Pose Fusion for Genesis to Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited March 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Pose Fusion is a new pose interface that allows you to Adjust, Reset and Mirror any part of the figure with ease. You can also apply settings to a specific area and choose to have its affect influence above or below your selection. You can also Undo and Redo changes within the script. Just click on any part of the figure in your scene or via the script and you are ready to start modifying your pose. You can also assign a shortcut key to open the script which will speed up your workflow when modifying or creating a pose.

This Product can also be used as a Merchant Resource as long as the Pose or Pose set you are modifying is of your Own Creation.

Supports Genesis to Genesis 8

Pose Fusion - Latest version - 1.4

Pose Fusion Plus - Latest version - 1.3

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• mavantemavante Posts: 734
    edited April 2020

Tempting teaser with a tantalizing title.

EDIT: I wrote that first line when there was nothing but a placeholder for this product, but now that the description has arrived above, it looks like it is living up to the teaser. What a great concept, and a blessing for all DS users.

Post edited by mavante on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,603
    mavante said:

Tempting teaser with a tantalizing title.

I see what you did there, lol. 

Like she sells sea shells by the sea shore. :P

Can't wait to see what Pose Fusion will bring!

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 165

That's really, really mean devil

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Thread Updated with details as product has passed QA stages.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    Zev0 said:

Pose Fusion is a new pose interface that allows you to Adjust, Reset and Mirror any part of the figure with ease. You can also apply settings to a specific area and choose to have its affect influence above or below your selection. You can also Undo and Redo changes within the script. Just click on any part of the figure in your scene or via the script and you are ready to start modifying your pose. You can also assign a shortcut key to open the script which will speed up your workflow when modifying or creating a pose.

This Product can also be used as a Merchant Resource as long as the Pose or Pose set you are modifying is of your Own Creation.

Supports Genesis to Genesis 8

Release Date Pending

This seem much better than Daz's native symmetry option! Can't wait to throw my money on this!

Thanks for the kind words. Ye we wanted to create an intergrated system that was easier and quicker to use, not just for symmetry.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Relieved to see a posing assistant which doesn't require saving/loading of data to function. :) Can never seem to get those to work correctly and overwhelmingly prefer things which just allow me to press a button and have the process all automated and done.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

It supports Genesis to Genesis 8. Now, does this mean that I can apply a Genesis pose to Genesis and then adjust it? Obviously, it does. But, does it mean that I can apply a Genesis pose (or a Genesis 2 or a Genesis 3 pose) to Genesis 8 and then adjust it? Or, will that produce twists and distortions? 

The product looks great. I'm just asking.

edited April 2020

"Or, will that produce twists and distortions"

That depends on the pose you are trying to use and from what figure.

In theory you are supposed to apply native figure poses to each figure, or same generation, unless you convert them. This tool will just work with all of them. This is not a pose converter. But yes, if you apply a genesis pose on genesis 8, even if that pose is messed up, you can adjust that pose via this tool, same as any pose. Hope that makes sense.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

The partial mirroring options are vastly welcome. I can't count the number of times that I've found a pose that was "almost" what was needed and ended up fighing to get all the parts in the right directions.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

awesome!

hope we see this in the store soon. 

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

First off, this is an insta-buy for me!  So excited!  I'm a huge fan of all of your work, Zev0!!

Secondly, and forgive me but I have to ask, who is the character in the promo images up there?  If it's a Zev0 character I probably have her, but I'm not great at identifying who is who and I can't find her in my library. 

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Awesome! Anything that makes posing more intuitive.

duckbomb said:

First off, this is an insta-buy for me!  So excited!  I'm a huge fan of all of your work, Zev0!!

Secondly, and forgive me but I have to ask, who is the character in the promo images up there?  If it's a Zev0 character I probably have her, but I'm not great at identifying who is who and I can't find her in my library. 

Oh Character is just V7 with a custom skin.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

LOL so simple I missed it.  Your promos are always great, also.  Again, fantastic work (although you certainly already know that) and THANK YOU for providing so many useful and unique products :) :)

Thanks for the kind words.

