Things you may not know about Genesis and DAZ Studio 4

13»

Comments

• hey guys please can any one tell me Genesis 2 and Genesis3 and 4 are Separate model base or all work on Genesis 2

i really dont get the difference

i have downloaded daz with gen 2 how can i make it gen 4 female and male

please help me

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 32,949
    edited October 2018

There is Genesis   Genesis 2 M&F   Genesis 3 M&F   then  come Genesis 8 M&F.   there are no Genesis 4,5,6 or 7.

You need to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials for each.

Generation 4 is an older technolgy and is stand alone, doesn't have any connection with Genesis

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Mas, onde realmente está o produto "Cristina Genitalia" se eu jamais encontrei isso naquele item? 

• fdcfdc Posts: 16

Hey ladies and gents. Is there a way to converts Genesis 3 clothing to fit Genesis 8?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 65,768
    fdc said:

Hey ladies and gents. Is there a way to converts Genesis 3 clothing to fit Genesis 8?

Yes - the AutoFit dialogue should support this with just the Starter Essentails installed. Fit the clothing to Genesis 8, pick the Genesis 3 figure as the one it was made for, optionally pick a template, and click Accept.

• I've bought a couple of clothing items for the Genesis 3 female, downloaded and installed them. Then I loaded the Gen3 figure, put the cloths on her, posed her and tried to render. Now the clothing looks nice, but the Gen 3 figure is transparent.

Man, DAZ Studio drives me mad.

I'm using 4.10.0.123 Pro 64-bit for Mac on a Mac Pro 2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

• Hi guys, I bought some beards and body hair for Genesis (generic name), but I cannot find them on Genesis 2, 3, 8.

If they are ment for Genesis 1, wo is this Genesis 1? I still can't find the things I downloaded.... any idea?

• Hi!

I´m feeling idiot for asking this... but how can we blink the eyes in V6 G2. Where are the controls for that?  I already seached in my Poser and Daz3d 4.11 and can´t find it. Lots of morphs and expressions but no eye "open" or "close". Sorry for asking such a basic question.

CD

• FlexFlex Posts: 0

hi just need a little help, i need to turn off shadows on my models, in short i dont want them casting any shadows, there used to be a function in an older version of daz but i dont seem to be able to find it in 4.11, any help would be much appreciated, thank you

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,036

Studio defaults to the new Iray renderer, you will need to switch to the old 3Delight renderer.

• I'm still very new to DAZ studio and know nothing. So far videos have not helped much since what I view in video doesn't look like what I have in my DAZ probably due to video being an older version.  ANYWAY... I was wanting to know if after creating something in DAZ, is it possible to save the image as a 2 dimensional transparent png?  I don't want any background around a person or item.  I hope this makes sense.

• I'm still very new to DAZ studio and know nothing. So far videos have not helped much since what I view in video doesn't look like what I have in my DAZ probably due to video being an older version.  ANYWAY... I was wanting to know if after creating something in DAZ, is it possible to save the image as a 2 dimensional transparent png?  I don't want any background around a person or item.  I hope this makes sense.

If one is being pedantic, one would note that "daz" is a company. The program is "Studio" or "DS" . If you save as a png, any empty background should be transparent. If you're using iray for your render engine, Studio defaults to rendering the HDRI as a background. On the "render settings" tab, under "environment" turn off Draw Dome and Draw Ground.
  • Vick_Vega said:

Can someone tell me where to get facial expressions for genesis 1? I have the tools to shape eyes and mouth, but I can't open or close them. I don't understand what to do.

ditto!  I can't find the place to do this or expressions for the Genesis 1 . . . . like the face room in Poser.  I took a ten year brak to care for my Mother and now, it's all so confusing . . . need expressions and to know where and how to they are doing in DAZ Studio.  I can't wait to face the horrors of trying to use dynamics . . . it seems like I have to buy a different module for each endeavor.

