The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Here is a short animation I did.

Leave comments, good or bad.

I like it but in the couple of places where sound FX and speech overlap the sound effects need to be muted or cut or replaced with may a short dramatic (comedic or whatever music sets the mood you want) musical loop.

• Here is a short animation I did.

I like it but in the couple of places where sound FX and speech overlap the sound effects need to be muted or cut or replaced with may a short dramatic (comedic or whatever music sets the mood you want) musical loop.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind if I should make something else.

edited January 2020

Here is a short animation I did.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind if I should make something else.

I meant the volume lowered for the sound FX when they speak, not actually muted sorry.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

quick test with 3delight and complex 3d scene; only 10 mins render time/frame, poor flickering

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Rendered in Iray in three layers and put together in VEGAS Pro 16.

• Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
    edited January 2020

Hey group, how is everyone?

Ok, I'm working on the "demo" that will be used for the tutorials, documenting my process on the way.  It has been taking a little longer than expected, due to other commitments, but here's a really rough draft.  Basically it is going to be a little commercial for my company

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6264xr36kz04eig/draft_demo.mp4?dl=0

Basically a 3d animatic, to block out cameras in Daz Studio (using mCasual's camseq script, which is great), more or less finished facial animation (I had to laugh, because at points, looking down, I'm crosseyed, due to the limits of bones exported from studio, need to fix that) and there's a lot of finger animation still to do. (I built a finger rig in mobu, which will also be documented and I'll be giving out a resource file with those constraints and instructions)

One portion, where I pickup the phone, transfer hands then bring it back down and place on the table, was also brought in via fbx, using a constraint in Motionbuilder called a "multireferential constraint", which took me a little bit to figure out the process (studio's fbx import is really interesting at times).  I also plan on adding dforce for the shirt (well, maybe)

Close to the end, the live video will be matchmoved to the phone screen, here just matched for audio (yes, that is me)

Let me know what you think, and I'm attaching an iray frame render, so you can see what the actual character looks like (tried to make it look like me, sort of, well, maybe a skinnier version of me.. haha)

iray_snapshot.png
    1280 x 720 - 586K
    Post edited by Bryan Steagall on
  • Great Bryan ! I look forward to it, even if i've made good progress on my project thanks to your advice ;-)
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

An update to the last video. A new layer rendered and added in Vegas Pro 16.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

Hey group, how is everyone?

Ok, I'm working on the "demo" that will be used for the tutorials, documenting my process on the way.  It has been taking a little longer than expected, due to other commitments, but here's a really rough draft.  Basically it is going to be a little commercial for my company

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6264xr36kz04eig/draft_demo.mp4?dl=0

Basically a 3d animatic, to block out cameras in Daz Studio (using mCasual's camseq script, which is great), more or less finished facial animation (I had to laugh, because at points, looking down, I'm crosseyed, due to the limits of bones exported from studio, need to fix that) and there's a lot of finger animation still to do. (I built a finger rig in mobu, which will also be documented and I'll be giving out a resource file with those constraints and instructions)

One portion, where I pickup the phone, transfer hands then bring it back down and place on the table, was also brought in via fbx, using a constraint in Motionbuilder called a "multireferential constraint", which took me a little bit to figure out the process (studio's fbx import is really interesting at times).  I also plan on adding dforce for the shirt (well, maybe)

Close to the end, the live video will be matchmoved to the phone screen, here just matched for audio (yes, that is me)

Let me know what you think, and I'm attaching an iray frame render, so you can see what the actual character looks like (tried to make it look like me, sort of, well, maybe a skinnier version of me.. haha)

very entertaining.  it would have been perfect if you would have added some movements into the hands and fingers as you talked so it didn't look like Mannequin hands, other wises  great demo. I wish you the best of luck with your business :)

• @Z, thank you very much! that is the whole purpose of this, to help others with their projects.

@Ivy, that is the intention, I will be adding animation for hands here pretty soon, together with other animation.  I built a hand rig for easy finger animation in motionbuilder.  This is a very rough draft

I see like a example of the stuff you do? 

• Hello everyone how are you? After several busy weeks, I finally tried Dxyz. First of all a big thank you to Bryan who helped me to understand the philosophy of the software. In fact there is nothing complicated, even if at the beginning everything can seem tedious, but in the end the result is there! In short Dxyz is really very powerful and the support not looking when to extend the trial version. I think I will take a license very soon. In the video, I only used 15 ROMs at the start and the result is really good. I will later put other videos with a configuration of 54 ROMs.
  • Second try. Not so bad but lips are not moving correctly, probably due to the limited number of ROM used (here 15 expressions).
  • Good job Z!  Glad I was able to help.

And yes, with realistic characters, the more expressions you use, the better it will be.  15 and 52 are just the most common number.  I've done some where I've needed around 60-65  to really capture the range of expressions of that particular person, and I've seen profiles (especially for realtime) where they've used 80 or so.

I'm still working on the tutorials, I haven't had much of a chance to get back to them (it is funny how you want to start something, because you are relatively free, then you start and get hammered with projects)  **sigh**

edited March 2020

I wanted to point out a recent discovery using older Generation 4 & poser compatiable characters with the new daz timeline and the IK-chain. Some of you may already know this anyway.

