UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 288

Awesome ...

• I'm also working on an addon for it, with willows and palm trees and lakes and lagoons (no pictures yet)

Can't wait to see what you're cooking up!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,524

I'm also working on an addon for it, with willows and palm trees and lakes and lagoons (no pictures yet)

Wow! It is getting only better.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited February 2020

Just amazing. I used to run Carrara SOLELY for HowieFarkes scenes.  I've bought all your DAZ Studio stuff and now this.. THIS is where it has all been heading!  YAYYYYY! 

"Alexa, set an alert to notify me by email, txt, and phone call whenever HowieFarkes releases ANYTHING. Purchase it the moment it hits the store, install it and let me know when it is ready."

Ten minutes later - "Alexa, any updates on HowieFarkes releases?"

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Gogger said:

Just amazing. I used to run Carrara SOLELY for HowieFarkes scenes.  I've bought all your DAZ Studio stuff and now this.. THIS is where it has all been heading!  YAYYYYY! 

"Alexa, set an alert to notify me by email, txt, and phone call whenever HowieFarkes releases ANYTHING. Purchase it the moment it hits the store, install it and let me know when it is ready."

Ten minutes later - "Alexa, any updates on HowieFarkes releases?"

Aww, thank you :)

• I have tried many ways to get 'Flowscape' to work with DS, but the limitation of not being able to export the FS landscape and get it into DS is largely insuperable. And as the FS rendering is not as good as in DS, it's a problem. This would appear to do away with the need for FS entirely. Could be superb. Looks like it will be. Hope it lives up to its promise.

Regards,

Richard

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,309

These landscapes do look stunning. And as I‘m rendering on a Mac also, I could really really do with a set that is not so heavy in polys. So sounds great to me, do release soon if you can!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Something like "Flowscape in DS" would indeed be awesome - and this looks like it could have the core of that. I'm a big fan of both Howie and TangoAlpha's work so really looking forward to this.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited March 2020

@Howie - Looking at your promo pictures, I wanted to say that even though most people probably never even notice, I VERY MUCH appreciate that your water edges do not appear to be a gel with a hard-lined edge - there is a line of 'wetness' that exceeds the actual edge of the water, just like in real life. I can't tell you how much time I have spent on past renders tediously painting in that 'wetness' at the water's edge in Photoshop. BRAVO!  Thank you so much for this seemingly small detail!  I'll be buying this the minute I see it in the store!

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    Gogger said:

@Howie - Looking at your promo pictures, I wanted to say that even though most people probably never even notice, I VERY MUCH appreciate that your water edges do not appear to be a gel with a hard-lined edge - there is a line of 'wetness' that exceeds the actual edge of the water, just like in real life. I can't tell you how much time I have spent on past renders tediously painting in that 'wetness' at the water's edge in Photoshop. BRAVO!  Thank you so much for this seemingly small detail!  I'll be buying this the minute I see it in the store!

Haha, thanks for noticing :)

I spent a lot of time in the Shader Mixer to get that happening the way I wanted (and is also one of the reasons this is Iray only as it was going to be far more difficult - if not impossible - to do with 3Delight shaders)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309
    Gogger said:

I spent a lot of time in the Shader Mixer to get that happening the way I wanted (and is also one of the reasons this is Iray only as it was going to be far more difficult - if not impossible - to do with 3Delight shaders)

I couldn't agree with Gogger more!  Razor sharp  water's edges is one of my pet hates as well. 

This is one of the two must-have items on my shopping list. (The other, incidentally, is Herschel Hoffmayer's forthcoming wyvern.)

Cheers,

Alex.

• mavantemavante Posts: 734

This is filling a giant hole (and I don't mean just the physical dimensions) in the Daz universe. I needed this so badly in the last animation project I did (on a Mac, natch). You have another anxious customer lined up clutching cash (okay, virtual cash) in hand! Just exquisite work.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    Gogger said:

I was always impressed by the extreme attention to such details ever since your first Carrara sets. I have learned a lot from analysing what you do in your scenes!

PhilW said:
    Gogger said:

I was always impressed by the extreme attention to such details ever since your first Carrara sets. I have learned a lot from analysing what you do in your scenes!

Thanks Phil :)

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    edited March 2020

I was noticing the same thing in this image, as others have noted... In the shallow areas along the bank, the water flows over the small pebbles and around the water grass.  Very authentic looking, and this product will make a nice addition to our Daz libraries.

Post edited by robertswww on
  • WOOHOO!!!  CHA-CHING!

It takes a little while to generate the landscape, but I don't mind one bit.  My first render is cooking right now - so far looks AMAZING!  Don't forget to add your own HDRI sky though!

I'm so excited to work with this. Just stunning!

Gogger said:

WOOHOO!!!  CHA-CHING!

It takes a little while to generate the landscape, but I don't mind one bit.  My first render is cooking right now - so far looks AMAZING!  Don't forget to add your own HDRI sky though!

Yay thank you. Note there is a render setting preset included that will render the scenes as they look in the promos using the Iray sun/sky settings.

• Gogger said:

WOOHOO!!!  CHA-CHING!

Yay thank you. Note there is a render setting preset included that will render the scenes as they look in the promos using the Iray sun/sky settings.

Even better. Thanks for this - it is so cool!  Can't wait for the Pine trees add-on!

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

This was one a the few instants buys I do these days ;)

Very cool product.

For future updates I would wish for

• custom feature maps (e.g. to make a clearing in some mystical deep woods or a crossroads)
    • different terran sizes (size 2x, 4x and 8x)

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Amazing and thanks Howie : just in time for the Week End !

Will watch the Add-ons  :-)

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

About to install it and start playing.

Not just in time for the weekend, but also just in time for the two-week shutdown of the Netherlands wink

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

Another browser-scorchingly fast entry into the shopping basket.  I'm really looking forward to having a play around with it over the weekend. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018

Will this work on Studio 4.10?

mcorr said:

Yes indeed - it should work on versions back to 4.8

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018
    mcorr said:

Yes indeed - it should work on versions back to 4.8

Awesomitis!!

• DripDrip Posts: 1,125

Congratulations on this awesome product! Even though I have more need for alien landscapes rather than earth landscapes, I think I can make good use of this as a blueprint (I will have to manually replace all the vegitation, but the general composition will already be a tremendous asset).

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

Instabuy and now I'm down to 9 cents store credit!

• smee440smee440 Posts: 2

Always loved your products Howie, bought this one straightaway.

Built a few scenes and they look amazing, have hit an error though when trying to build the Autumn scene:

The following files could not be found:
    Runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/Terrain/USC_Autumnleaves_01_2048_diffuse.png

There is a USC_Autumnleaves_01_1024_diffuse.png in the terrain directory but not a 2048 one.

smee440 said:

Always loved your products Howie, bought this one straightaway.

Built a few scenes and they look amazing, have hit an error though when trying to build the Autumn scene:

The following files could not be found:
    Runtime/Textures/HowieFarkes/UltraScenery/Terrain/USC_Autumnleaves_01_2048_diffuse.png

There is a USC_Autumnleaves_01_1024_diffuse.png in the terrain directory but not a 2048 one.

Gah, there's always one that gets through. Thanks for the find and I'll work on a fix ASAP.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Nice product

My first test

ScreenShot001.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 305K
This discussion has been closed.