Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Yes, I've been running it on Chromium Edge for a while now (through the insider program) works great.

That being said, I have found that the "Only show wishlist items" feature is not working in Firefox Mobile (android).  Is that a known limitation?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

So the Firefox version works, not the Google Chrome?
    Sorry, coffee still not kicked in yet.

• Thank you for this - it looks highly useful. I just installed it ... and a banner ad disappeared (from DAZ store).

Is it supposed to be hiding those? I'd prefer to see them, when they are available ... I'm hoping it's a bug, soon to be fixed? angel

@memcneil70

The new desktop Chromium Edge works fine.  No issues that I have encountered

The Firefox Mobile on Android does not show the wishlist stuff on my device.

(...Google Chrome Mobile on Android does not allow extensions, so it is a no-go)

@HannahNMuss

There are options to turn on/off things in the extension (like "Hide Whats Hot section")  Maybe play with those first?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Thank you for this - it looks highly useful. I just installed it ... and a banner ad disappeared (from DAZ store).

What do you mean by banner ad? It only hides two sections: the "What's Hot" section, and the "Optional License Add-Ons" section and these can be turned on and off as you wish from the Options page (click on the addon's icon in the browser to get there).

3dOutlaw said:

That being said, I have found that the "Only show wishlist items" feature is not working in Firefox Mobile (android).  Is that a known limitation?

I can't install Firefox on my phone now, so I can't give you an exact answer. It's definitely not tested on mobile devices from my part, only on desktop browsers.

No problem.  The Save6 older checkboxes do work, the on Wishlist group does not.

• HannahNMussHannahNMuss Posts: 14
    edited January 2020
    Ati said:

Thank you for this - it looks highly useful. I just installed it ... and a banner ad disappeared (from DAZ store).

What do you mean by banner ad? It only hides two sections: the "What's Hot" section, and the "Optional License Add-Ons" section and these can be turned on and off as you wish from the Options page (click on the addon's icon in the browser to get there).

When I said "Banner," I meant the purple part of this:

(I edited out the precise offer, since it's about being a new customer and probably won't apply to most other people.)

It reappeared after awhile. No idea why it vanished for a bit. Sorry for troubling you. blush

DAZbanner.png
    800 x 71 - 8K
    Post edited by HannahNMuss on
    Ati said:

(I edited out the precise offer, since it's about being a new customer and probably won't apply to most other people.)

It reappeared after awhile. No idea why it vanished for a bit. Sorry for troubling you. blush

The addon should not affect that banner in any way.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I had tried to thank 3dOutlaw earlier, but one thing I am running into with ChromiumEdge on my laptop is almost constant signing out every 15 seconds! 
    I found the download for the Chrome DAZ Deal option, it had scrolled up above the top of my laptop screen. (See the result of not enough caffiene.) I have the browser all set up as it is normally on my iMac and ready to go.

Thanks, I feel crippled without this available to me.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Ati said:

The site has been logging me on and off all day - if that happened to you as well, you wouldn't see the banner while you were logged out.

one thing I am running into with ChromiumEdge on my laptop is almost constant signing out every 15 seconds!

That's been happening to many of us today. Hopefully it's now fixed. (Not browser-related, if it's the same thing.)

• I don't know if this has been asked before but I'd like to be able to bookmark "Sort By" menu items. I know it's not a real select menu and even those don't have anchors as an HTML standard, but it would be nice to have instead of manually selecting the same option every time. 

Infrequently links to the site redirect to the daz3d.com home page for reasons I don't understand. I'll try to remember to use the Redirect Path extension to see what's going on next time. 

A "Hide Sale Items" checkbox sounds like a weird request, but some flash coupon promotions exclude them. 

Thanks for everything as usual.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I really love this add-on. I remember a while ago, someone mentioned a future update would allow us to see items purchased which are in the library but no longer in the store (I have about 275 such items right now). Its a real bear to find these items, Are you any closer to having this feature added?

• Does DAZ Deals work with Chrome on an Apple IPAD mini (IOS operating system)?  I got a new IPAD mini for Christmas and installed Chrome. Then I tried to install DAZ Deals and it says it is "Added to Desktop" but it is not showing up in Chrome. Where did I go wrong?

Any ideas on installing DAZ Deals on my iPad mini with Chrome insaalled?

Sorry for the wait! Sadly, neither Chrome nor Firefox nor Edge (etc) support extensions. This seems to be more related to Apple having their own browser--with their own proprietary way of doing extensions--and/or the way Apple requires that apps not be extendable without going through their App Store. So, I'm afraid it's well out of our reach to fix. :-/

Firefox has a support doc about it that sums up the sadness: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-firefox-ios

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I want to know how to remove the daz deals program from my chrome, and also, how do I remove that tampermonkey one too?

