The I’ve Seen Fire and I’ve Seen Snow and Now I Want Cocoa Complaint Thread

1101113151650

Comments

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,303
    edited December 1969

    'plaint, rmp coupies don't apply to bundles. the chandeliers iz in a nice bundle.

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,303
    edited December 1969

    ps1borg said:
    Oh yay my old Mac lives on. Well one PCI audio breakout card is dead but the onboard audio seems to work OK so just need an optical audio cable and back in business. Lucky to have good friends I think. Lucky also that a 2007 Mac Pro is so friendly to repair and mod. so yay lucky lucky lucky. Can go back to lazing around now, phew broke compys are stressful :)


    ressurection PARTY! :) :)


    iz that the machine with like 40+ cores?

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 20,681
    edited December 1969

    My left hand hurts. There is a scrape on it and that is bothering me.

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    My back is really bad today. Its traveling down my legs and into my knees

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,303
    edited February 2014

    the night lounge is on sale. can't decide what to do


    ssippss Oz rose wine :)


    day goes fast when ya wake up at 14:00 in the afternoon :roll:

    Post edited by Mystarra on
  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,303
    edited December 1969

    {hugz} for all the hurties. woes

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,294
    edited December 1969

    complaint: I found some jobs that I am almost qualified for.

    One requires a Ph.D. for a $60,000 salary job.

    The other jobs are at military bases for enlisted soldiers. I'll keep looking.


    ...beginning to get frustrated and discouraged in this department. Seems it's either 'pretty face jobs" (receptionist or other front desk position), retail sales. another position where those who are young, "handsome" and/or "pretty" get the nod and in which you also have to stand on your feet all day, upper level admin/management positions, or they are out of town or in another state.

    There's this one service that sends me my "job of the day" each morning which is they say is "based on the experience and and background on your (my) resume" Once again it is some executive admin position I never would qualify for. A lot of the times it's IT or Network based of which I have nothing like that mentioned on my resume or in my work history profile.

    It may sound odd to some, but I don't need a job that pays 50,000 - 60,000$ a year and all the extra stress and baggage that comes with it. I'm told that I'm wasting my talent, my experience, I need to advance myself, and look to step up, blah, blah, blah. At my age and given the situation, that doesn't matter much anymore so why add extra stress to my life? Just give me a cubicle and a workstation for 8 hours a day "pushing data" and I'd be happy as when I leave at 5:00, the job stays at the office and doesn't go home with me.

    My CG work and stories are more important to me than "landing the big contract", driving an expensive car, or being promoted to VP and getting a plush office with a big desk (and all the pressure and worries that come with it).

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,294
    edited December 1969

    At least it is not row row your boat down the street.

    ...was like that on Tuesday and Wednesday last week.

    Actually more like "man the pumps and buckets" to bail out my flat.

    ..and there's three to four months of the "wet season" to go.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,067
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    complaint: I found some jobs that I am almost qualified for.

    One requires a Ph.D. for a $60,000 salary job.

    The other jobs are at military bases for enlisted soldiers. I'll keep looking.


    ...beginning to get frustrated and discouraged in this department. Seems it's either 'pretty face jobs" (receptionist or other front desk position), retail sales. another position where those who are young, "handsome" and/or "pretty" get the nod and in which you also have to stand on your feet all day, upper level admin/management positions, or they are out of town or in another state.

    There's this one service that sends me my "job of the day" each morning which is they say is "based on the experience and and background on your (my) resume" Once again it is some executive admin position I never would qualify for. A lot of the times it's IT or Network based of which I have nothing like that mentioned on my resume or in my work history profile.

    It may sound odd to some, but I don't need a job that pays 50,000 - 60,000$ a year and all the extra stress and baggage that comes with it. I'm told that I'm wasting my talent, my experience, I need to advance myself, and look to step up, blah, blah, blah. At my age and given the situation, that doesn't matter much anymore so why add extra stress to my life? Just give me a cubicle and a workstation for 8 hours a day "pushing data" and I'd be happy as when I leave at 5:00, the job stays at the office and doesn't go home with me.

    My CG work and stories are more important to me than "landing the big contract", driving an expensive car, or being promoted to VP and getting a plush office with a big desk (and all the pressure and worries that come with it).

    When I worked at COMDEX, through it's various name incarnations, I was making $60K and the job didn't come home with me...unless I wanted it to. The one exception was a single time when something broke and it was my responsibility to see what happened and fix it...on a Saturday. But that happened only once, or maybe twice, in more than six years.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,294
    edited December 1969

    Frank0314 said:
    My back is really bad today. Its traveling down my legs and into my knees

    ...sounds like sciatica. I get that at times. No fun because every move you make, whether sitting or standing, is painful.
  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 20,681
    edited December 1969

    I cannot get anything done at the daz site.

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,303
    edited December 1969

    frozen meatloaf and mashers for dinner

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 20,681
    edited December 1969

    frozen meatloaf and mashers for dinner

    why are you eating it frozen?