Product is now live. We thank you for your support. Enjoyyes

• Yoink!

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited April 2020

Went into my cart so fast, there are still burn marks on the website.. :)  But love this product, the main reason is because of the mirror option.. As has been said, there has been many a time I have found a pose that I wanted to use, but it had the wrong orientation and having to fight to get a mirror of that pose was annoying.. This product is awesome and has saved me from ending up in a padded cell.. :)

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018
    edited April 2020

Post edited by mcorr on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Boy, I  sure hope Apple Macintosh reads this! They seriously need to lower the price of their products.

edited April 2020

Thanks for your input Ghosty12. Price is priced as is for a reason. The amount of custom script work done here was a lot. It also supports multiple generations and each had to have custom logic applied to their bones because of different groupings. Secondly, this is a base product for an expansion (in developement) which allows the merging of any pose to any bone (think Pose Builder on steroids) using the same system, same as for a new pose saving feature. We didn't build this system to be a one trick pony.

Also I use this product daily so it is very useful to me even if on the surface it doesn't look as useful. To me it is more usable than a clothing or hair set that costs roughly the same price and gets used less.

Now, if you have this base product you will get a discount on the expansion and Dial Control when those are released. Also if you wait, this product price will be cheaper when products are not stated as new and are hugely discounted. So based on how the store operates, and taking into what is planned for the product, vs time spent, the price is right. Now if this product was priced much lower and further down the line when aggressive store discounts takes place, how sustainable will it be then? I take all aspects into account regarding pricing and what I think is a fair price vs sustainability. If you think it is a bit expensive then you can always wait when it gets discounted deeper later down the line. Also we plan on doing a Bundle as well, which will automatically have all products reduced by 30% at base cost. This will work out the same for early adopters who buy Pose Fusion, the expansion and Dial Control individually with adoption discounts. (Bundle structure still pending based on release dates)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,460

Where might I find the "source pose" in the far left of this image?

Four pictures of a woman sitting on white blocks.

edited April 2020

Pose comes from this set https://www.daz3d.com/advanced-seated-poses-for-genesis-8-female

It is pose ASP Pose 030 Genesis 8 Female

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020

A little friendly user/purchaser feedback from somebody who teaches business and economics.

In a free market, ultimately the market determines what the fair price of a product is, which is known in Econ 101 as "Price Discovery.” Simply stated, I am offered a product or a service and when the price hits the sweet spot for me, there is mutual agreement (“price discovery” happens) and I buy the product or service. Sounds easy, right?

There is, however, a more complicated set of principles that actually regulate how market forces interact to ultimately determine price behavior. Below, a few instructive points on what those are and how they should be observed when determining pricing strategies.

Basic price determining factors.

First, the price of a product is usually thought of as costs (labor, rent, time, materials, difficulty of development/production, etc.) plus what the seller wants to charge to make a profit. Not always so. In fact, mostly not so. A more accurate picture is that it has to do with whether or not the asked-for price by the seller “justifies” buying the product in the buyer's mind. This speaks against developing use-limited products with high overhead costs (or ones that take too much time and effort) since the resulting higher prices would retard turnover, i.e. sales. Examining the word “justifies" gets us closer to understanding the relevant and deciding market dynamics better.

First and foremost is the perceived--or actual--need of a product, which (in the case of scripts) increases with the functionality and importance/usefulness/necessity of the script. The more you need it, the less (in technical jargon) "demand elastic" it is.

Second, the less "demand elastic" something is (i.e. the more "demand inelastic" it is), the more you will have to, and will, shell out to get it because, regardless of costs, it is seen as being absolutely essential. In these cases, sellers can set almost whatever price they want and people will oblige.

