GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Now I'll finally be able to transfer BF2 shapes (V6, Olympia 6, Gia, etc) to Genesis! Now I have a reason to invest in the 6th generation of figures to transfer their morphs to Genesis :)

Thanks Dimension3D! :)

Actually I think you need a shape to work from, so you could go from G1 to G2 because shapes now exist.. (and you could use the genesis clone as an alternative), but no G2F or G2M figure or clone exists for G1, so the only way would be using the G1 clone, which has different finger bends and may require rigging adjustments.

I believe Dimension 3D said this in their first post: Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can’t give details or a release date this time, but I’m planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well

So, unless Dimension3D cares to correct me, I think that means the GenX upgrade will give me the capability to transfer V6, Olympia 6, etc, to Genesis.

I said that in my previous post. If you transfer it back to genesis, the morphs would be in relation to the genesis shape, not a G2M or G2F, which you will most likely have to do rigging adjustments for. The hand positions are different asis the mesh flow, so if it goes back, you will need to do some work to get it move properly. Not an optimal solution; you'd do better just saving the trouble and use Genesis 2.

Not a problem since I use face morphs made by vendors and almost always use my own body morphs. And I'd rather learn how to do some rigging to use the morph for Genesis than use BF2/BM2. :)

To each his own I guess, just so you know you're going to have problems going the other way without the jcms to fix issues with the androgynous weightmap. And my head morphs almost never transfer correctly without rigging fixes.

Hmm, bummer, I was planning for this also as I don't really care for GF2 and have no use for GM2. Guess i will have to play with it when released to see what works best for me. I wanted to give GF2 a chance and I bought the GF2 morphs and have been trying to find a body shape that works for me and my work and so far I haven't had much luck, guess I'll see if my genesis1 custom morphs work also.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Now I'll finally be able to transfer BF2 shapes (V6, Olympia 6, Gia, etc) to Genesis! Now I have a reason to invest in the 6th generation of figures to transfer their morphs to Genesis :)

Actually I think you need a shape to work from, so you could go from G1 to G2 because shapes now exist.. (and you could use the genesis clone as an alternative), but no G2F or G2M figure or clone exists for G1, so the only way would be using the G1 clone, which has different finger bends and may require rigging adjustments.

Oh?
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-clone-for-genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Interesting, I hadn't spotted them before. I want to transfer a lot of V4 and M4 stuff to G2 as I can then use the old textures properly as they have an eye surface.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Interesting, I hadn't spotted them before. I want to transfer a lot of V4 and M4 stuff to G2 as I can then use the old textures properly as they have an eye surface.

CHEERS!

http://www.daz3d.com/eye-surface-for-genesis

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited February 2014

Kerya said:

Oh?
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-clone-for-genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis

Nope. Those are only to get clothing to fit. They aren't meant for transferring shapes as they just approximations of the general body shape and head. If you try to use them to transfer morphs, expect the results to be wrong.

If you unhide the clones, you'll see they look nothing like G2M or G2F.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

LOL! I know about that, I helped develop it! I have it, but, to my mind, G2 made it a bit redundant. I'll continue using G2 for most of my needs.

CHEERS!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Kerya said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

LOL! I know about that, I helped develop it! I have it, but, to my mind, G2 made it a bit redundant. I'll continue using G2 for most of my needs.

CHEERS!

I once used that on Genesis 2 when that first came out not realizing it is redundant on G2. I am still trying to use Genesis as well as Genesis 2.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

There was some delay at DAZ caused by the release of DS 4.6.2 this week. But, I think they will release GenX2 as quick as possible.

GenX2 will not only be able to transfer morphs from Genesis to Genesis 2, but also in the other direction, i.e. from Genesis 2 to Genesis. And it will convert morphs between the male and female versions of Genesis 2 (no real transfer needed, because they are morph compatible). Plus, the manual for GenX2 will reveal how to transfer uv-maps between Genesis 2 male and female.

GenX2 creates morphs with adjusted riggings from the clones if necessary. Of course, these computated riggings may have some flaws compared to manually created. But this includes Genesis 2 shapes for Genesis created from the clones. Finally, you will not need any additional products, only the G1 clones that come with Genesis 2.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

There was some delay at DAZ caused by the release of DS 4.6.2 this week. But, I think they will release GenX2 as quick as possible.

GenX2 will not only be able to transfer morphs from Genesis to Genesis 2, but also in the other direction, i.e. from Genesis 2 to Genesis. And it will convert morphs between the male and female versions of Genesis 2 (no real transfer needed, because they are morph compatible). Plus, the manual for GenX2 will reveal how to transfer uv-maps between Genesis 2 male and female.

GenX2 creates morphs with adjusted riggings from the clones if necessary. Of course, these computated riggings may have some flaws compared to manually created. But this includes Genesis 2 shapes for Genesis created from the clones. Finally, you will not need any additional products, only the G1 clones that come with Genesis 2.

Woohoo! Sold!

