DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Does the toolbar problem occur with all layouts or just the custom ones? Also, what is this about the Smart Content missing all files? These are things I want to know before I decide whether to upgrade or not. If those issues are occurring with the current new release, it would not be wise for me to upgrade until they are fixed.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,198
    edited December 1969

Eamon said:
    I am actually scared of updating as I am afraid I will loose al my files as per Sederded above there.

It's not the files that were lost, it's the Smart Content that was missing - most likely because the Content Management System wasn't running.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Eamon said:
    I am actually scared of updating as I am afraid I will loose al my files as per Sederded above there.
    Most likely that is a corrupt database, and it would have happened with or without updating for him.
    edited December 1969

Does the toolbar problem occur with all layouts or just the custom ones? Also, what is this about the Smart Content missing all files? These are things I want to know before I decide whether to upgrade or not. If those issues are occurring with the current new release, it would not be wise for me to upgrade until they are fixed.

It seems to be the toolbar named Tools - I suspect that's got some special code associated with it, as (I believe) does the Tools menu, and that's taking exception to something.

edited December 1969

Yes, if I delete the whole Tools toolbar (Window>Workspace>Customise>Toolbars tab) it gets restored on next launch.

edited February 2014

It happened to me once, though it didn't go all over the screen, it was only in the customize toolbar list. I flipped to City Limits, rebuilt my custom workspace and it hasn't happened again.

It only happened once on one test computer so I didn't give it a second thought. Can someone please file a bug on this if you have it? (Now I need to figure out how to replicate it so it can get fixed.)

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    You can be logged into the forum without being logged in the store account ... it happens.
    Are you trying this
    http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_13176

Yes, otherwise it wouldn't take me to my account page.

I was using the link in the e-mail:
    https://www.daz3d.com/get_studio

and the manual install link on that page:
    https://www.daz3d.com/get_studio#

which were the ones not working. Thanks for supply a link.

..Joe

edited December 1969

It happened to me once, though it didn't go all over the screen, it was only in the customize toolbar list. I flipped to City Limits, rebuilt my custom workspace and it hasn't happened again.

It only happened once on one test computer so I didn't give it a second thought. Can someone please file a bug on this if you have it? (Now I need to figure out how to replicate it so it can get fixed.)

Nevermind. I figured out how to replicate, though I haven't figured out how to get it to show up on the screen after it duplicates, that is less important from a fix it standpoint.

edited December 1969

Nevermind. I figured out how to replicate, though I haven't figured out how to get it to show up on the screen after it duplicates, that is less important from a fix it standpoint.

Then I suppose this is redundant https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/161852

Just displaying the toolbar, or viewing it in the Customise dialogue, or opening the toolbars.dsx file should show the issue.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I have not customized anything in DAZ Studio, including my toolbars. I have been using the Hollywood BLVD layout since forever. ;), but have plans to switch to City Limits in the near future, even though it will mean learning to navigate within the application all over again. I do not expect to have too much trouble with that though.

As for upgrading, I have decided to wait and see what transpires here in this thread for a few days or more.

Thank you Richard and others for your responses to my questions.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Yep, the same occurred to me once with the previous Stable and beta releases. The fix was the same, delete the Custom workspace and rebuilt it.

I just installed this new stable release without any problem with CMS or my Custom workspace. It is running fine. Good job team. Thanks a lot.

edited December 1969

Then I suppose this is redundant https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/161852

Just displaying the toolbar, or viewing it in the Customise dialogue, or opening the toolbars.dsx file should show the issue.

Got a better workaround for while we fix it. See below. :)

edited December 1969

For the toolbar issue, here is a simple work around.

By default Tools is off. Your tools are in the other sets. "Create," "Viewport Tools," "Creator Tools," "Input Output". So under Activities Advanced Toolbars disable "Tools" See Screen Shot. While it will duplicate in your "Customize DAZ Studio" list it will not be all over your viewport and you won't notice it. (Yes we are working on the fix, and are sorry for the inconvenience.)

Toolbars.jpg
    682 x 779 - 92K
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited February 2014

Say, wasn't there an "Open Recent" option under File in the beta? What happened to that?

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I've managed to save a version of my Workspace with the tools toolbar visible but with no buttons on it (I hand deleted them). When I load it, the tools are re-added but since the workspace toolbar is blank it resets it back to one copy. So every time I start DS I see two copies but if I re-load my default workspace it resets back to one.

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Plug-in failed to load!
    Filename:
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzpropertyeditor.dll
    Plug-in:
    dzpropertyeditor
    Author:
    Unknown
    Version:
    Reason:
    Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

Unknown

edited December 1969

Say, wasn't there an "Open Recent" option under File in the beta? What happened to that?
    Use the Script to rebuild your menus from your base content directory under scripts:Utilities and it will be there.
    edited December 1969

kurthurt said:
    Plug-in failed to load!
    Filename:
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzpropertyeditor.dll
    Plug-in:
    dzpropertyeditor
    Author:
    Unknown
    Version:
    Reason:
    Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

Unknown

You can safely delete that DLL it has been replaced.
    edited December 1969

msorrels said:
    I've managed to save a version of my Workspace with the tools toolbar visible but with no buttons on it (I hand deleted them). When I load it, the tools are re-added but since the workspace toolbar is blank it resets it back to one copy. So every time I start DS I see two copies but if I re-load my default workspace it resets back to one.
    Tools is a list of all the tools and is not really needed if the tools you need are on the other tool bars. (In the default layouts they are.)
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

As far as I noticed for me it happens with all of layouts. Basicaly, when I apply new / fresh layout and go to window - Workplace - Customize, in Tool Bars menu, under tools, Active pose tool is listed twice, all other tools once. Than if I exit DS and start it again, I get double listing in tool bars-tools and every time I restart DS again, I get +1 listing.

