ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

Comments

• FGtFGt Posts: 4
    Keyless said:

Anyone else having their renders come out pitch black when using Render Queue? 

I've set up the lighting and it works fine when I Render it manually. Any suggestions?

Update: It appears it has nothing to do with Render Queue after all. For some odd reason, my renders are coming out dark. But if you notice the bottom of the picture I uploaded, there's a bit of the picture that started rendering properly. Solution unknown but I changed a point light from a Sphere to a Rectangle in one scene, and it started rendering properly. 

Update: It wasn't the Point Light. Still not sure why it's happening but I have fortunately been able to avoid the issue since. Wish I understood the problem as to better avoid it in the future. If anyone has encountered this issue and knows why it happens, please let me know. 

Same here. Without queue everything works fine and with queue iterations almost immediately jump to 12 000 and render ends in seconds with that suspiciously looking line at the bottom of the image

• jstiltonjstilton Posts: 134
    Gogger said:
    jstilton said:

looks like an interesting product. one thing i wonder is if it can load particular render setting files, in which we can e.g. limit number of iterations or set a render time limit?

thanks

You save your scene, then add it to the Render Queue and move on to setting up the next scene, save it, add it to the render queue, repeat as needed, and then when you hit Start Render Queue, it will load the scenes with whatever settings (lighting, camera, quality, etc) and render it.  It renders a scene, closes DAZ, re-opens DAZ, loads next scene in the queue and renders it as per that scene's saved settings. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

​This script is a HUGE time saver!  I'll set up a half dozen scenes, run Render Queue and go to bed, in the morning I have a handful of newly rendered images as if I have been up all night rendering away.  YAYY!

thanks, i understand how it works, i've been using batchrender, a similar product. but there is an advantage in using a saved render file (where you can determine exactly what is saved (e.g. which environment settings) and apply it to a whole batch. e.g. when you notice that all your renders couldl be stopped after 20 minutes, you can  define that in the general render settings file, so that you don't have to go back to your individual files and change everything there one by one

• jstilton said:
    Gogger said:
    jstilton said:

looks like an interesting product. one thing i wonder is if it can load particular render setting files, in which we can e.g. limit number of iterations or set a render time limit?

thanks

You save your scene, then add it to the Render Queue and move on to setting up the next scene, save it, add it to the render queue, repeat as needed, and then when you hit Start Render Queue, it will load the scenes with whatever settings (lighting, camera, quality, etc) and render it.  It renders a scene, closes DAZ, re-opens DAZ, loads next scene in the queue and renders it as per that scene's saved settings. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

​This script is a HUGE time saver!  I'll set up a half dozen scenes, run Render Queue and go to bed, in the morning I have a handful of newly rendered images as if I have been up all night rendering away.  YAYY!

thanks, i understand how it works, i've been using batchrender, a similar product. but there is an advantage in using a saved render file (where you can determine exactly what is saved (e.g. which environment settings) and apply it to a whole batch. e.g. when you notice that all your renders couldl be stopped after 20 minutes, you can  define that in the general render settings file, so that you don't have to go back to your individual files and change everything there one by one

Ah, okay, I see what you are saying.  ManFriday certainly is open to suggestions and tries hard so mentioning it to him here could be the place to get it done.  There seems to be a problem with things in general right now, so he might be busy sorting that out.  I have also experienced this problem that everyone is having. It was working beautifully and then something somewhere got updated and it's blowing up.  i.e. All the renders I tried to run through the queue got re-saved with the Perspective Camera as default (was NOT left that way by me!) and the renders were just black.  Hoping this gets sorted soon, Render Queue was awesome and insanely helpful when everything was working as intended.

