"Photoshop CC" is compatible with "3D Bridge for Photoshop"?

13»

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 2014

I'm using Photoshop CS6 and don't know if my setup differs with the CC version. I can tell you on my system, Windows 8, the following:

1. DS and Photoshop must be the same "bit". My Windows system is 64bit and both DS and Photoshop are 64bit. You should be using the Bridge installer released with the specific DS version you're using. I've noticed the version for both end in the same numbers (see 4 below). If you're using DIM to install, that shouldn't be an issue.

2. DIM installs these files in your Photoshop program folder

/Plug-ins/DAZ 3D/PsDzBridge.8li
    /Plug-ins/DAZ 3D/PsDzUpdateScene.8BA

3. DIM installs these files in your DAZ program folder.

/docs/Plugins/3DBridge.dsx
    /plugins/dz3dbridge.dll
    /resources/layouts/3D Bridge.dse
    /resources/layouts/3D Bridge.dsx
    /resources/layouts/3D Bridge.png
    /scripts/init3DBridge.dse

4. If Photoshop loads the bridge files properly, within Photoshop go to Help>About Plug-In>DAZ Studio 3D Bridge

The bridge version I have installed reports version 1.4.0.12 (DS version is 4.7.0.12)

I posted a picture of my Photoshop Automate menu with the DAZ Studio 3D Bridge menu option. If you are still having problems, maybe somebody else who has the bridge working with Photoshop CC will chime in. Last resort, file a problem ticket with DAZ Technical support.

edit: IIRC, DS Version 4.7 is the first version with a working 3D bridge with Photoshop CC. If you're on DS 4.6+, the 3D Bridge does not work with Photoshop CC.

ScreenShot001.jpg
    488 x 664 - 43K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • ShortcutsShortcuts Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

These instructions worked fine for me. Finally got DAZ Studio and Photoshop working together.:-)

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

It's been a while since the last post on this thread, and there are new versions of DAZ Studio out there (I'm currently using 4.8 Pro.  I am considering getting Photoshop cc - has anyone had any trouble with Studio 4.8, Photoshop cc and the DAZ Studio 3D Bridge? Or, better yet, any success?

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

I'm using it without any problems on OS X. I'm using Studio 4.8.0.56 and the latest CC 2016 on MacOS 10.11. 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Esemwy said:

I'm using it without any problems on OS X. I'm using Studio 4.8.0.56 and the latest CC 2016 on MacOS 10.11. 

Thanks!  Perhaps I should have specified Windows 10 or even 8.1.