Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

You are welcome TheSavage64 (curious name) OK, well if you look here http://www.bryce5.com/index.php in the material exchange you there are some materials by me. Also you should have similar materials from me in your materials presets selection that came with Bryce 7.1 Pro - about five hundred or so... you can use any of those with my blessing and I won't be too upset if you don't give me credit. Also, as I've been at pains to point out, http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/ we keep building upon every week with a eye to making it the centre of all known things about Bryce.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

You are welcome TheSavage64 (curious name)
    I think when I originally signed up at Daz, the name 'Savage' was already taken. I find that adding 'the' at the start usually solves that, but as I also added 64 (my year of birth), I can only presume that 'thesavage' was also already taken.
    I can't remember if the old forum used the Daz sign in name or if we had separate forum names, but I'm the guy who built the Big Ben model out of building and DIY products. :)

OK, well if you look here http://www.bryce5.com/index.php in the material exchange you there are some materials by me. Also you should have similar materials from me in your materials presets selection that came with Bryce 7.1 Pro - about five hundred or so... you can use any of those with my blessing and I won't be too upset if you don't give me credit.

Yes, those are the ones I tried unsuccessfully to use. Now armed with some tips about editing them in the mat editor, I'll revisit it just for my own fun (the illustration was completed and published a few months ago so too late for that now).
    As rest assured that even if I can't give you credit for specific uses of your content, I do give you praise where ever possible for the work you do and the stuff you make available.

Also, as I've been at pains to point out, http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/ we keep building upon every week with a eye to making it the centre of all known things about Bryce.
    And once again thank you for your hard effort, it is much appreciated. :)

[goes off to play with fire for the rest of the evening]

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Chohole; You got a good render there... much better than I managed. :)

My flames are simply rocks from the rock generator, modified a bit on varios x y z coordinates and a volumetric fire mat added. I am not sure if the one I used is still avalilable. I dii modify the mat slightly as well.
    edited December 1969

I had a very quick play with fire and smoke last night. This is the result

I still had to cheat with the smoke though as when I placed it in the correct place in the 3D environment, where the base shapes overlapped, it affected the volumetric material and you could see a definite line. I did try grouping the components and making them all positives but couldn't find a way around it. In the end I had to place the smoke infront of and behind the fire instead of directly over it and non of the plumes of smoke could overlap each other or the fire.

BinOnFire.jpg
    573 x 700 - 129K
    edited December 1969

To illustrate what I just said above, I put the smoke back directly over the fire and did a quick render along with a screen grab of the wire frame.

Example.jpg
    800 x 444 - 137K
    edited December 1969

I just know that David will pull in and explain this better, but I have found that when using volumetric textures they do tend to do strange things when the objects with the textures overlap each other.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh and wow I have just got to boast. A Bryce image selected in the Plat club render challenge and on this weeks PC newsletter.

I am just so chuffed.

:woot: well done, Pam, congratulations :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Fun. A different slant on the the old fav when trying out water reflections.

I used to amuse my friends by writing their names in terrains. That's fun as well.

Thank you very much. :)

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Cool reflection.

Cheers, Frank, just trying to figure the beastie out ;)

edited December 1969

I had a very quick play with fire and smoke last night. This is the result

I still had to cheat with the smoke though as when I placed it in the correct place in the 3D environment, where the base shapes overlapped, it affected the volumetric material and you could see a definite line. I did try grouping the components and making them all positives but couldn't find a way around it. In the end I had to place the smoke infront of and behind the fire instead of directly over it and non of the plumes of smoke could overlap each other or the fire.

looks pretty cool from where i'm sitting :)

edited December 1969

BTW The Savage, I think you should post your Big Ben Image here as well. It is left behind in the old forum, and it is such a cool concept, and I am sure new Bryce users like Ian would love to see it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    BTW The Savage, I think you should post your Big Ben Image here as well. It is left behind in the old forum, and it is such a cool concept, and I am sure new Bryce users like Ian would love to see it.

sure would love to see it :)

edited December 1969

Oh go on then, you've twisted my arm :)

This is a link to the very big version: Big Ben Illustration where you can see some of the detail.

And below is the visual presented to the client with the illustration in place roughly as it appeared on the advert.
    All the products (except the yellow 5ltr container) were drawn completely in Bryce with labels mapped on using the mat lab.

Big-Benefit.jpg
    450 x 637 - 73K
    edited July 2012

So today I've been playing with my metaballs (stop making your own jokes up!).

It all started with the jets underneath the little flying saucer and the rest was just playing.
    Then at the end, i added the tripod thingy that I made last year for the render I've also included below.

TriPod-Probe2.jpg
    650 x 488 - 37K
    Metaballs.jpg
    600 x 600 - 168K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited July 2012

Hi, TheSavage64

Very nice the first scene i love it.It's a very rare sci-fi scene which gives the impression that :
    1.the giant tripod alien ship or war machine is summoning hundreds of spy bots or scouts and preparing for war.
    or
    2.the war machine summoned just one spy bot which started to self clonning(replicate) to create a bigger war machine. (aka Replicants from Stargate)
    or
    3.The giant tripod alien war machine is devoured very fast by hundreds of small bots. (again damn replicants lol)
    or
    4.Since there is an Enterprise ship on the scene , the scene might refer to the New Borgs assimilation :-) "The Assimilation"

5 stars.
    Simple and Powerful , also very sugsestive . ;-)

Post edited by cris333 on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

I hate the way active threads get buried around here! I haven't been to this thread in a while. it is nice to see it still going and the renders are incredible!!!!!!!!!! I love those reflections Savage64! I am always impressed with the British Products tower! I just LOVE Bryce. The work Savage has done with the smoke is quite effective and frightening. Nice work!

edited December 1969

Oh go on then, you've twisted my arm :)

This is a link to the very big version: Big Ben Illustration where you can see some of the detail.