• Gogger said:
    jstilton said:
    Gogger said:
    jstilton said:

thanks

Ah, okay, I see what you are saying.  ManFriday certainly is open to suggestions and tries hard so mentioning it to him here could be the place to get it done.  There seems to be a problem with things in general right now, so he might be busy sorting that out.  I have also experienced this problem that everyone is having. It was working beautifully and then something somewhere got updated and it's blowing up.  i.e. All the renders I tried to run through the queue got re-saved with the Perspective Camera as default (was NOT left that way by me!) and the renders were just black.  Hoping this gets sorted soon, Render Queue was awesome and insanely helpful when everything was working as intended.

I've been really busy creating a new product so I haven't had much time looking at the forums. Apologies. I do use the Render Queue myself all the time though and I'm not seeing that problem. If you give me a step-by-step scenario that I can try to reproduce I can have a look at it.

• jstilton said:
    Gogger said:
    jstilton said:

thanks

I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to when you say "saved render file". The old Batch Render script supported 3Delight render scripts, I believe, which is not an issue for the Render Queue because it doesn't support 3Delight in the first place. Are you referring to "Render Settings Preset" files as created by File -> Save As -> Render Settings Presets maybe? But those include a lot more settings than just the no. of iterations.

• I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there seems to be a problem rendering dForce hair, it simply doesn't. I love the program and I use it fairly often, but today I woke up to an image set with just hairless people. I did do a normal render and the hair was back.

• I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but there seems to be a problem rendering dForce hair, it simply doesn't. I love the program and I use it fairly often, but today I woke up to an image set with just hairless people. I did do a normal render and the hair was back.

It renders all dForce hair for me.  I do NOT have the strand based hair option selected during RQ setup.  I think it's an option called something like strand based hair.  I'd try playing with that tick box first.  Checking the log and recompiling the... I haven't had my coffee yet... that would be where I'd poke around next before I got into the weeds.

ManFriday your render queueueueueuueueueueue product works for me, every time.  I'm not used to things working or going as planned.  I couldn't believe there was no integrated render que in Daz Studio ((I'm old, we rendered with cpu(s), get off my lawn wink)).  My hope is future builds of DS (perhaps if other sofware begins to make a comback) will have an integrated render que.  I hope they take into account your effort and knowledge $$$.  That would be ethical.  Of course there's the argument if it aint broke don't fix it.  Just wanted to say I'm very pleased with your product.  Gets cold in here when it finishes.  Wakes me up.  I yell out "computer, stop Daz, start mining something, anything... just make heat!  I can't feel my nose" but it never listens.  You're way around the VRAM issue is effective but it's got me thinking of testing wipe memory.  That's not VRAM though.  I wonder... a little bit of code to flash VRAM on command?  Zero it out, flush it, wipe it clean, start fresh in a blink of an eye without fully shutting down and restarting Daz Studio.  I wonder... but then I remember I'm old and in need of coffee.  Oh well, thanks again! 

Just killing time because the holiday free item today is linking back to the homepage and not the product page and I don't want to have to checkout twice today.  See now this I'm used to.  This is more like it.

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
    edited December 2019

Anyone know where the listed pdf is found? Got the product, no pdf included in the installer download.

Post edited by nowefg on
  • nowefg said:

Anyone know where the listed pdf is found? Got the product, no pdf included in the installer download.

It should be in

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Render Queue

If not, you can download it from here:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/59787/start

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks, Doc !

• chromchrom Posts: 254

Great stuff!

Unfortunately it restart / reload also when rendering multiple cams within one scene.

Or is there an option to handle this?  otherwise it would be my "simple" feature request.

What happens when rendering multiple cams if cam names not unique to rendered files/ filenames?

Perhaps add timestamp to filenames

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

Does someelse has also the issue that the custom resolution and ratio of a camera is ignored?

I have this issue reguallary which prevents me from using that Render Queue, but I couldn't figure out what this iusse triggers or break it down to an easy example which I could upload here.

The camera position/viewport is used, but not the ratio (e.g. 16:9) or the resultion of the camera.

I think the settings from the iray settings is used instead of these of the camera.

