"Photoshop CC" is compatible with "3D Bridge for Photoshop"?

conchiglia6conchiglia6 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello all im new ,i want know if 3D Bridge for Photoshop is compatilble for the last Photoshop CC
Thank you all

Comments

• msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

It doesn't work for me. Works fine with Photoshop CS6 (both 32 and 64 bit) but with CC 64bit (I'm not wasting time with 32bit any more) you can't launch the plugin. Inside Photoshop it gives a "Could not complete the DAZ Studio 3D Bridge command because of a program error." message. Which has happend in the past and needed DAZ to update the Photoshop side of the plugin pair. The DAZ installer also doesn't find the CC directory (though that's not a big surprise).

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Any update on this issue? I just signed up for CC today, in hopes of being able to use the Photoshop Bridge, but I get the error mentioned above.

• Ali BozisAli Bozis Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem with Photoshop CC, would be really cool with a updated plugin. Does anyone know when we can expect it?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Daz may not have access to the CC version to be able to update the bridge.

• gio3dgio3d Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

No photoshop cc? still waiting :(

• LeslieSOsborneLeslieSOsborne Posts: 54
    edited December 2013

No photoshop cc? still waiting :(

I just reinstalled the 3D Bridge for PhotoShop with no luck. I am running PhotoShop CC and Daz Studio Pro 4.6.

One thing I've noticed is that when I click on 'Help\About Installed Plugins' there is a red plugin icon showing for my version of 3D Bridge for PhotoShop. When I highlight the plugin I get the following; "Plugin failed to load": Plugin was made for a newer version of Daz Studio".

As mentioned above, I'm running Daz Studio 4.6 (Pro Version 4.6.0.18). Maybe those having issues with PhotoShop CC might check their About Installed Plugins to see if they're getting similar messages.

AFTER UPDATING my version of Daz Studio I no longer get the error.

Post edited by LeslieSOsborne on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

The Photoshop 3D Bridge does not work with Photoshop CC. Adobe changed something and we haven't figured out what it is yet.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

Does the bridge work with Photoshop Essential, too?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    Does the bridge work with Photoshop Essential, too?
    Photoshop essentials lacks the framework, at least that is my understanding, for it to work, so has never worked with Photoshop essentials.
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

That's a pity; I imagine most hobbyists work with he Essentials rather than the CS. But there's a price to pay for paying less. ;-)

• adriankreuzadriankreuz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would love to hear updates about this as they are available. :) I hope that a fix happens early next year. *Subscribed.*

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Same here... -subcribed-

• dazzycoffeedazzycoffee Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Having trouble installing 3D Bridge for Photoshop.
    I have CS5 and it is 64 bits, have set the path to c:\program files/Adobe/Photoshop CS5.1(64 Bit)..
    I get:
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    I have followed the direction is there something I'm missing.
    Can I install manually without the Install Manager?

edited January 2014

Wrong answer - deleted.

Post edited by Dumor3D on
    edited January 2014

Sorry I may have had the wrong Topic..New to forum. However in my email:

Did you uninstall Photoshop Bridge in DIM before making the path
    corrections? If not, uninstall it and then reinstall it so it can read the
    new path info you have provided.
    The answer is yes several times. Here is my screen:

newscreen.jpg
    902 x 590 - 40K
    Post edited by dazzycoffee on
    edited December 1969

OK, you need to fix your application paths. For instance the path to DAZ Studio... You have changed the path to DAZ Studio to the photoshp path instead of adding a new application where you can find photoshop in the pulldown.

Hit the plus at the bottom and you'll get a pull down for applications and for version numbers. Look at that list for what you have, like Poser, Hexagon, Carrara and add pathing to any software you have on the pull down list.

edited December 1969

That was it.It install wonderfully. Thanks
    By the way you have some cool stuff in your shop.
    Thanks again.
    Dazzycoffee

edited December 1969

Excellent! I Your screenshot made the issue totally clear. Meanwhile a number of us are still pestering Adobe to make available older versions of their softwares. They took away our ability to roll back when they went to the cloud. Seems like a simple and justified request.

And thanks for the compliment... More is in the works. :)

edited December 1969

dumorian said:
    Excellent! I Your screenshot made the issue totally clear. Meanwhile a number of us are still pestering Adobe to make available older versions of their softwares. They took away our ability to roll back when they went to the cloud. Seems like a simple and justified request.

