UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

This looks awesome but. . .  Will it run on an 8GB Nvidia 1080 with a V7HD on the loose?

Cheers,

Alex.

Sorry I can't help you out with an answer here. I develop on Mac so everything is CPU render for me anyway.

Still, it would be good to get an idea of whether this is polygon-heavy and/or texture-image-heavy. Does it use 4k image maps, for example? And if so, how many?

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Great job! I would have commented earlier but I spent way too much time just staring.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    This looks amazing. I wish it had an autumn texture preset, or comes with an autumn texture expansion in the future. Would love to see an autumn outdoor set with this level of details.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Asari, how would you feel about an Autumn texture?

Sigurd said:

Asari, how would you feel about an Autumn texture?

Shut up and take my money, that's how I would feel if this set included an autumn texture set ;)
  • HaddixxHaddixx Posts: 88

That looks absolutely amazing.  Would love to be able to expand the size in the future to make some grand vistas.

• marble said:

This looks awesome but. . .  Will it run on an 8GB Nvidia 1080 with a V7HD on the loose?

Cheers,

Alex.

Sorry I can't help you out with an answer here. I develop on Mac so everything is CPU render for me anyway.

Still, it would be good to get an idea of whether this is polygon-heavy and/or texture-image-heavy. Does it use 4k image maps, for example? And if so, how many?

The scenes average a bit over 100k instances but this can be lowered by restricting instances to only those in view of the camera (this is an option of the script). The largest image maps are 2k but most are 1024x1024 or smaller with smart usage of layering and tiling.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Looking forward to its release!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

This looks really interesting!  Always love your products. 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790

Howie, your environment scene always give me a nice belly tickle. Love your scene. Looking foreward to this one.

• Asari said:
    This looks amazing. I wish it had an autumn texture preset, or comes with an autumn texture expansion in the future. Would love to see an autumn outdoor set with this level of details.

It does have autumn now :)

preview 5.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited January 2020
    Asari said:

Dear God.....

Can't wait!!! 

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited to show off my (hopefully) next product - UltraScenery. Think of it like UltraTrees but for entire landscapes. Use procedural noise and/or heightmaps to generate the terrain, select features such as rivers, ponds, roads and tracks then choose an "Ecology" to cover the terrain in vegetaion and rocks etc.

A sample of generated landscapes are below :)

These look great, any chance of a rocky terraine?

• nicstt said:

Hi all,

I'm pretty excited to show off my (hopefully) next product - UltraScenery. Think of it like UltraTrees but for entire landscapes. Use procedural noise and/or heightmaps to generate the terrain, select features such as rivers, ponds, roads and tracks then choose an "Ecology" to cover the terrain in vegetaion and rocks etc.

A sample of generated landscapes are below :)

These look great, any chance of a rocky terraine?

That is certainly a plan for the future - but right now I'm concentrating on getting this current version polished and ready for the store.

• Had a go using one of the streams with the autumn trees.

preview 6.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

My money! Take it! TAKE IT!!!! laugh

Laurie

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

This is looking lovely - store credit purchased and waiting....

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    marble said:

Cheers,

Alex.

The scenes average a bit over 100k instances but this can be lowered by restricting instances to only those in view of the camera (this is an option of the script). The largest image maps are 2k but most are 1024x1024 or smaller with smart usage of layering and tiling.

Thanks, that's very encouraging.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

salivating waiting for the release date!

Asari said:

*gasps*

Will buy once released. I feel a good autumn outdoor scene is still missing in my library with lots and lots if nice exteriors of all kind. Also this would look very good either HDRIs with warm toned autumn or winter light. I rarely buy stuff on Day 1 but this is totally worth it.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,609

Will it be able to generate scenes with evergreens? How are we looking for resource heaviness when it comes to rendering with a couple G8 figures?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Looks amazing, but from my experiences with harpwood trail I doubt it will be usable for me once I add figures, clothing, hair, etc to a scene.

• Will it be able to generate scenes with evergreens? How are we looking for resource heaviness when it comes to rendering with a couple G8 figures?

Evergreens (and by evergreens I mean spruce, fir, pine and the like) will be a future add-on. Not sure about resource heaviness as it varies so much machine to machine. For me a scene with no figures is taking about 2.5Gb RAM when rendering. Also, once you have set-up and framed your scene you can regenerate it and have the script only place instances that are within the camera's view to lessen resource usage.

• Quick test with a G8 figure (note: my skills are NOT directed towards using figures lol). This was a 20min iray CPU only render, as I'm on Mac, and Studio never went above 3.3Gb RAM usage.

figure.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497
    edited February 2020

Quick test with a G8 figure (note: my skills are NOT directed towards using figures lol). This was a 20min iray CPU only render, as I'm on Mac, and Studio never went above 3.3Gb RAM usage.

This looks really cool and like it will be fun to play around with to create different picturesque scenes. Writing in as another waiting for this to be released :

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Quick test with a G8 figure (note: my skills are NOT directed towards using figures lol). This was a 20min iray CPU only render, as I'm on Mac, and Studio never went above 3.3Gb RAM usage.

Hot damn, that looks awesome!!!

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

Will it be able to generate scenes with evergreens? How are we looking for resource heaviness when it comes to rendering with a couple G8 figures?

Evergreens (and by evergreens I mean spruce, fir, pine and the like) will be a future add-on. Not sure about resource heaviness as it varies so much machine to machine. For me a scene with no figures is taking about 2.5Gb RAM when rendering. Also, once you have set-up and framed your scene you can regenerate it and have the script only place instances that are within the camera's view to lessen resource usage.

That's a very useful feature.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm also working on an addon for it, with willows and palm trees and lakes and lagoons (no pictures yet)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131

Aaargh! Howie and TangoAlpha add-ons. This is all going to cost me!!!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited February 2020
    MelanieL said:

Aaargh! Howie and TangoAlpha add-ons. This is all going to cost me!!!

Yes, it will, but it will be worth every penny.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
This discussion has been closed.