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 30,303
    edited February 2014

    tee hee vintage men's swim wear

    - jeanie vintage wear

    JayR was good lookin in b&w

    wait a second, wasn't that djin a klingon?

    jr.jpg
    300 x 194 - 9K
    jean.jpg
    300 x 225 - 8K
    jean2.jpg
    226 x 300 - 12K
    vintage1910.jpg
    401 x 640 - 103K
    vintage.jpg
    449 x 600 - 51K
    Post edited by Mystarra on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 30,294
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    complaint: I found some jobs that I am almost qualified for.

    One requires a Ph.D. for a $60,000 salary job.

    The other jobs are at military bases for enlisted soldiers. I'll keep looking.


    ...beginning to get frustrated and discouraged in this department. Seems it's either 'pretty face jobs" (receptionist or other front desk position), retail sales. another position where those who are young, "handsome" and/or "pretty" get the nod and in which you also have to stand on your feet all day, upper level admin/management positions, or they are out of town or in another state.

    There's this one service that sends me my "job of the day" each morning which is they say is "based on the experience and and background on your (my) resume" Once again it is some executive admin position I never would qualify for. A lot of the times it's IT or Network based of which I have nothing like that mentioned on my resume or in my work history profile.

    It may sound odd to some, but I don't need a job that pays 50,000 - 60,000$ a year and all the extra stress and baggage that comes with it. I'm told that I'm wasting my talent, my experience, I need to advance myself, and look to step up, blah, blah, blah. At my age and given the situation, that doesn't matter much anymore so why add extra stress to my life? Just give me a cubicle and a workstation for 8 hours a day "pushing data" and I'd be happy as when I leave at 5:00, the job stays at the office and doesn't go home with me.

    My CG work and stories are more important to me than "landing the big contract", driving an expensive car, or being promoted to VP and getting a plush office with a big desk (and all the pressure and worries that come with it).

    When I worked at COMDEX, through it's various name incarnations, I was making $60K and the job didn't come home with me...unless I wanted it to. The one exception was a single time when something broke and it was my responsibility to see what happened and fix it...on a Saturday. But that happened only once, or maybe twice, in more than six years.
    ...my skillset isn't in the IT and tech area. It has more in common with business management and admin areas which are not only very stressful but often spill over into your "off the clock" life. I'm not saying taking actual work from the office home, it's more the stress and pressure from such positions simply doesn't "turn off" when you leave the office. For example, I'd be at a pub in he evening and overhear "suits" talk about business stuff and their jobs, that's is what I mean about the job following you home. The last thing I want to talk about or deal with on my own time is work, I'd rather talk sports, the weather, or something else.

    At this stage in life I'd be content making 30,000$ a year doing the same "boring" tasks day after day, and not having to make any heavy decisions that wold affect a company's future. It's what I do on my time that is more important to me. I've been in positions where my life pretty much was my job. I don't want that anymore, no matter how much it pays.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,067
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    complaint: I found some jobs that I am almost qualified for.

    One requires a Ph.D. for a $60,000 salary job.

    The other jobs are at military bases for enlisted soldiers. I'll keep looking.


    ...beginning to get frustrated and discouraged in this department. Seems it's either 'pretty face jobs" (receptionist or other front desk position), retail sales. another position where those who are young, "handsome" and/or "pretty" get the nod and in which you also have to stand on your feet all day, upper level admin/management positions, or they are out of town or in another state.

    There's this one service that sends me my "job of the day" each morning which is they say is "based on the experience and and background on your (my) resume" Once again it is some executive admin position I never would qualify for. A lot of the times it's IT or Network based of which I have nothing like that mentioned on my resume or in my work history profile.

    It may sound odd to some, but I don't need a job that pays 50,000 - 60,000$ a year and all the extra stress and baggage that comes with it. I'm told that I'm wasting my talent, my experience, I need to advance myself, and look to step up, blah, blah, blah. At my age and given the situation, that doesn't matter much anymore so why add extra stress to my life? Just give me a cubicle and a workstation for 8 hours a day "pushing data" and I'd be happy as when I leave at 5:00, the job stays at the office and doesn't go home with me.

    My CG work and stories are more important to me than "landing the big contract", driving an expensive car, or being promoted to VP and getting a plush office with a big desk (and all the pressure and worries that come with it).

    When I worked at COMDEX, through it's various name incarnations, I was making $60K and the job didn't come home with me...unless I wanted it to. The one exception was a single time when something broke and it was my responsibility to see what happened and fix it...on a Saturday. But that happened only once, or maybe twice, in more than six years.
    ...my skillset isn't in the IT and tech area. It has more in common with business management and admin areas which are not only very stressful but often spill over into your "off the clock" life. I'm not saying taking actual work from the office home, it's more the stress and pressure from such positions simply doesn't "turn off" when you leave the office. For example, I'd be at a pub in he evening and overhear "suits" talk about business stuff and their jobs, that's is what I mean about the job following you home. The last thing I want to talk about or deal with on my own time is work, I'd rather talk sports, the weather, or something else.

