The I’ve Seen Fire and I’ve Seen Snow and Now I Want Cocoa Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385
    edited December 1969

I've been working pretty non stop so haven't been keeping up very good with the thread. Trying to get my March Madness pack finished off. Not sure if I'm gonna make it though

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

I was looking at the thumb for AT Drone and I was thinking Stonemason probably made it as it looks like his work.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Raining here light but steady, water falling from the sky is still a minor miracle yay :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I was looking at the thumb for AT Drone and I was thinking Stonemason probably made it as it looks like his work.

It says who made it right under the name of the item, up on the left. No need to guess.

Dana

edited December 1969

Found a Stonemason item I do not have. actually several. For some reason I never picked up the abandoned city sets. I want them but they are not on sale.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Yep.
    atCapture.JPG
    594 x 660 - 60K
    edited December 1969

I was showing someone some G2F dresses and asking if she would wear them. I later told her that they are digital images and she thought they were real photos.

edited December 1969

Meh one of my Mac Pro's has died, tried all the tricks I know to get it to turn on but noooo, must have been the heat, it did get very hot for a while. Hope a tech can bring it back. On the upside it only runs admin stuff and Final Cut so not really a big drama. End of June delivery for a new one, really hope a tech can figure it out. Down to my last two compy's, that is my complaint. Buddy can you spare a few cores for a down and out render farm? :lol:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited February 2014

Frank0314 said:
    I've been working pretty non stop so haven't been keeping up very good with the thread. Trying to get my March Madness pack finished off. Not sure if I'm gonna make it though

...for me March Madness is moot. Had to cancel renewal of my PC membership, have not bought anything in a while. Have one week to go to have something turn around.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Crashed out in a comfy chair before and was dreaming I'd been complaining for the past few days, what a nightmare. Oh, wait I was complaining for the last few days :lol: There was a forum crash?

did you buy your new dungarees?

the jeans round here are made for people with no butts. lol. refrigerator repair man syndrome, ala Dan Akroyd, tee hee

High waist straight leg Levi Jeans are still in the shops here. Well one less since this afternoon :)

edited February 2014

Miss B said:
    chohole said:
    it's funny how we're all feeling extra sleepy. maybe it's the season changing, or the polar vortex, or the aztec calendar?

I think the polar vortex is making us think we should be hibernating.

Except in the UK where we are all busy growing fins and web feet, especially those poor people who live in the West Country.
    ~ROFLMAO~ Thanks for the chuckle Cho. I needed it today. :coolsmirk:

Hey fins wow evolution in action :lol: Don't feel so sleepy today must have caught up a bit last night. And RIP Andrea Stone, one of the Maya Calendar people, we'll not see her like again any time soon.

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

...for me March Madness is moot. Had to cancel renewal of my PC membership, have not bought anything in a while. Have one week to go to have something turn around or it's on the streets.

Hoping it doesn't come to that *hugs*

edited December 1969

I saw some apartments for $850 USD. That is not a bad price considering they are about three miles from downtown Madison and near some shopping centers. I'm actually tempted to take the bus between Milwaukee and Madison to see the countryside and farms.

If I go to Madison for an interview, I will need to switch planes in Detroit. I rather take the plane instead of a 20 hour train ride. lol

Edit: The Amtrak train runs between Chicago and Washington, D.C. I'll need to take the bus from Madison Chicago. I think the bus trip to Chicago is about two and a half hours.

ok, I'm going back to job hunting online because it is raining outside.

Washington - Chicago Amtrak sounds romantic and wonderful :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

A question for the ages ... or DAZ management, whichever: Why is Secret Garden Shaded Haven on sale in Fast Grab -- or, really, available for purchase at all -- when it's now free with Studio as part of the Persian Dancer tutorial thingie? I would be thoroughly annoyed to buy it now only to discover that it was free. (I was very slightly annoyed when it was made free in the first place, since I did buy it.) Is there some difference between the version on sale and the one that comes with Studio? Inquiring minds want to know!

edited December 1969

Tek friend says she will bring her kit over tomorrow and scope out the dead Mac, don't really know what she means but sounds hopeful anyhow :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited December 1969

I was trying to bone Bobbies Horned Barbarian's loin
    but it just scrunches

tigerfeet.gif
    400 x 800 - 3M
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    A question for the ages ... or DAZ management, whichever: Why is Secret Garden Shaded Haven on sale in Fast Grab -- or, really, available for purchase at all -- when it's now free with Studio as part of the Persian Dancer tutorial thingie? I would be thoroughly annoyed to buy it now only to discover that it was free. (I was very slightly annoyed when it was made free in the first place, since I did buy it.) Is there some difference between the version on sale and the one that comes with Studio? Inquiring minds want to know!