If I reapply some DS default layout, it returns to 1 tool list with active pose listed twice. Somewhat of an exception to this is my custom layout (saved in older version of DS) which applys / reapplys with more than one list of tools (I didnt save it in this latest version of DS).

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I am afraid, if I need to re-build to show "open recent files" in file menu from one of default layouts.
    when I change layout to city-limits, it show me "open recent files"
    but when I try to customize and add the action I can not find in my original layouts.

edited December 1969

As far as I noticed for me it happens with all of layouts. Basicaly, when I apply new / fresh layout and go to window - Workplace - Customize, in Tool Bars menu, under tools, Active pose tool is listed twice, all other tools once. Than if I exit DS and start it again, I get double listing in tool bars-tools and every time I restart DS again, I get +1 listing.

If I reapply some DS default layout, it returns to 1 tool list with active pose listed twice. Somewhat of an exception to this is my custom layout (saved in older version of DS) which applys / reapplys with more than one list of tools (I didnt save it in this latest version of DS).
    Right. WE are on it. There is no reason to have that tool bar on as all the tools are in the other tool bars. You will only see it if you open Customize and look for it under those circumstances, it will not impact your workflow.

• JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379
    edited December 1969

I did a DAZ software update this evening, and now my most recent purchases are no longer showing up as smart content in the wardrobe section. Specifically, the Galaxy for Genesis 2, Jade Assassin, and other items from order # 101448948 are no longer showing up as smart content. I can find them if I know where to look, but their smart content just disappeared when I updated my software this evening. This problem is also apparently affecting the purchase I made this evening of the new Sci Fi Heavy Weapons.

I might also add, that I can find these products in the alphabetical listing, but nothing shows up when I click on them under the alphabetical listing. For example, When I click on Galaxy for Genesis 2 - nothing appears in that file in the content library, which I do when I click on say for Geek for Genesis 2 Females.

Basically, from what I can tell, everything that I have downloaded and installed since February 5th has disappeared from my Smart Content tonight after I updated Daz. I worked with it this morning and everything was there, so very confused at this point.

I might also add, that I started getting the following error message when the software runs.

Jason

PS the problem persists in both the 64 and 32 bit versions.

PPS I also have a support ticket in on this one.

dazimage_(1).jpg
    640 x 480 - 99K
  • msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Tools is a list of all the tools and is not really needed if the tools you need are on the other tool bars. (In the default layouts they are.)

They aren't on any of my other toolbars and they are the single mess of tools I use pretty much 90% of the time. I suspose I could make a new toolbar with all the same tools on it and a different name. But I can't help but think having that hidden tools menu growing everytime I start DS would sooner or later cause it to crash or freak out even more. My re-set method is lame but it works and it stops it from growing without end.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I had something happen last night that I haven't had a problem with in a long time. The endless running of tdlmake after using LIE...I caught it before it filled up the temp folder with a bazillion copies of the same file. I haven't tried it yet, today, so I'm not sure if it is a recurring problem, just that image or what...

• SederdedSederded Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Not sure if CMS is running - how do I turn it off/on?

Everything was re-installed (in a 4 hour marathon) via Daz Installer after I was having issues after another upgrade a few years ago. I changed nothing; altered no settings... simply upgraded to 4.6.2.117 and lost all the SC tab view. Since the content DOES exist in the path where it's looking (regardless of the 'file does not exist' message)... I have to believe there's a relatively simple fix. I don't have another 4+ hours to let DIM reinstall everything... how do I note if CMS is on/off?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or does Reality 2.5 no longer work? The plug-in is listed as there and registered and ... I see this in log file:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse
    DEBUG: 1: Toolkit included
    DEBUG: 2: Reality Toolkit v.2.0
    WARNING: Unhandled error while executing DAZ Script.
    WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

• SederdedSederded Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Yeah - CMS is on... has been on. Uninterrupted. Turned it on again just now to be sure it was on... it's on: still no content. All the names are there; but no images, just "!"

Am I the only one having this issue? This is a pretty major torpedo in my workflow today... is there no way to re-link it to the proper files? They're all there. Properly organized. Installed by DAZ IM... there "cant" be anything wrong with how they were installed. They worked perfectly this morning.

How can I get that content back? For what it's worth - if anyone else is thinking about upgrading I'd be wary until this is addressed/fixed. Pretty serious glitch...

edited December 1969

Sederded said:
    Not sure if CMS is running - how do I turn it off/on?

Everything was re-installed (in a 4 hour marathon) via Daz Installer after I was having issues after another upgrade a few years ago. I changed nothing; altered no settings... simply upgraded to 4.6.2.117 and lost all the SC tab view. Since the content DOES exist in the path where it's looking (regardless of the 'file does not exist' message)... I have to believe there's a relatively simple fix. I don't have another 4+ hours to let DIM reinstall everything... how do I note if CMS is on/off?

In your (Windows)"Start" Menu under DAZ3D is Start and Stop "Content Management Service" On the Mac: start and stop utilities are in Library:Content Management Service:Utilities

Note that if your Database is corrupt, which what you describe is a symptom of a corrupt database, then installing and uninstalling content is not the solution.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane is where you should start.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Is it just me or does Reality 2.5 no longer work? The plug-in is listed as there and registered and ... I see this in log file:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse
    DEBUG: 1: Toolkit included
    DEBUG: 2: Reality Toolkit v.2.0
    WARNING: Unhandled error while executing DAZ Script.
    WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

Daz breaking stuff with new releases that never happens... Thanks for the heads up and saving me headaches...