Crash on load old scenes

juanjoharojuanjoharo Posts: 92
edited January 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a big issue with a lot of old scenes created in previous versions of DS. DS crash on opening that scenes.
Yesterday i spent all day opening the only one scene that does not crash (WICH CONTAINS EXACTLY THE SAME OBJECTS) that the one wich crash. Them deleting all the stuff but some models, and saving this as subscene. Then opening this scenes alones and chacking they don't crash and they don't... After doing that with all the models, i load them into one scene and load a house fresh new. Worked a lot on the scene, saved and today DS crash on open it. You may say "so open the scene that works, and save it" Nop, if a do that, the svaed scene crashes cause I feel new DS versions is the one one who has a problem with handling these scenes or models on it.

I think there is a combination of models that crash the DS but i can't figure wich. I upload the report if some one can add some light to this.

Post edited by juanjoharo on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I've had a couple of old subsets fail to open and iirc studio crashed. Other subsets created both before and since opened fine. It was probably with studio 4.9, and it wouldn't open in any version I had - so thinking corrupted file.

• That looks like the issue with some legacy (Poser format) figures with pre-defined IK chains. If so the issue is fixed in the current Public Build https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

• I'm getting a similar thing although I have the latest version of Daz. Majority of scene subsets not opening, scenes taking forever to open or freezing and crashing. Months of work gone down the drain and current work I need to get out to paying customers is impossible. Does anyone know a fix?

• I'm getting a similar thing although I have the latest version of Daz. Majority of scene subsets not opening, scenes taking forever to open or freezing and crashing. Months of work gone down the drain and current work I need to get out to paying customers is impossible. Does anyone know a fix?

Are you getting any error messages? Have you checked the log file?

• Just checked the error log file, there seems to be a repeating message about expressions not found, I did install an expression pack for G8F recently so I'm going to try uninstall that and see if there's any difference.

• That's almost certainly harmless - a lot of shapes have correction morphs to work correctly with expressions, so when DS loads those (and it reads them in even if theya re not set, in order to show the sldiers and to know how they connect to other things) it will log a note about not being able to find the linked expression property and move on.

• Uninstalled that particular expression pack and everything is back to normal, cheers!