I haven't checked, but the one in G2FSE may be DS4.5+ only.

edited December 1969

I was trying to bone Bobbies Horned Barbarian's loin
    but it just scrunches

Some falloff zone needs adjusting there way up the y axis so that it rolls off somewhere below but near the waist and the leg zones can take over :)

edited December 1969
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited February 2014

...ps1, sad to hear about the Mac. Hopefully your friend can get it working again.

The week, age, and weariness of the last two months has caught up with me, took a nap earlier today then a short while ago again.

Don't feel like doing much of anything tonight save go back to bed. Maybe a good night's sleep will help.

...maybe.

...have a good night all.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

piece o bday cake delicioso. lil glass of white wine straight to my head :lol:

02-21-14_1737.jpg
    640 x 480 - 35K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...ps1, sad to hear about the Mac. Hopefully your friend can get it working again.

The week, age, and weariness of the last two months has caught up with me, took a nap earlier today then a short while ago again.

Don't feel like doing much of anything tonight save go back to bed. Maybe a god night's sleep will help.

...maybe.

tucks in the kid shhhh

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
    edited December 1969

brr brr shvrrr time to drag out grandmas quilt.

the ludicrous quilt. may the shwartz be with you :lol:

edited February 2014

Kyoto Kid said:

Don't feel like doing much of anything tonight save go back to bed. Maybe a good night's sleep will help.

...maybe.

yes I did feel a little lip quiver coming on :lol: I'm determined not to go to sleep until I've done some more lazing around :)

edited December 1969

hehe the palm trees are great, looks like they are dancing :lol: Yes something is clearly influencing the mesh on that conformer where it should be conforming to legs but the video is real funny anyhow :lol:

edited December 1969

brr brr shvrrr time to drag out grandmas quilt.

the ludicrous quilt. may the shwartz be with you :lol:

Sun is going down here, not too hot but not real cold today :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...maybe.

yes I did feel a little lip quiver coming on :lol: I'm determined not to go to sleep until I've done some more lazing around :)

the healing value of lazing around, physically, emotionally, highly recommended :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...maybe.

the healing value of lazing around, physically, emotionally, highly recommended :)

I guess the big philosophical issue is if you are asleep are you still lazing around? And how do you know you're not going to dream about work? Takes quite a few beers to work that stuff out :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

hehe the palm trees are great, looks like they are dancing :lol: Yes something is clearly influencing the mesh on that conformer where it should be conforming to legs but the video is real funny anyhow :lol:
    it originally did conform to legs and stretched with them,
    I was trying to use independent sibling/ghost bones to make it flap with iClone spring but it scrunches.
    I used triax, maybe a seperate mesh and general weights would be better, hide Bobbies mesh and parent a rigged copy to it, still figuring out, I usually do a parented spring prop for hairs.
    my DS weightpainting sucks, a parented prop I can do in carrara.

edited February 2014

ps1borg said:

it originally did conform to legs and stretched with them,
    I was trying to use independent sibling/ghost bones to make it flap with iClone spring but it scrunches.
    I used triax, maybe a seperate mesh and general weights would be better, hide Bobbies mesh and parent a rigged copy to it, still figuring out, I usually do a parented spring prop for hairs.
    my DS weightpainting sucks, a parented prop I can do in carrara.

If you think of a weight map as a gradient it might help, you fix a point where you want the grad to begin and other points where you want it to end. Swap out points for verts and a weight map sounds a little conceptually easier maybe ? :) Anyhow maybe you are in a one bone two parent situation I dunno, those mostly end badly :lol:

This discussion has been closed.