UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• This is broken for me.

When I try to run the script, the only thing that happens is I get a spinning circle that Daz never recovers from. No UI comes up. Daz is completely locked. The last line in the log file just says it is loading ultrascenecreator.dse

• Have you installed it through Connect? If so, a lot of scripts don't work with a Connect install, so you could try DIM.

• SlickSHWartSlickSHWart Posts: 14
    edited March 2020

This is broken for me.

When I try to run the script, the only thing that happens is I get a spinning circle that Daz never recovers from. No UI comes up. Daz is completely locked. The last line in the log file just says it is loading ultrascenecreator.dse

OK, I hacked it into working. Using ProcMon I was able to figure out that the script was looking for another script using an incorrect path. It was failing when trying to open "E:\environments\landscapes\ultrascenery\resources\scriptcomponents\hf_app.ultrascenery.constants.dse". 

So that's weird, I do have an E: drive, and I do have a runtime on that drive, but that's not the runtime where I instlled the script, and even if it were looking for the runtime I have on my E: drive, that's still the wrong path.

I got it to work by manually copying the script from it's instaled location to the location where the script was looking for it.

Post edited by SlickSHWart on
  • goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited March 2020

This is my first test, using an Orestes HDRI Sky for light and sky filler. I absolutely love the whole scene, and the clouds and the light make for some very interesting lighting inside the treeline.  MAN, I'm gonna burn a lot of cycles playing with this beauty!  Can't wait to start throwing animals and butterflies, birds, (Eagles!), Dinos, horses, etc in there.  WOOHOO!! 

RE: UltraScenery - Realistic Landscape System

_DS_Peaceful_Bend_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

During MM, I usually wishlist products I want and wait for the final catchup, so I don't run out of money before the end of the sale. I then pick and choose between the wishlisted products, getting as many of them as I can afford. But there are the rare few products that I want bad enough they go straight into the cart and through the checkout shortly after they are released. UltraScenery is one of the latter.

I would have carted it sooner, but lack of a proper price wouldn't let me add it when the sales page first changed over. I was happy to get it at such a discount, but I'd have bought it on Day One regardless of when it was released. Thank you so much for making this available to us all.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950
    Gogger said:

This is my first test, using an Orestes HDRI Sky for light and sky filler. I absolutely love the whole scene, and the clouds and the light make for some very interesting lighting inside the treeline.  MAN, I'm gonna burn a lot of cycles playing with this beauty!  Can't wait to start throwing animals and butterflies, birds, (Eagles!), Dinos, horses, etc in there.  WOOHOO!! 

Wow - that's beautiful! I would have pulled the trigger all ready, but I'm waiting to see if there are any late-in-the-day Daz sales :)

• evacyn said:
    Gogger said:

Wow - that's beautiful! I would have pulled the trigger all ready, but I'm waiting to see if there are any late-in-the-day Daz sales :)

Thanks!   Whether you pay FULL price, or get a great bargain, you won't be sorry either way!  

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    Uthgard said:

Have you installed it through Connect? If so, a lot of scripts don't work with a Connect install, so you could try DIM.

It also works fine with manual install, if you're feeling adventurous. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

My (almost) first attempts. The second one I added a heightmap to get the stepped terrain.

This product is an absolute winner!

terrain 2 s.jpg
    1000 x 433 - 233K
    terrain 3 s.jpg
    1000 x 357 - 139K
  • Nath said:

My (almost) first attempts. The second one I added a heightmap to get the stepped terrain.

Wow - nice work on that stepped terrain!  The autumn scene is beautiful too.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878

I'm also working on an addon for it, with willows and palm trees and lakes and lagoons (no pictures yet)

Give me another reason to buy it why dont you

Gogger said:
    Nath said:

Wow - nice work on that stepped terrain!  The autumn scene is beautiful too.

Thanks!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Some wonderful looking renders already - looking forward to trying it myself this evening (of course I have already bought it!).

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    Gogger said:

Wow, that is gorgeous, Gogger!

Nath said:

And so are those, Nath.