Anyway, bcak to the problem at hand . . . expressions and facial morphing for the faces of Genesis characters.  Do K4 expressions and poses work on the genesis characters?

• How to rotate camera? 
    I mean rotate the horizon?

3a84e-clip-96kb2s.jpg
    1986 x 541 - 558K
  • Hola a todos!

Desearía saber cómo puedo guardar una pose en movimiento que requiera recorrer el espacio, como caminar, para luego aplicarla a otros personajes. Los pasos que sigo son:

1. Creo la animación con TimeLine.

2. Guadar una nueva pose.

2.1. Selecciono "Animate range" y eligo la sección de tiempo.

2.2. Properties. Aquí pruebo con dos fórmulas:

2.2.1. Solamente selecciono hip y deselecciono general (transform): en este caso cuando cuando lo guardo y aplico a otro personaje, camina en su mismo lugar, sin moverse del sitio.

2.2.2. Selecciono todo, hip y transform: cuando hago esto y lo aplico a otro personaje que tengo situado en otro lugar, primero se desplaza hacia el punto donde grabé la acción y comienza a caminar desde ahí y no desde donde yo lo coloco.

Quisiera poder situarlo en cualquier punto y rotación y que al aplicarle mi pose, empiece a caminar desde ahí en el sentido que le marco.

Muchas gracias de antemano, un saludo!

• Greetings - Is it possible to convert M4/V4 clothing to conform to G3M/G3F figures? DS v 4.9.2.7 Pro (64bit) on a Mac OS v 10.13.6. Thank you. Salut.

• Greetings - What is the Geometry Tool? Also - Is it possible to modify the mesh of figures and/or objects in DS, like one can in Carrara 3D?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 7,915

Greetings - Is it possible to convert M4/V4 clothing to conform to G3M/G3F figures? DS v 4.9.2.7 Pro (64bit) on a Mac OS v 10.13.6. Thank you. Salut.

The most direct way is to purchase clones to convert them using autofit. Here are the corresponding products:

If you don't want to spend money, you can try multiple conversion as each Genesis figure includes a clone for the previous figure. So you could autofit from M4/V4 to G1, save the converted G1 version as a figure asset, then autofit the G1 version to G2, save the G2 version, then autofit the G2 version to G3. No guarantee the clothes will still look good after all the conversions though.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 7,915

Greetings - What is the Geometry Tool? Also - Is it possible to modify the mesh of figures and/or objects in DS, like one can in Carrara 3D?

Not really. The Geometry editor tool enables you to do simple modifications, but DS is not a modeller like Carrara.

• Greetings - What is the Geometry Tool? Also - Is it possible to modify the mesh of figures and/or objects in DS, like one can in Carrara 3D?

Tools>Geometry Editor

No, DS is not a modeller so it lacks a lot of features that Carrara has.

Leana said:

Greetings - Is it possible to convert M4/V4 clothing to conform to G3M/G3F figures? DS v 4.9.2.7 Pro (64bit) on a Mac OS v 10.13.6. Thank you. Salut.

The most direct way is to purchase clones to convert them using autofit. Here are the corresponding products:

If you don't want to spend money, you can try multiple conversion as each Genesis figure includes a clone for the previous figure. So you could autofit from M4/V4 to G1, save the converted G1 version as a figure asset, then autofit the G1 version to G2, save the G2 version, then autofit the G2 version to G3. No guarantee the clothes will still look good after all the conversions though.

Thanks. This is helpful. Salut. pmj

• Leana said:

Greetings - What is the Geometry Tool? Also - Is it possible to modify the mesh of figures and/or objects in DS, like one can in Carrara 3D?

Not really. The Geometry editor tool enables you to do simple modifications, but DS is not a modeller like Carrara.

Thanks. Pity Carrara is not vigorously supported by DAZ. It is a wonderful modeller. Salut. pmj

Tools>Geometry Editor

No, DS is not a modeller so it lacks a lot of features that Carrara has.

Thanks. Salut. pmj