There used to be a way, but the selection drop down as shown on this page is no longer there.
    http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html

The page itself, however, is otherwise identical.
    https://creative.adobe.com/products/photoshop

How shady of them. :shut:

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    dumorian said:

There used to be a way, but the selection drop down as shown on this page is no longer there.
    http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html

The page itself, however, is otherwise identical.
    https://creative.adobe.com/products/photoshop

How shady of them. :shut:

I took the plunge and get the CC subscription and after I paid the Drop down menu appeared so I can either download CS6 or CC... Thanks for posting the links as I would have skipped this offer... :)

Steve

edited December 1969

Oh well looks like it doesnt work with CS6 Extended Either!

Error.jpg
    346 x 134 - 35K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

I never use it, but it is working with CS6E here.

edited December 1969

I never use it, but it is working with CS6E here.

Thanks richard, I have a feeling it maybe with win 8, as I have been trying most of the day to get it working with no joy.. :(

Steve

edited February 2014

I can confirm also that it does work with PS6E (and PS5E for that matter).

A few things to check:

Be sure DS, Photoshop, and the bridge all have the same bit, either 32 or 64, no mixing and matching.

In DS, go to Help > About Installed Plugins and look for 3D Bridge in the Daz Studio Pro Plug In Bundle section.
    This will let you know if it's not installed (doesn't show up), or just not working properly (green vs red plug icon).

For Photoshop, if it shows up under File > Automate, then it's installed properly on Photoshop's side of things.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited February 2014

Vaskania said:
    I can confirm also that it does work with PS6E (and PS5E for that matter).

A few things to check:

Be sure DS, Photoshop, and the bridge all have the same bit, either 32 or 64, no mixing and matching.

In DS, go to Help > About Installed Plugins and look for 3D Bridge in the Daz Studio Pro Plug In Bundle section.
    This will let you know if it's not installed (doesn't show up), or just not working properly (green vs red plug icon).

For Photoshop, if it shows up under File > Automate, then it's installed properly on Photoshop's side of things.

Thanks for the help in trying to get this to work, here is the info on the plugin from Install Manager, Photoshop, and Daz Studio Latest version.

**EDIT** Just to add I am using Windows 8 pro 64bit.

psbridge.jpg
    624 x 890 - 189K
    IM3dBridge.jpg
    645 x 29 - 28K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
    edited February 2014

Ok, I noticed by the path that your Photoshop is 64bit. Is Daz Studio and the bridge also installed as the 64bit versions?

If they are all matching versions, everything should work fine. I haven't upgraded to Windows 8, so I couldn't offer any help on an OS level.

*edit*
    Damn those international dates. I went to cross reference the date on your plugin shown in your Photoshop folder and was like wait, May 2014?! /sigh lol

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Ok, I noticed by the path that your Photoshop is 64bit. Is Daz Studio and the bridge also installed as the 64bit versions?

If they are all matching versions, everything should work fine. I haven't upgraded to Windows 8, so I couldn't offer any help on an OS level.

*edit*
    Damn those international dates. I went to cross reference the date on your plugin shown in your Photoshop folder and was like wait, May 2014?! /sigh lol

lol Oh I wish it was May... :)

Yes I have 64bit DS 4.6, I will install the 32 bit version as Photoshop installs both 64 and 32 and see if the 32 bit version works though I suspect it being windows 8 not allowing it to communicate with each other. I have Tried disabling UAC and also tried running all as Admin but this has me beat...

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Vaskania said:

*edit*

lol Oh I wish it was May... :)

Yes I have 64bit DS 4.6, I will install the 32 bit version as Photoshop installs both 64 and 32 and see if the 32 bit version works though I suspect it being windows 8 not allowing it to communicate with each other. I have Tried disabling UAC and also tried running all as Admin but this has me beat...

Oh Well I just tried the 32 bit version too, and still give that there was a program error, Ill try on my laptop tomorrow as that is Win 7 64bit and see if I can get it to work on there.

:(

Steve.

edited December 1969

One thing I haven't asked.. how are you loading it?

The smoothest way I've gotten it to load is by first loading the bridge in DS, then loading it in Photoshop. I've seen people have some buggy behavior when launching DS from the Photoshop bridge panel.

edited December 1969

Hi Vaskania

I have tried starting in DS then loading up Photoshop and starting up 3D Bridge in PS, I have loaded up photoshop and tried launching DS from Photoshop. I really think it is windows 8 the way the files are accessed in a different way is messing it up, I have'nt done the Win 8.1 upgrade yet as I thought ill wait and see what problems others have with the 8.1 maybe if it dont work on my Laptop tomorrow I will try updating see if it has anything to offer in making it work.. lol

Steve.