GenX2 and Genesis 2 AddOn released! [Commercial]

Comments

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Well, you know, software developers are always a bit over-optimistic in regard to release dates ;). I'm almost finished, mainly testing and adjusting figure definitions. So, GenX2 is very close to release. Definitely next month, maybe first or second week.

As a little teaser, here's a quick render of Genesis 2 Female with Hitomi morph transferred from Genesis 1.

HitomiG2F.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 193K
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited January 2014

And here I always thought software developers were under-optimistic.......:-)

Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Good to hear it's almost done :)

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that's good news,

After all, zombies don't have Colgate smiles!

CHEERS!

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I was just getting ready to buy GenX, but I think I'll wait til GenX2 is released. Looking forward to it.

At the risk of seeming numb (I have no experience at all with any of the GenX products), let's say you have a dial-spun custom V4-based character that you want to transfer in her entirety to Gen2. How is that accomplished? Is it a matter of saving the V4 character as a "Shape Preset" in DAZ, and then transferring that shape to Gen2 via GenX2, with a discrete/new Gen2 character coming out "on the other side"? I'm just trying to assess how complicated it will be to transfer custom dial-spun characters to the Gen2 platform. Seems like a wonderful prospect, though.

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    edited December 1969

The dial-spun ones are by far the easiest... Assuming you have the aproppriate "iconic shape". You basically have it copy the settings from your character, save the Gen-X version, open a genesis, set it to the v4 shape and apply your custom Gen-X version. Add textures and pose and render.

edited December 1969

Right, there are even three ways to get the dial values into GenX. You can use a pose in Poser format, a Properties Preset in DSON format (saving a shaping preset won't include body morphs for legacy figures like V4), or you can get the values directly from the figure, if it is loaded in the current scene.

edited December 1969

Ah, thank you, guys. I think the Properties Preset is what I'd need to use, as I'd definitely want to include all the body morphs. I'm assuming that facial morphs/properties are included as well? I can't wait til release!

edited December 1969

Sorry to be a pest, but I was just wondering if there is any more word on a prospective release of GenX2. And I will NOT need to buy GenX first, correct? GenX2 is "free-standing"? Contemplating getting the GND4 morph, but don;t want to develop it until I ca convert it to Gen2F.

Thank you!

edited February 2014

I don't know anything about the release date, but, I do know that it's not 'stand-alone', it can only work inside DS and not for Poser. Also, I'm not sure how well the textures for GND4 will work in DS, you would need to tweak the shaders as they will only be DS defaults in DS.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rogerbee. I'm a DAZ user, but when I say "stand-alone", I mean to ask whether GenX is a requirement for GenX2, or is GenX2 a discrete product (separate from GenX). As to the GND4 textures/shaders, I never use anything out of the box anyway. Can't recall the last time I was happy with a shader or texture as it loaded.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    I don't know anything about the release date, but, I do know that it's not 'stand-alone', it can only work inside DS and not for Poser.

By free standing, I believe the poster meant that you didn't have to buy GenX to get GenX 2, which, as far as I known, you won't. Also, unless I missed something, I believe any morphs transferred by GenX 2 should be able to be applied to a figure in DS and then transferred to Poser via DSON, where the SSS shaders could be used if that's desired.
    edited December 1969

Ah, yeah, makes sense now, DOH!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

masi3vee said:
    Sorry to be a pest, but I was just wondering if there is any more word on a prospective release of GenX2. And I will NOT need to buy GenX first, correct? GenX2 is "free-standing"? Contemplating getting the GND4 morph, but don;t want to develop it until I ca convert it to Gen2F.

Thank you!

GenX2 will be released as a full product and as an upgrade for owners of GenX version 1. So, you can wait a few days and buy GenX2 directly.

edited December 1969

Nice, an upgrade, I'm up for a bit of that!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Thank you for your reply!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

masi3vee said:

Thank you!