Third, when something isn't that "must-absolutely-get-it-regardless-of-cost", then correct pricing strategy becomes more of a factor. For example, maybe you don't really, really need a particular product, but if the price is sufficiently attractive, you are willing to buy it. Getting this sweet spot wrong means: (1) I will not make timely sales (which hinders revenue flow), (2) nor will I make a lot of sales at a higher price (because the product will first have to be steeply discounted for it to go out of the door, which also costs me revenue), and (3) I might even completely miss the chance of selling the product (i.e. because people will wait for a sale, by which time a better or cheaper product may have caught their attention, or by which they just might have lost interest, or learned to do without). Getting this right benefits the seller in every instance. Getting it wrong benefits the buyer in every instance because he or she holds on to more money.

Fourth, in an economy where now close to 20% of folks are unemployed and disposable income is quickly drying up (my Sherona), the above factors become even more relevant and acute. Ignoring them could lead to really bad pricing strategy/decisions resulting in even larger than normal sales/revenue losses. I don't think most sellers appreciate this new reality, but they soon will, trust me.

My opinions about script-based products.

Given the stated observations, I would suggest (my personal opinion, but I think the sales stats will prove me right) that this product is priced too high, or that the initial offering of a mere 30% introductory discount is too low.

This is a needed product, for sure (and I will eventually buy it), but the price for what essentially amounts to a mirror script with some bells and whistles to get it right is … a little steep ($27.95 or $19.57 with 30% discount). While useful and needed, it isn't a "demand-inelastic" product like the “Rigging” product and, therefore, it’s pricing is disproportionate to its actual usefulness. I’m not belittling the work done here, not at all. It’s great like all of zev0's excellent products. I’m just talking about the functionality it offers versus the price I must pay to obtain it.

For me, 50% of full price would have been where this product — as a newly introduced product -- would have hit the price/functionality acceptable sweet spot.

Going back to the sales/pricing realities I spoke of, the fact that the product is not so critical (in the true sense of what that word really means, which is that it is so essential that it is “demand inelastic”), but nevertheless priced far above what I am willing to pay for such a useful, but non-essential item, means that I've now been nudged by market realities to: (1) not be an early adopter; (2) wait to buy the product at a bigger discount later, and; (3) that if a competing and better or equal product comes out in the meantime, to buy that instead. As I explained, that situation categorically puts me into a financial advantage in this transaction, and the seller categorically into a disadvantaged one.

Possible win-win solutions.

The first and most obvious solution where everybody wins would be to bring into proper alignment the real, actual necessity of a person immediately owning this product with the cost (price) of being able to do so.

Second, since the perceived or actual value/necessity of a product dictates how fast, and well it sells, another option would be to push the product into the "demand inelastic” category by adding other highly useful functions in order to make the overall product much, much more useful and thereby more attractive and difficult to resist, possibly even if slightly higher priced. A higher multi-functional product would also have the advantage of making it unlikely that an equivalent, competing similarly intricate product will appear on the market any time soon (which would also siphon off sales, i.e. revenue).

Personally, I would like to see more “suites” combining related or complementary functions (as some vendors offer). For example, even combining only ”Dial Control" with this product would make a much more powerful and "must-have" product that could easily command a higher price (and that would easily get faster, higher adoption rates = sales right out of the gate, less lost revenue, etc.).

Conclusion

I would argue that with a declining economy where people are becoming more cost-conscious, spending-adverse and functionality-demanding, the highest profits will accrue from products with lower prices for basically non-critical, singular-functionality items, and/or from suite-like products that have multiple functionalities and uses, which in combo would be seen as indispensable, even if priced somewhat higher.

Addendum:

I fully appreciate that there is an additional factor operative here at DAZ: incentives exist to buy a new product, especially a higher than usually priced one, through use of extra discounts on other, older products that can be bought in tandem with the new product itself. Such synergies may work to off set some of the dynamics I've described, but that heavily depends on what those other products are and how steep the discounts on them are, and … how much a buyer thinks he or she needs that extra stuff. If the interaction between these factors is weak, they won't help drive sales of an over-priced new product. And regardless (I must stress this again), in times when people have less and less money to spend on additional stuff just to get what they want, this strategy will also not work as well as it did before Sherona appeared on the scene.

