Eluxir - Hypergraph for LuxRender Beta

Comments

• SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

And hey, while I'm here, I'd be interested in the next version of Luxus having support for halt on Convergance without needing the GUI - I think that would solve a lot of peoples problems with "the render that never ends" :)

edited May 2013

I don't know if I'm doing this right. No matter what I do, the luxball is coming out as

#Material: Luxball.Material

Texture "diffuse_color" "color" "constant"
    "color value" [1 1 1]

MakeNamedMaterial "material0"
    "string type" ["glossy"]
    "texture Kd" ["diffuse_color"]
    "color Ks" [0.6 0.6 0.6]
    "float uroughness" [0.8]
    "float vroughness" [0.8]

NamedMaterial "material0"

I go into the shader mixer, add a luxus surface brick, add a metal2 brick and connect it to LU, add a Fresnel Color brick and connect it to LU on the Metal 2 brick, and then add a color Image Map brick and connect it to LC on the Fresnel Color brick. Then I put an image in the image map, select the luxball material, and Apply the shader to it. I can see the shader change from DAZ Default (with luxus nodes) to my new shader, and all the new nodes show up and the old nodes go away...

but when I render it's the same dang thing :(

I've also tried Glass2 - same, Glossy. :(

Post edited by Syndaryl on
  • SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

It's working for me. Perhaps some a simple test case will shed some light on what is going on.

New Scene
    Add a Sphere to the scene
    select the sphere
    select the sphere surface in surfaces pane
    shader Mixer
    File -> New Shader -> choose Luxus - LuxRender for the type
    Drop a Bricks -> Roots - > Luxus -> Luxus Surface into the work area
    Drop a Bricks -> Functions -> Luxus -> Materials -> Matte
    connect matte output to material input
    Apply
    Render

edited December 1969

Ah, I was missing the step where it wasn't a "Material", but a Luxus - LuxRender...

Unfortunately, I can't Apply it to anything. I don't get any error messages it just... doesn't change the shader. If I had one of the Surfaces controls highlighted, it becomes un-highlighted, so clearly Studio has done something. Just, nothing productive. It doesn't even change any of the properties, so it's not resetting it to the default shader.

My log file is a little angry too:

WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.
    DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.
    DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.
    WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to DzShaderMixerChooserDialog "New Shader", which already has a layout
    Loaded image glwice_clr.jpg

edited December 1969

A really INTERESTING thing is that if I then do the traditional Luxrender - Luxus Material option from the Surfaces tab, I have Extra Settings already populated:

MakeNamedMaterial "Lm_material1"
    "color Kd" [$(LuxRender_Lm_001_Kd)]
    "float sigma" [$(LuxRender_Lm_002_sigma)]
    "string type" ["matte"]

NamedMaterial "Lm_material1"

edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:
    A really INTERESTING thing is that if I then do the traditional Luxrender - Luxus Material option from the Surfaces tab, I have Extra Settings already populated:

MakeNamedMaterial "Lm_material1"
    "color Kd" [$(LuxRender_Lm_001_Kd)]
    "float sigma" [$(LuxRender_Lm_002_sigma)]
    "string type" ["matte"]

NamedMaterial "Lm_material1"

The above means it will work, render with luxrender and it will be the color of the property that was added to your surface. It won't be the last property, but close, right above sigma.

edited December 1969

The above means it will work, render with luxrender and it will be the color of the property that was added to your surface. It won't be the last property, but close, right above sigma.

Aha! Yep, that's working.

Is it supposed to update the Surfaces panel with a new shader setup, the way normal Shader Mixer things do? Or did I totally misunderstand how it works?

• HoleHole Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

...afraid to shut down DS, only started playing with this a few days ago lol.

Looking good so far.

edited December 1969

Hole said:

...afraid to shut down DS, only started playing with this a few days ago lol.

Looking good so far.

Updated builds, they timeout end of August.

I think I need to add the ability to have a prefix added to each property, that way the properties look like
    LuxRender - color

instead of just:
    color

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Updated builds, they timeout end of August.

I think I need to add the ability to have a prefix added to each property, that way the properties look like
    LuxRender - color

instead of just:
    color

Excellent! Maybe I'll have a bit to play with it this time.. ;)

I think you're right about the LuxRender colors, too: which ones transfer over, which ones do not show up the way we expect them to (OpenGL and/or 3Delight effects). Why not just call 'em LuxDiffuse, LuxSpecular, LuxSubSurface, LuxAmbient and so on?

edited December 1969

Let the user specify specify the prefix and default to Lux?

edited December 1969

Spheric...stop working on your website, I want to buy this. ;-)

edited December 1969

Skin shader experiment.

Matte translucent with glossy coatings for skin sheen, oiliness and water drops. I don't find the droplets too believable without refraction, kinda looks like blisters... :(

I found a bug with tabulated data, it gets written out as "tubulateddata".

elxr.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,145
    edited December 1969

Very impressed with your results.

• DrPingyDrPingy Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Is the project Eluxir dead or alive?

edited December 1969

Hmm. If you judge by how much work I have done on it in the last month, then its pretty dead.

BUT, I have every intention of finishing this. I am guessing that the build timed out?

edited December 1969

Ok, on DAZ 4.6 Eluxir beta didn't work now.
    It would be good if the beta program would be continued. So we user can see that is a serious program. And it's worth to invest time.
    A node editor is excellent and is urgently needed. So see the node Editor for Luxrender in Blender.

edited December 1969

New build that does not timeout till 2014

-> Win32: http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win32/Eluxir.dll
    -> Win64: http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win64/Eluxir.dll

edited December 1969

Is there a code I can put in for this? DAZ Studio keeps asking every time I load it up!

Thanks!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

You do have Luxus, registered?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Is there a code I can put in for this? DAZ Studio keeps asking every time I load it up!

Thanks!

There is not. I click the don't show me this again, but I can understand some might not want to click that. Let me kick around a better solution, like finishing this thing :)

edited December 1969

Thanks! :-)

@ Richard. Still getting the system tweaked so I'll have to, at some point, check in to see what stuff I need to install and add in codes for. Just checked. Luxus is registered! YAY, one less thing to think about! lol

edited December 1969

Hallo SphericLabs,
    my beta-version is time-out now! It has expired 2014/01/01.

Can you provide a new version?
    Or better: Can you provide the release?

edited December 1969

DrPingy said:
    Hallo SphericLabs,
    my beta-version is time-out now! It has expired 2014/01/01.

Can you provide a new version?
    Or better: Can you provide the release?

updated links. expires Jan 2015

edited December 1969

Thank you. Now it works again.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Elixur is something to buy seperate from Luxus? will there be a bundle version?

Thanks.

:)

edited December 1969

czexana said:
    I've finally populated out most of the inputs to a Glossytranslucent and homogeneous volume shader. I've got up to 38 bricks. :ohh: :cheese:

Here's a picture of the skin setup I've been playing with - a lot of the channels in the shader are redundant for this so I'll probably produce a specific skin shader that loses about half the bricks.

this skin demo convinced me on the luxus :)

edited December 1969

is it all good with the new 4.6.2.118 build?

deciding on the first set to try render in Lux :lol: ummmm this :) https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=villa+venus

edited December 1969

:smirk: is this a dead thread? what forum am i in? lol

edited December 1969

New build that does not timeout till 2017

-> Win32: http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win32/Eluxir.dll
    -> Win64: http://sphericlabs.com/preview/win64/Eluxir.dll