UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

First full render with this amazing product. Just over 1 hour, 57 minutes and 93% convergance for a 1920x1080 image.

Tim

first-render-base.png
    1920 x 1080 - 5M
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    Timotheus said:

First full render with this amazing product. Just over 1 hour, 57 minutes and 93% convergance for a 1920x1080 image.

Tim

Awesome render, Timtheus!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

WalkintheWoodsTM.jpg
    1000 x 785 - 1M
  • Very, very sad that there's no 3DL, but the results look gorgeous!  I will simply have to burn with envy for the lucky iray people :-)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited March 2020

Thank you so much for this product! It's really easy to use, and the PDF that comes with it helps finding your way through the settings.

Here's my first attempt, using Skies of Iradiance and Tane the old Deer.

Testrender-Woods-2-Beauty.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422
    BeeMKay said:

Thank you so much for this product! It's really easy to use, and the PDF that comes with it helps finding your way through the settings.

This image is AMAZING!  Better than National Geographic!

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584

Loving all the amazing renders being posted here :)

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited March 2020

Instant buy. BUT all files are under lost and found. Installed via dim. 

Anmerkung 2020-03-14 093641.jpg
    619 x 918 - 108K
    Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,128

Yes, I submitted a help request about that already.
    barbult said:

Yes, I submitted a help request about that already.

Thank you!! Just started first render laugh to show here... 

edited March 2020

Double Post blush

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    BeeMKay said:

This image is AMAZING!  Better than National Geographic!

Thanks! The image has no postwork done (outside of resizing), so it speaks for the product's awesomeness.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Meta Data, needed for products to show up in Smart Content, is added by Daz and doesn't always follow the logical organization the PA gives the product. I've gotten into the habit of right-clicking on an icon in Smart Content and selecting the Show Product in Content Library > Mapped Folder. Because of that, I've gotten quite comfortable using the Content Library, something I recommend. (Some older products only show up in the Content Library.)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,128

What is the purpose of the "USC Camera View" file? Metadata says it is a camera, but if I load it, it doesn't load a camera into the scene. It puts white wedge shape into the scene.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

So the Ultra Trees can be used as an addon to Ultra Landscape? Do I need UltraScatter for the UltraLandscape and/or Ultratrees to work?

barbult said:

What is the purpose of the "USC Camera View" file? Metadata says it is a camera, but if I load it, it doesn't load a camera into the scene. It puts white wedge shape into the scene.

It's a temporary prop that is parented to the current camera so that the script can determine what is and isn't in view. The user doesn't need to worry about it and it is buried in the resources folder for that reason.

So the Ultra Trees can be used as an addon to Ultra Landscape? Do I need UltraScatter for the UltraLandscape and/or Ultratrees to work?

UltraTrees is not an add-on for UltraScenery - but you can use UltraTrees within a landscape if you like, nothing stopping you. UltraScatter is not needed for either of those products.

edited March 2020
    L'Adair said:

Meta Data, needed for products to show up in Smart Content, is added by Daz and doesn't always follow the logical organization the PA gives the product. I've gotten into the habit of right-clicking on an icon in Smart Content and selecting the Show Product in Content Library > Mapped Folder. Because of that, I've gotten quite comfortable using the Content Library, something I recommend. (Some older products only show up in the Content Library.)

What happens if you look in the Content Library instead of Smart Content?

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,008

Very, very sad that there's no 3DL, but the results look gorgeous!  I will simply have to burn with envy for the lucky iray people :-)

Same here, I'd get it in a heartbeat if it had 3DL materials but I'll have to settle with looking at the gorgeous images Iray users can produce.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

My first test render. Scene generated in about ten minutes on a 4 Core 4ghz I7 with 32GB of memory. Lighting is bog-standard sun sky with a camera to point the sun. Rendered on a 1080 with 8GB of memory in about an hour.

This product is amazing.  It’s very easy to use with a simple, very intuitive interface which gently guides you through the process of setting up and generating the scene. Worth every penny of its full asking price, never mind the generous introductory discount. 

I look forward to seeing more terrain and vegetation options.  How about some oaks?

Cheers,

Alex.

Pond Woodland 2 Test.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 1M

My first test render. Scene generated in about ten minutes on a 4 Core 4ghz I7 with 32GB of memory. Lighting is bog-standard sun sky with a camera to point the sun. Rendered on a 1080 with 8GB of memory in about an hour.

This product is amazing.  It’s very easy to use with a simple, very intuitive interface which gently guides you through the process of setting up and generating the scene. Worth every penny of its full asking price, never mind the generous introductory discount. 

I look forward to seeing more terrain and vegetation options.  How about some oaks?

Cheers,

Alex.

Did somebody say "oaks"?

A render using some oaks and reeds from an 'in development' add-on pack.

preview 8.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Howie - that looks terrific. Delighted for you that this is doing well for you - it certainly deserves to.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Cheers,

Alex.

Did somebody say "oaks"?

Excellent news!  I've just had another idea, how about a river with a small waterfall at the top end?  Or some rapids?

Cheers,

Alex.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

If we are doing requests, I think a "clearing" environment would be useful, with trees mostly to the edges and a more open space in the middle.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Cheers,

Alex.

Did somebody say "oaks"?

Take my money now!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Cheers,

Alex.

Did somebody say "oaks"?

Excellent news!  I've just had another idea, how about a river with a small waterfall at the top end?  Or some rapids?

Cheers,

Alex.

That should be doable in Fluidos as well I think.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited March 2020

@Timotheus

Great render. If I may ask, what GPU do you have?

@alexhcowley

Great render as well. Thanks for the info about your rig.

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,129
    PhilW said:

If we are doing requests, I think a "clearing" environment would be useful, with trees mostly to the edges and a more open space in the middle.

That would make it extremely convenient as an exterior for buildings. I'd even go as far as suggesting a morph for the ground with a "mostly flat" center, and a car-wide path going from that flat area in only one direction (with maybe a narrow path leaving in the opposite direction as a "backyard trail into the forest".

• oh, if Howie takes requests, please a couple cherry blossom trees :) I know there's already what, oaks and willows, maples, elms, pine? 

but nothing is so gorgeous as walking through a grove of sakura trees in bloom :) We always go to the views near us and its heavenly!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

Wow, some lovely images here! They would sell me UltraScenery if I had not already bought it!
    I had a quick peek last night, but it was well after midnight here so I had to leave it without running a render to completion. So that's my task for this afternoon.

Can I +1 the idea of a clearing, with or without paths (preferably with and without!)

This discussion has been closed.