    At this stage in life I'd be content making 30,000$ a year doing the same "boring" tasks day after day, and not having to make any heavy decisions that wold affect a company's future. It's what I do on my time that is more important to me. I've been in positions where my life pretty much was my job. I don't want that anymore, no matter how much it pays.

    I don't know how old you are now, but you have a lot of years ahead of you. I wouldn't close the door on something more...you need to have something for after...let's face it, SS is not going to do much for us. And life expectancy is always going up, not down. I started earning good money late in life, for most. And my mortgage was late, too. Let's put it this way, unless I hit some windfall, I'll be paying my mortgage until I'm 80. Maybe you're different, but I'd like to stay here at least. I don't want to go back to living in an apartment. After you've had your own home, you never want to go back to that. And to me, a condo is just an over-glorified apartment.

    Dana

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2014

    Morning. Warm and sunny and real quiet here for a Monday, Haven't hit the freeways yet, might be a different story but so far so great :)

    77.png
    212 x 168 - 16K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    I got into an accident and became disabled from it when I started making good money. I'm still fighting to get on SSD. I loved and hated my management job. We worked 10-12 hour day 6 days a week and the work always followed me home. When I was chief of police I got phone calls from my officer all day and night long so in essence you were working 24/7 and very little money

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2014

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    2 Headed Shark Attack is on TV. Double the Jaws :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLVKnZzYO0M

    Close to grainy enough to cheat an old news photo *hopes*


    ...just need to convert to greyscale. Is that a Yak 3 or Tupolev?

    An Ilyushin IL2 Sturmovik

    eta like the one Anna Yegorova flew
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Yegorova

    300px-Il2_sturmovik.jpg
    300 x 108 - 8K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Frank0314 said:
    I got into an accident and became disabled from it when I started making good money. I'm still fighting to get on SSD. I loved and hated my management job. We worked 10-12 hour day 6 days a week and the work always followed me home. When I was chief of police I got phone calls from my officer all day and night long so in essence you were working 24/7 and very little money

    My SO works in law enforcement, gots to empathise with the long hours and hard times :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

    Miss B said:
    Jaderail said:
    So tired of my rolly coaster weather..

    Oh me too. It was in the 50s yesterday, and the same today. Considering it was wet and cold the early part of the week, I'm lucky I'm not sick. I really hate this.

    COME ON MOTHER NATURE!!! PICK A SEASON AND STICK TO IT!!! ~sheesh~

    Still a few weeks of warm to go for us here in the great southern land :)

  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited February 2014

    ps1borg said:
    Oh yay my old Mac lives on. Well one PCI audio breakout card is dead but the onboard audio seems to work OK so just need an optical audio cable and back in business. Lucky to have good friends I think. Lucky also that a 2007 Mac Pro is so friendly to repair and mod. so yay lucky lucky lucky. Can go back to lazing around now, phew broke compys are stressful :)


    ressurection PARTY! :) :)


    iz that the machine with like 40+ cores?

    Dual Xeon 5150's, 4 cores. Back from the gravy :lol:

    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    I gave my son my 4 core a couple years ago. I got a 6 core now

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 9,993
    edited December 1969

    tee hee vintage men's swim wear

    - jeanie vintage wear

    JayR was good lookin in b&w

    wait a second, wasn't that djin a klingon?


    Yes, the late actor, Michael Ansara.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/08/02/michael-ansara-who-played-original-klingon-dies/2614339/
  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 9,993
    edited December 1969

    The product of a Sunday afternoon of goofing off.

    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/22134/

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    I set out to only work a couple hours today and it turned into 10 hours. I still have to go make dinner and fold the laundry.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 11,067
    edited December 1969

    tjohn said:
    The product of a Sunday afternoon of goofing off.

    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/22134/

    Bubbly skin...looks like a disease...is that from the monstrosity thingy?

    I haven't tried mixing different shapes yet.

    Dana

  • TjohnTjohn Posts: 9,993
    edited December 1969

    DanaTA said:
    tjohn said:
    The product of a Sunday afternoon of goofing off.

    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/22134/

    Bubbly skin...looks like a disease...is that from the monstrosity thingy?

    I haven't tried mixing different shapes yet.

    Dana
    Yep. It surprised me that the displacement map stayed when I changed the textures, but thought it looked cool/funny so I left it.

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 10,821
    edited December 1969

    Yeah, I like the displacement on it.

  • Miss Bad WolfMiss Bad Wolf Posts: 20,681
    edited December 1969

    I wish I could give her pointed ears but if I do the hair would look weird. I am too tired to figure out how to make it so the hair won't follow the ear morphs.

    oddcouple.jpg
    1010 x 922 - 137K
This discussion has been closed.