I have it in my cart ready to go - how are you finding render times compared to (say) one of Howie's existing landscape products?

MelanieL said:
    Gogger said:

Nath said:

And so are those, Nath.

I have it in my cart ready to go - how are you finding render times compared to (say) one of Howie's existing landscape products?

Thanks!

Render times about similar, I'd say - but be prepared for the generating the scene to take a lot of time (for me 10 - 15 minutes), but once the scene is there it is pretty smooth to move the camera around in.

• MelanieL said:
    Gogger said:

Nath said:

And so are those, Nath.

Thanks!  I've been looking at these all day long as my desktop backgrounds at work and am coming up with TONS of ideas to try out.

IMHO, everything is a bit better than the older products, but as always, A LOT depends on your hardware and the scene settings, but I think it behaves better than previous scenes.  I'm about to put that to the test by adding animals, people and other stuff. A night scene, perhaps with Aurora, will be a good test too.  Fireflies? Oh yeah!!!!  Be advised though, that after you run the script and make all the ecosystem choices it can take what seems like QUITE A WHILE to compile everything.  I'm NOT complaining because it is doing mystical and magical things and the results are worth five times the wait!   I can't wait to get my hands on a Pine tree ecosystem add on!  

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Thanks you both for the info - my hardware is old and tired (like me!) but it manages most of Howie's previous scenes without too much trouble. I look forward to trying it over the weekend.

• MelanieL said:

Thanks you both for the info - my hardware is old and tired (like me!) but it manages most of Howie's previous scenes without too much trouble. I look forward to trying it over the weekend.

Be sure to share your results and experiences here!  Threads like this are THE BEST way to learn from others!

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

I hardly ever buy anything first day, and I NEVER buy at less than 50% off, but for this I made an exception.  It looks so gorgeous, and infinately useful!  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I love anything "Ultra"! These renders look great.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I hardly ever buy anything first day, and I NEVER buy at less than 50% off, but for this I made an exception.  It looks so gorgeous, and infinately useful!  

With the extremely cheap bonus madness item in the cart, (or with any other new or still new item, but I think that's the cheapest) it gets a 55% discount. (Like all other new releases during the sale, so it's not a daily special or anything.) It was an insta buy for me.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

I've had a couple of crashes when trying to use Iray Preview - so I'm finding it best to render a smallish test image rather than rely on that. The generation process does take some time, meaning that making changes may be limited, but given that pretty much anything will look great, this isn't too much of an issue. Render times are good!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I bought it right away buy haven't tried it so far. The renders people have posted are certainly encouraging. I strongly suspect that this will become part of every outdoor render I make.

Congrats to Howie and also to the folks that have posted renders. yes

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    I rarely ever buy stuff on release day but I couldn't resist this. Also, I own mesh grabber which is a key item today so it helped with the decision.

I'm currently stuck with other projects but I look forward to rendering this as soon as I can. It's really gorgeous. Also, thx for including an autumn texture set.

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

I"ll be spending a lot of time playing with this one.  Add-on modules will probably also be instabuys.

For what its worth it renders faster than I imagined on my 3 ear old iMac - just cpu rendering as Apple dropped Nvidia a long time ago.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

WOW to all the images so far!! Vue what? ;)

Laurie

• AllenArt said:

WOW to all the images so far!! Vue what? ;)

Laurie

RE: VUE

IKR!

• DpiximajDpiximaj Posts: 23

Wow!  Best poor man's VUE for sure!!!  I gave up on Vue after they dumped old users that didn't upgrade... For single image this looks friggin amazing!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    PhilW said:

I've had a couple of crashes when trying to use Iray Preview - so I'm finding it best to render a smallish test image rather than rely on that. The generation process does take some time, meaning that making changes may be limited, but given that pretty much anything will look great, this isn't too much of an issue. Render times are good!

Same for me. Iray preview consistently crashes.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited March 2020

This set is amazing - thanks a lot for creating it.

Lake03pic03.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 373K
    Post edited by Artini on
This discussion has been closed.