GenX2 will be released as a full product and as an upgrade for owners of GenX version 1. So, you can wait a few days and buy GenX2 directly.

awesome news, the lack of G2M morphs limits the use of the figure

edited December 1969

The good thing with there being an upgrade is that you'll still only need one Gen X tab open which cuts down on layout clutter. I now know I won't need to change my layout at all when I get the upgrade.

CHEERS!

• AristocAristoc Posts: 254
    edited December 1969

this new product will transfer everything from 4 to 2? so you will then be able to use your genesis 2 clothing over that? Thank you .

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Any news on when the update will be available yet?

edited December 1969

GenX2 is finished and it will be released SOON! Really ... %-P

edited December 1969

Yay!

So much antici........................................................................................................pation!

CHEERS!

• rbel_295e7c1d4crbel_295e7c1d4c Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

...Soon...oh dear, I was actually looking forward to starting to use G2 in the next few weeks but now, with the advent of 'soon' I will begin looking at some new hobbies to fill the 'soon' time scale. Building a new workshop may help to fill some of the time.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited February 2014

Awesome! Now I'll finally be able to transfer BF2 shapes (V6, Olympia 6, Gia, etc) to Genesis! Now I have a reason to invest in the 6th generation of figures to transfer their morphs to Genesis :)

Thanks Dimension3D! :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Awesome! Now I'll finally be able to transfer BF2 shapes (V6, Olympia 6, Gia, etc) to Genesis! Now I have a reason to invest in the 6th generation of figures to transfer their morphs to Genesis :)

Actually I think you need a shape to work from, so you could go from G1 to G2 because shapes now exist.. (and you could use the genesis clone as an alternative), but no G2F or G2M figure or clone exists for G1, so the only way would be using the G1 clone, which has different finger bends and may require rigging adjustments.

edited December 1969

Actually I think you need a shape to work from, so you could go from G1 to G2 because shapes now exist.. (and you could use the genesis clone as an alternative), but no G2F or G2M figure or clone exists for G1, so the only way would be using the G1 clone, which has different finger bends and may require rigging adjustments.

I believe Dimension 3D said this in their first post: Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can’t give details or a release date this time, but I’m planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well

So, unless Dimension3D cares to correct me, I think that means the GenX upgrade will give me the capability to transfer V6, Olympia 6, etc, to Genesis.

edited February 2014

I believe Dimension 3D said this in their first post: Genesis 2 includes a clone morph for Genesis 1, so it is possible to extend GenX for Genesis.

I can’t give details or a release date this time, but I’m planning to add morph transfer from Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 and vice versa as well

So, unless Dimension3D cares to correct me, I think that means the GenX upgrade will give me the capability to transfer V6, Olympia 6, etc, to Genesis.

I said that in my previous post. If you transfer it back to genesis, the morphs would be in relation to the genesis shape, not a G2M or G2F, which you will most likely have to do rigging adjustments for. The hand positions are different asis the mesh flow, so if it goes back, you will need to do some work to get it move properly. Not an optimal solution; you'd do better just saving the trouble and use Genesis 2.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...good news. will have to go on the wishlist for now though. Tried to keep some money put aside but given circumstances wasn't able to anymore.

edited December 1969

I said that in my previous post. If you transfer it back to genesis, the morphs would be in relation to the genesis shape, not a G2M or G2F, which you will most likely have to do rigging adjustments for. The hand positions are different asis the mesh flow, so if it goes back, you will need to do some work to get it move properly. Not an optimal solution; you'd do better just saving the trouble and use Genesis 2.

Not a problem since I use face morphs made by vendors and almost always use my own body morphs. And I'd rather learn how to do some rigging to use the morph for Genesis than use BF2/BM2. :)

edited February 2014

Not a problem since I use face morphs made by vendors and almost always use my own body morphs. And I'd rather learn how to do some rigging to use the morph for Genesis than use BF2/BM2. :)

To each his own I guess, just so you know you're going to have problems going the other way without the jcms to fix issues with the androgynous weightmap. And my head morphs almost never transfer correctly without rigging fixes.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on