Post edited by mcorr on
  • ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 2,974
    edited April 2020

Nevermind.

Post edited by ChangelingChick on
    edited April 2020
    Zev0 said:

Now, if you have this base product you will get a discount on the expansion and Dial Control when those are released. Also if you wait, this product price will be cheaper when products are not stated as new and are hugely discounted. So based on how the store operates, and taking into what is planned for the product, vs time spent, the price is right. Now if this product was priced much lower and further down the line when aggressive store discounts takes place, how sustainable will it be then? I take all aspects into account regarding pricing and what I think is a fair price vs sustainability. If you think it is a bit expensive then you can always wait when it gets discounted deeper later down the line. Also we plan on doing a Bundle as well, which will automatically have all products reduced by 30% at base cost. This will work out the same for early adopters who buy Pose Fusion, the expansion and Dial Control individually with adoption discounts. (Bundle structure still pending based on release dates)

That sweetens the pot. Some important, valid points here. Entrance price determins a lot regarding how much discounts will invariably eat up in profits. Now if I only knew what all those future savings were that I can attain to my leaping now, I'd be in a better position to evaluate if the numbers really add up ... it also of course assumes that I will feel compelled to buy all those other products and, thereby, get the savings that would bring the overall price of them all down. That said, I'm inclined to trust you on that as long as there are no "acts of God" or unforeseen events to change "plans." But as we both pointed out, one can always wait for the steep discounts, buy things individually and still come out OK. As I said, there is always a financial advantage to me waiting, but is there for the seller too? Not always I would argue, unless a real, real tricked out pricing stratgey has been worked out (and it sounds like you have) and a real sophisticated analysis has been done in a dvance pretty much proving the high likihood of a positive outcome (win-win) for all.

Post edited by mcorr on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

It's number 1 in What's Hot, so it must be priced at an acceptable level for many customers.

• Without knowing how many lines were written I do not understand how the price has been calculated to indicate "high price", or low, or so.

mcorr said:

A little friendly user/purchaser feedback from somebody who teaches business and economics.

In a free market, ultimately the market determines what the fair price of a product is, which is known in Econ 101 as "Price Discovery.” Simply stated, I am offered a product or a service and when the price hits the sweet spot for me, there is mutual agreement (“price discovery” happens) and I buy the product or service. Sounds easy, right?

There is, however, a more complicated set of principles that actually regulate how market forces interact to ultimately determine price behavior. Below, a few instructive points on what those are and how they should be observed when determining pricing strategies.

Basic price determining factors.

First, the price of a product is usually thought of as costs (labor, rent, time, materials, difficulty of development/production, etc.) plus what the seller wants to charge to make a profit. Not always so. In fact, mostly not so. A more accurate picture is that it has to do with whether or not the asked-for price by the seller “justifies” buying the product in the buyer's mind. This speaks against developing use-limited products with high overhead costs (or ones that take too much time and effort) since the resulting higher prices would retard turnover, i.e. sales. Examining the word “justifies" gets us closer to understanding the relevant and deciding market dynamics better.

First and foremost is the perceived--or actual--need of a product, which (in the case of scripts) increases with the functionality and importance/usefulness/necessity of the script. The more you need it, the less (in technical jargon) "demand elastic" it is.

Second, the less "demand elastic" something is (i.e. the more "demand inelastic" it is), the more you will have to, and will, shell out to get it because, regardless of costs, it is seen as being absolutely essential. In these cases, sellers can set almost whatever price they want and people will oblige.

Third, when something isn't that "must-absolutely-get-it-regardless-of-cost", then correct pricing strategy becomes more of a factor. For example, maybe you don't really, really need a particular product, but if the price is sufficiently attractive, you are willing to buy it. Getting this sweet spot wrong means: (1) I will not make timely sales (which hinders revenue flow), (2) nor will I make a lot of sales at a higher price (because the product will first have to be steeply discounted for it to go out of the door, which also costs me revenue), and (3) I might even completely miss the chance of selling the product (i.e. because people will wait for a sale, by which time a better or cheaper product may have caught their attention, or by which they just might have lost interest, or learned to do without). Getting this right benefits the seller in every instance. Getting it wrong benefits the buyer in every instance because he or she holds on to more money.