I thought I unsubscried from the daz deals, but it's still on my chrome bar.  And there's no way to remove tampermonkey that I can find.

I no longer have any extra income to shop, so I'd like to unsub and remove.

Thank you.

sapat said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I want to know how to remove the daz deals program from my chrome, and also, how do I remove that tampermonkey one too?

I thought I unsubscried from the daz deals, but it's still on my chrome bar.  And there's no way to remove tampermonkey that I can find.

Thank you.

You can uninstall both like this:

Right click on one of the extensions. Choose "Manage extensions." This will bring up the info page of the extension you right-clicked on. It doesn't matter which one it is. Click the left arrow at the top, right next to its name. This brings you to the list of all your installed extensions. Click the "Remove" button for the ones you want to remove.

You mentioned two extensions, so be sure to click the "Remove" button for both.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

Thank you.

You can uninstall both like this:

Right click on one of the extensions. Choose "Manage extensions." This will bring up the info page of the extension you right-clicked on. It doesn't matter which one it is. Click the left arrow at the top, right next to its name. This brings you to the list of all your installed extensions. Click the "Remove" button for the ones you want to remove.

You mentioned two extensions, so be sure to click the "Remove" button for both.

yeah. daz deals and tampermonkey. I did as you said and selected 'remove from chrome' and now they are gone.  Thank you so much.

• I keep getting "unresponsive script" pop up messages on my Galaxy S3 Android tablet. I updated firefox and made sure i was on the latest version of Daz Deals but it's still happening. What going on and how do i stop it, short of disabling it? This doesn't happen on my phone or my desktop.

I keep getting "unresponsive script" pop up messages on my Galaxy S3 Android tablet. I updated firefox and made sure i was on the latest version of Daz Deals but it's still happening. What going on and how do i stop it, short of disabling it? This doesn't happen on my phone or my desktop.

Some features require more resources than others. Try disabling some of the features one by one. The most resource-intensive is the "hide items" feature, I would try with that first.

• I've been having problems with notifications being sent to me that something is SUPER cheap, but when I get there, it's not, so I have to reset all my notices. The other day, there were more than 80! just had one today, too. The timeline even shows the super cheap price, but it's not actually there. Any ideas?

I've been having problems with notifications being sent to me that something is SUPER cheap, but when I get there, it's not, so I have to reset all my notices. The other day, there were more than 80! just had one today, too. The timeline even shows the super cheap price, but it's not actually there. Any ideas?

We've had quite a few blink sales these past few days. You probably missed the cheap prices. You have to hurry when you get the notification, sometimes prices only stay that low for an hour or two. Maybe less.​

I've been having problems with notifications being sent to me that something is SUPER cheap, but when I get there, it's not, so I have to reset all my notices. The other day, there were more than 80! just had one today, too. The timeline even shows the super cheap price, but it's not actually there. Any ideas?

We've had quite a few blink sales these past few days. You probably missed the cheap prices. You have to hurry when you get the notification, sometimes prices only stay that low for an hour or two. Maybe less.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Feature request: hide items included in starter/pro bundles. I generally avoid buying things that are part of base figure bundles if I'm planning to buy the bundle itself eventually, so this option would give me an easy way to filter those items out.

Gordig said:

Feature request: hide items included in starter/pro bundles. I generally avoid buying things that are part of base figure bundles if I'm planning to buy the bundle itself eventually, so this option would give me an easy way to filter those items out.

You can hide individual items. All the items from the starter bundle are included in the pro bundle, so you only need to hide the ones from the pro bundle.

• Hi there,

Is there a way to reset the wishlist to reflect what is currently in it? I keep getting emails of lower prices on items I've already purchased.

Cheers

Lorraine

Hi there,

Is there a way to reset the wishlist to reflect what is currently in it? I keep getting emails of lower prices on items I've already purchased.

Cheers

Lorraine

Sure, there are two methods:

1. Go to your Daz wishlist page, and click the "Sync wishlist" button above the sort fields in the top right part of the page. Remember to do this every time you add something to your wishlist or buy something.
    2. On the addon's options page, go to the "Email notifications" tab, and enable "allow automatic update." This will do the syncing for you automatically every time something changes, and it will always be kept up-to-date.

I suggest option 2, as it's a one-time click, and you won't ever have to deal with it again. You can also see there when it was last synced.

• Thank, Ati, will do that!

Because of the huge volume of the messages, some notifications this morning might arrive late.

Ati said:

Because of the huge volume of the messages, some notifications this morning might arrive late.

... or get completely deleted. Disaster-recovery. The sale that triggered the emails is no longer available, and some of you still have not received the messages. I've deleted everything from the queue to cause less confusion.

This discussion has been closed.