And below is the visual presented to the client with the illustration in place roughly as it appeared on the advert.
    All the products (except the yellow 5ltr container) were drawn completely in Bryce with labels mapped on using the mat lab.

Thanks for posting, that is seriously awesome :)

edited December 1969

So today I've been playing with my metaballs (stop making your own jokes up!).

It all started with the jets underneath the little flying saucer and the rest was just playing.
    Then at the end, i added the tripod thingy that I made last year for the render I've also included below.

Ah, you can't beat a good tripod war machine, love both renders :)

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited July 2012

"Meta-Morphosis Nightmare"
    What is this ? Is this a parallel universe ? No. Is this Bermuda Triangle or Atlantis ? No. Is this the Underworld or The Mysterious Island of Jules Verne ? Nope. This is the worst Nightmare of a simple coal miner who kept dreaming and hoping to find some gold in a coal mine.I guess his subconscious "rewarded" him with a golden metamorphosed dragon from a coal mountain in his dreams right when he had the best sleep in over a week of hard working.
    The image is posted on sharecg too.If any Admin likes this image and want to add to the Bryce official gallery feel free to do it :)
    Also comments pro or cons are welcomed to help improve my skills ;-)

MetamorphosisNightmare.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 749K
    Post edited by cris333 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited July 2012

Still from the latest animation done entirely in Bryce (about a minute-and-a-half long).

Jay

Link to animation -->> http://youtu.be/dcEyEgfS6F0

dark-side.jpg
    545 x 463 - 34K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Still from the latest animation done entirely in Bryce (about a minute-and-a-half long).

Jay

Link to animation -->> http://youtu.be/dcEyEgfS6F0

EEK! that scared the crap out of me ;)

edited December 1969

cris333 said:
    "Meta-Morphosis Nightmare"
    What is this ? Is this a parallel universe ? No. Is this Bermuda Triangle or Atlantis ? No. Is this the Underworld or The Mysterious Island of Jules Verne ? Nope. This is the worst Nightmare of a simple coal miner who kept dreaming and hoping to find some gold in a coal mine.I guess his subconscious "rewarded" him with a golden metamorphosed dragon from a coal mountain in his dreams right when he had the best sleep in over a week of hard working.
    The image is posted on sharecg too.If any Admin likes this image and want to add to the Bryce official gallery feel free to do it :)
    Also comments pro or cons are welcomed to help improve my skills ;-)

Very cool, love the render.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

@IanThingz

Many thanks for the 'scary' comment...heheeee ;)

I must say that looking at the other submitted images, this Brycer has a long way to go in the creaton of superb images that have stretched the imagination; which is what this whole Bryce process is all about - creativity.

Congrats, then, and thanks, to all you renderer's of Bryce images, who continue to contribute and amaze -. you certaintly are eye-opener's as to what can be achieved.

Jay

• edited December 1969

Here's the first draft of the re-rendering…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhVho0ddcvI

edited December 1969

Do you want me to move it into the Bryce render thread ?

• edited July 2012

Yes please.
    Couldn't find the thread.
    You can delete this entire post if you want.
    Wasn't trying to spam or anything…
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/#

Post edited by pangeart_f8f192f627 on
    edited December 1969

OK I will move it for you. You can find the thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658/

It's on the last page of the forum.

edited December 1969

Here are a few more I've done over the last few days.

The first one is a variation of the Moon pics I posted in the thread about lighting 2D objects. As I'd basically set up the scene anyway, I added some trees and re-rendered it with a slightly better composition.

The second one was a kind of follow on from the first inasmuch as I was playing with the Bryce tree lab, this knotty old looking tree was the coolest thing I managed to make, so I put it in a landscape and the rest just kind of 'worked'. I was really pleased with the way the sky came out, I think it's one of the best skies I've ever made.

Desert-Tree.jpg
    900 x 640 - 230K
    Bird-in-Moon3.jpg
    400 x 640 - 109K
    edited December 1969

Today, I 'ave mostly been thinking 'bout crop circles;

Daz-CC.jpg
    640 x 640 - 316K
    Crop-Circle-Formati.jpg
    640 x 640 - 268K
    edited December 1969

Here are a few more I've done over the last few days.

The first one is a variation of the Moon pics I posted in the thread about lighting 2D objects. As I'd basically set up the scene anyway, I added some trees and re-rendered it with a slightly better composition.

The second one was a kind of follow on from the first inasmuch as I was playing with the Bryce tree lab, this knotty old looking tree was the coolest thing I managed to make, so I put it in a landscape and the rest just kind of 'worked'. I was really pleased with the way the sky came out, I think it's one of the best skies I've ever made.

Wow, both of these are awesome, love the light in the second one tho :)

This discussion has been closed.