Fourth, in an economy where now close to 20% of folks are unemployed and disposable income is quickly drying up (my Sherona), the above factors become even more relevant and acute. Ignoring them could lead to really bad pricing strategy/decisions resulting in even larger than normal sales/revenue losses. I don't think most sellers appreciate this new reality, but they soon will, trust me.

My opinions about script-based products.

Given the stated observations, I would suggest (my personal opinion, but I think the sales stats will prove me right) that this product is priced too high, or that the initial offering of a mere 30% introductory discount is too low.

This is a needed product, for sure (and I will eventually buy it), but the price for what essentially amounts to a mirror script with some bells and whistles to get it right is … a little steep ($27.95 or $19.57 with 30% discount). While useful and needed, it isn't a "demand-inelastic" product like the “Rigging” product and, therefore, it’s pricing is disproportionate to its actual usefulness. I’m not belittling the work done here, not at all. It’s great like all of zev0's excellent products. I’m just talking about the functionality it offers versus the price I must pay to obtain it.

For me, 50% of full price would have been where this product — as a newly introduced product -- would have hit the price/functionality acceptable sweet spot.

Going back to the sales/pricing realities I spoke of, the fact that the product is not so critical (in the true sense of what that word really means, which is that it is so essential that it is “demand inelastic”), but nevertheless priced far above what I am willing to pay for such a useful, but non-essential item, means that I've now been nudged by market realities to: (1) not be an early adopter; (2) wait to buy the product at a bigger discount later, and; (3) that if a competing and better or equal product comes out in the meantime, to buy that instead. As I explained, that situation categorically puts me into a financial advantage in this transaction, and the seller categorically into a disadvantaged one.

Possible win-win solutions.

The first and most obvious solution where everybody wins would be to bring into proper alignment the real, actual necessity of a person immediately owning this product with the cost (price) of being able to do so.

Second, since the perceived or actual value/necessity of a product dictates how fast, and well it sells, another option would be to push the product into the "demand inelastic” category by adding other highly useful functions in order to make the overall product much, much more useful and thereby more attractive and difficult to resist, possibly even if slightly higher priced. A higher multi-functional product would also have the advantage of making it unlikely that an equivalent, competing similarly intricate product will appear on the market any time soon (which would also siphon off sales, i.e. revenue).

Personally, I would like to see more “suites” combining related or complementary functions (as some vendors offer). For example, even combining only ”Dial Control" with this product would make a much more powerful and "must-have" product that could easily command a higher price (and that would easily get faster, higher adoption rates = sales right out of the gate, less lost revenue, etc.).

Conclusion

I would argue that with a declining economy where people are becoming more cost-conscious, spending-adverse and functionality-demanding, the highest profits will accrue from products with lower prices for basically non-critical, singular-functionality items, and/or from suite-like products that have multiple functionalities and uses, which in combo would be seen as indispensable, even if priced somewhat higher.

Addendum:

I fully appreciate that there is an additional factor operative here at DAZ: incentives exist to buy a new product, especially a higher than usually priced one, through use of extra discounts on other, older products that can be bought in tandem with the new product itself. Such synergies may work to off set some of the dynamics I've described, but that heavily depends on what those other products are and how steep the discounts on them are, and … how much a buyer thinks he or she needs that extra stuff. If the interaction between these factors is weak, they won't help drive sales of an over-priced new product. And regardless (I must stress this again), in times when people have less and less money to spend on additional stuff just to get what they want, this strategy will also not work as well as it did before Sherona appeared on the scene.

• In fact. If a pack of poses price if around 16$, How an almost "pose generator" can be priced at less of the twice?