Things you may not know about Genesis and DAZ Studio 4

13»

Comments

• hey guys please can any one tell me Genesis 2 and Genesis3 and 4 are Separate model base or all work on Genesis 2

i really dont get the difference

i have downloaded daz with gen 2 how can i make it gen 4 female and male

please help me

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 30,747
    edited October 2018

There is Genesis   Genesis 2 M&F   Genesis 3 M&F   then  come Genesis 8 M&F.   there are no Genesis 4,5,6 or 7.

You need to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials for each.

Generation 4 is an older technolgy and is stand alone, doesn't have any connection with Genesis

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Mas, onde realmente está o produto "Cristina Genitalia" se eu jamais encontrei isso naquele item? 

• fdcfdc Posts: 15

Hey ladies and gents. Is there a way to converts Genesis 3 clothing to fit Genesis 8?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 55,041
    fdc said:

Hey ladies and gents. Is there a way to converts Genesis 3 clothing to fit Genesis 8?

Yes - the AutoFit dialogue should support this with just the Starter Essentails installed. Fit the clothing to Genesis 8, pick the Genesis 3 figure as the one it was made for, optionally pick a template, and click Accept.

• I've bought a couple of clothing items for the Genesis 3 female, downloaded and installed them. Then I loaded the Gen3 figure, put the cloths on her, posed her and tried to render. Now the clothing looks nice, but the Gen 3 figure is transparent.

Man, DAZ Studio drives me mad.

I'm using 4.10.0.123 Pro 64-bit for Mac on a Mac Pro 2,7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

• Hi guys, I bought some beards and body hair for Genesis (generic name), but I cannot find them on Genesis 2, 3, 8.

If they are ment for Genesis 1, wo is this Genesis 1? I still can't find the things I downloaded.... any idea?

• Hi!

I´m feeling idiot for asking this... but how can we blink the eyes in V6 G2. Where are the controls for that?  I already seached in my Poser and Daz3d 4.11 and can´t find it. Lots of morphs and expressions but no eye "open" or "close". Sorry for asking such a basic question.

CD

• FlexFlex Posts: 0

hi just need a little help, i need to turn off shadows on my models, in short i dont want them casting any shadows, there used to be a function in an older version of daz but i dont seem to be able to find it in 4.11, any help would be much appreciated, thank you

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 3,851

Studio defaults to the new Iray renderer, you will need to switch to the old 3Delight renderer.

• I'm still very new to DAZ studio and know nothing. So far videos have not helped much since what I view in video doesn't look like what I have in my DAZ probably due to video being an older version.  ANYWAY... I was wanting to know if after creating something in DAZ, is it possible to save the image as a 2 dimensional transparent png?  I don't want any background around a person or item.  I hope this makes sense.

• I'm still very new to DAZ studio and know nothing. So far videos have not helped much since what I view in video doesn't look like what I have in my DAZ probably due to video being an older version.  ANYWAY... I was wanting to know if after creating something in DAZ, is it possible to save the image as a 2 dimensional transparent png?  I don't want any background around a person or item.  I hope this makes sense.

If one is being pedantic, one would note that "daz" is a company. The program is "Studio" or "DS" . If you save as a png, any empty background should be transparent. If you're using iray for your render engine, Studio defaults to rendering the HDRI as a background. On the "render settings" tab, under "environment" turn off Draw Dome and Draw Ground.