I work a lot with poser for the fun of it and their ik/fk-chains in poser are prretty decent.  so I was rather surprised when i loaded a victoria 4  in the new daz timeline to find that all the poser Ik-chains are already in place for the hip, arms and legs.. and they work in the daz timeline perfectly . So if you use ik-chains a lot . going back to older generations may save you some set up time.

I know its not a big wow moment. its just something I discovered today and wanted to share with the group in case someone didn't t know it already, I notice the ik-chains are in place for pretty much for any poser character or creature loaded into the daz studio 4.12 version . and the ik-chains can be moved rather easily if they are not placed right for your needs & as a added bonus older generations seems to be much lighter on gpu resources for rendering once converted to iray.    I just thought it was cool  find.

Capture.JPG
    1299 x 920 - 91K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • cain-xcain-x Posts: 158
    edited March 2020

Here's a couple of animations made in DAZ using non-standard MMD (miku miku dance) model characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9UPT0JSIm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBglNXLTK0

Everything above was animated using mostly puppeteer with scripts controlling the pedals and steering. I just wish you could label pose dots on Puppeteer...

Post edited by cain-x on
    ffzero58 said:

Here's a couple of animations made in DAZ using non-standard MMD (miku miku dance) model characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9UPT0JSIm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdBglNXLTK0

Everything above was animated using mostly puppeteer with scripts controlling the pedals and steering. I just wish you could label pose dots on Puppeteer...

that was very entertaining. nice work on the animation as well. :)

Ivy said:

I wanted to point out a recent discovery using older Generation 4 & poser compatiable characters with the new daz timeline and the IK-chain. Some of you may already know this anyway.

I work a lot with poser for the fun of it and their ik/fk-chains in poser are prretty decent.  so I was rather surprised when i loaded a victoria 4  in the new daz timeline to find that all the poser Ik-chains are already in place for the hip, arms and legs.. and they work in the daz timeline perfectly . So if you use ik-chains a lot . going back to older generations may save you some set up time.

I know its not a big wow moment. its just something I discovered today and wanted to share with the group in case someone didn't t know it already, I notice the ik-chains are in place for pretty much for any poser character or creature loaded into the daz studio 4.12 version . and the ik-chains can be moved rather easily if they are not placed right for your needs & as a added bonus older generations seems to be much lighter on gpu resources for rendering once converted to iray.    I just thought it was cool  find.

DAZ Dog 8 has IK chains as well as the Old Eastern Dragon, many old 3DU products, and I'm sure others I don't remeber as well.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 158
    Ivy said:
    ffzero58 said:

that was very entertaining. nice work on the animation as well. :)

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

edited March 2020
    Ivy said:

DAZ Dog 8 has IK chains as well as the Old Eastern Dragon, many old 3DU products, and I'm sure others I don't remeber as well.

I knew Daz Dog8 & Daz Horse had ik-chains and after you mentioned  the others, I went checked and so does the orignal Daz Dog & Mill dragon. I just thought it was cool  those old generations had ik-chains built into them and never knew it .blush.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited March 2020

well they always had them in Poser AFAIK wink

...and I sort of recall some also appearing as extra bones in Carrara too, it annoyed me blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

I always knew poser figures had ik-chains or were set up for them since poser 6 .   but i never new that they also carried over to daz until now. maybe because i never seen them before the new daz timeline.  kind of embrassed to admit it but i though its cool that those carried over

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 65

My latest animation using Daz Studio and Hitfilm Express.

• CoXComics said:

Gave it a thumbs up and subscribed. Would like to see more. Some thoughts... Move the ships slower to give the feeling of space in space. Rotate the planet slightly in opposite direction. Take the time to get there and enjoy that journey. This was a very good short clip.

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 65
    CoXComics said:

Gave it a thumbs up and subscribed. Would like to see more. Some thoughts... Move the ships slower to give the feeling of space in space. Rotate the planet slightly in opposite direction. Take the time to get there and enjoy that journey. This was a very good short clip.

Thanks for both and the notes. The project started as testing ways of speeding up animation. I thought about slowing some of the shots down, but I didn't want it to seem ponderous either. I have a vague story line in mind and I'm working on lighting sets for the next sequence.

• DrGonzo62DrGonzo62 Posts: 221

Greetings!
    Does anyone here know if it's possible to bake an animation to the timeline in DAZ? Like you would in Motion Builder?
    I need to save my animation as pose preset so that I no longer need the IK Chains, because I have to render in 4.11.xxx

Thanks!

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762
    Save as an aniblok or pose preset with animation.
    wolf359 said:
    Save as an aniblok or pose preset with animation.

Thanks!
    I've already tried pose preset with anim, but that didn't work when I nuked the IK chains.
    Right now I'm trying to export as FBX and then re-import and apply the pose to my character.
    Aniblock is a last resort.

OK, so unsurprisingly none of it worked.
    Were most animation packages allow you to bake down complex animations to a simple timeline, DS isn't having any of it. In other words - I was not able to omit all of the IK chains in my scene and still retain the same animation afterwards. Even if the goal wasn't to render below 4.12.xxx, it would still have been standard to be able to simplify an animation by baking it down and losing the constrains etc.

Back to DS - MB - DS it is for me. Darn..

I got this to work by manually setting key's on each frame (node recursive). The animation remained the same even without the IK.
    Is there a script available that goes through the timeline frame by frame and sets key's for a given node?

Thanks!