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Can you transfer character morphs directly from V4 to Genesis2 or do you need to transfer from V4 to Genesis first and then to Genesis2?

edited December 1969

It is possible to transfer morphs from Poser figures directly to Genesis 2. However, you need Genesis 1 installed, because GenX2 needs to transfer the clone shape for the Poser figure from Genesis to Genesis 2 first.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

Do you have a final price tag that you can share yet? I've had a stack of money set aside for upgrading and I'm sure DAZ would be happy if I could start spending some of it.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

It is possible to transfer morphs from Poser figures directly to Genesis 2. However, you need Genesis 1 installed, because GenX2 needs to transfer the clone shape for the Poser figure from Genesis to Genesis 2 first.

OK, sounds good! Can hardly stand the wait.....

• CMKook-24601CMKook-24601 Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

do you know what the upgrade price will be for those that have version 1? and I really look forward to this (I take it there is some asgreement that you can't post it on you personal store eh?)

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited February 2014

Thank you for clearing that up! Really good to know adjusted rigging will be automated. I expected this will come with some minor problems, same as any program. But I can live with them. You've got a buyer from me, that's for sure. I can't wait to start using BF2/BM2 Morphs on Genesis, flaws and all. Thank you for making this update. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

I got Gen4 at rendo before it became GenX and was sold here will I still be able to get the upgrade price,
    thanks

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

Cool!!

edited December 1969

Cybersox13, Xen0phage24601: I can't give the exact prices at the moment, because I don't now in detail at the moment how the upgrade will be handled. (May be a coupon instead of a separate product.) But prices are on a similar level as before for both, full version and upgrade. Genesis 2 support is sold as a separate add-on.

scorpio64dragon: There will be no upgrade price from Gen4. There was an upgrade option for more than two years now,
    and the upgrade mechanism was highly unreliable, because DAZ doesn't know who purchased Gen4 at Renderosity.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I was really hoping that last nights new products release had yours in the mix. I really want to get my Bruno and Morphs packs transferred over from Genesis 01 to Genesis 02 Male without all the hoops I had to jump through to get them over to Genesis 02 Female, which was kinda bad in some ways.

Can you tell me the process of this transfer in brief D3D?? I know the hands and I think feet are different between both generations and that caused allot of issues with some of the morphs I created so I had to created a clone to get it exact and then there were still issues. I was so hoping you were going to do something like this and now I can't wait...

Thanks

edited December 1969

Cybersox13, Xen0phage24601: I can't give the exact prices at the moment, because I don't now in detail at the moment how the upgrade will be handled. (May be a coupon instead of a separate product.) But prices are on a similar level as before for both, full version and upgrade. Genesis 2 support is sold as a separate add-on.

scorpio64dragon: There will be no upgrade price from Gen4. There was an upgrade option for more than two years now,
    and the upgrade mechanism was highly unreliable, because DAZ doesn't know who purchased Gen4 at Renderosity.

do you have a release date yet?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff: Transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 is based on the clone morphs included in Genesis 2. As far as I tested, it works very well.

Xen0phage24601: GenX2 is finished, and all I can do about the release at the moment is waiting, just like you.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff: Transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 is based on the clone morphs included in Genesis 2. As far as I tested, it works very well.

Xen0phage24601: GenX2 is finished, and all I can do about the release at the moment is waiting, just like you.

wow, that is some bull that they don't even tell you :P ah well I'll jkeep an eye out thanks for responding to our questions :P

edited December 1969

I was informed that there was some delay due to the DS 4.6.2 release and that I can expect the GenX2 release "in the next couple of days". I'm sure DAZ is doing its best to get GenX2 out as quick as possible. The release date is simply as soon as installers and product page and maybe some advertising is ready.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

I have the upgrade from the store here - kinda forgot about it, so I'll get an upgrade price from the upgrade.
    Thanks

edited December 1969

I was informed that there was some delay due to the DS 4.6.2 release and that I can expect the GenX2 release "in the next couple of days". I'm sure DAZ is doing its best to get GenX2 out as quick as possible. The release date is simply as soon as installers and product page and maybe some advertising is ready.

At least they didn't say "soon"

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

Well Stephanie 6 is here. I wish they would release your gen x for gen 2. They seem to be releasing new products each day.

edited December 1969

batesyboy said:
    Well Stephanie 6 is here. I wish they would release your gen x for gen 2. They seem to be releasing new products each day.

yeah this may sound paranoid, but it is kinda feeling like that "soon" will be after they release the rest of their figures for gen 6 basically to ensure people will buy them and not just take the converter.
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

I hope it's released before the end of day on Thursday.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I hope it's released before the end of day on Thursday.

I hope it gets released before David 6.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

batesyboy said:

yeah this may sound paranoid, but it is kinda feeling like that "soon" will be after they release the rest of their figures for gen 6 basically to ensure people will buy them and not just take the converter.

A bit silly to say when the creator of the product just said about two posts above you that the product is about to be released as soon as they get the release all set up.