• gerster said:

Does someelse has also the issue that the custom resolution and ratio of a camera is ignored?

I have this issue reguallary which prevents me from using that Render Queue, but I couldn't figure out what this iusse triggers or break it down to an easy example which I could upload here.

The camera position/viewport is used, but not the ratio (e.g. 16:9) or the resultion of the camera.

I think the settings from the iray settings is used instead of these of the camera.

The custom resolution works for me. I have scenes which uses the viewport (1822 x 887), also have half size (911 x 887 saved as a custom resolution preset), and the queue processes both without an issue. These are set in the General section of the Editor tab in Iray Render Settings.

edited February 2020
    gerster said:

The custom resolution works for me. I have scenes which uses the viewport (1822 x 887), also have half size (911 x 887 saved as a custom resolution preset), and the queue processes both without an issue. These are set in the General section of the Editor tab in Iray Render Settings.

I don't save them as custom settings. They are only set in the camera.

I'll check that the next days. Maybee this is the issue.

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    gerster said:

Make sure you have the latest update installed. Local dimensions work for standard DAZ cameras, but they do not work for IG custom cameras, for me.
    barbult said:
    gerster said:

Make sure you have the latest update installed. Local dimensions work for standard DAZ cameras, but they do not work for IG custom cameras, for me.

Latest version is installed and I use of course only the daz standard camera wink

edited February 2020

Yeah, saving it at camera presets and also set that preset in the iray render settings seems to work.

But this is more like a workaround.

It's at least not expected behavoir.

If I do a new scene, everything is working as expected. That bug happens only in some more complex scenes which I can't share here.

I didn't figure out what's causing this bug in these scenes.

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • Hi and thanks for a very useful product!

A way to do it even more useful is if it could do SIMULATE, before starting rendering. 

Simulate dForce takes 10 minutes or longer even with a good rig. I tend not to use dForce hair or clothes as I don't want to go and take another cup of coffe for each new pose. If it was possible to save the scene un-simulated and your tool would do the boring simulate thing - it would be REALLY an improvement.

The idea is ofcourse that it does the simulation only once, not for each camera, so it would have to save the file after doing the simulation and after that render with each camera.

Would this be possible?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    edited February 2020

Hi and thanks for a very useful product!

A way to do it even more useful is if it could do SIMULATE, before starting rendering. 

Simulate dForce takes 10 minutes or longer even with a good rig. I tend not to use dForce hair or clothes as I don't want to go and take another cup of coffe for each new pose. If it was possible to save the scene un-simulated and your tool would do the boring simulate thing - it would be REALLY an improvement.

The idea is ofcourse that it does the simulation only once, not for each camera, so it would have to save the file after doing the simulation and after that render with each camera.

Would this be possible?

It would be possible, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. In my experience, dForce simulations have far less than a 100% success rate. I use dForce a lot and it tends to be quite a bit of trial and error with explosions and parameter tweaking on the way -- rarely do I simulate and then immediately render. Instead, when I found a good simulation, I turn on the "freeze simulation" property to protect it and save it with the scene, and eventually it will get rendered.

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • barbult said:
    gerster said:

That's interesting, I'll have a look at the IG cameras to see if the RQ behaves correctly with them. Thank you all for reporting!

ManFriday said:
    barbult said:
    gerster said:

That's interesting, I'll have a look at the IG cameras to see if the RQ behaves correctly with them. Thank you all for reporting!

www.daz3d.com/ig-photographers-toolbox-cinematic-cameras are the cameras that I used that caused me problems. They set local dimensions for the camera. Render Queue did not render with those local dimensions.

I am attaching a scene file that demonstrates the problem I have with the IG cameras and Render Queue. The scene contains one "regular" camera without local dimensions and 2 IG cinematic cameras. When I add the scene to Render Queue and render all visible cameras, the second IG cameras is rendered with the wrong aspect ratio. Is Render Queue not updating the local dimensions as it iterates through the visible cameras?

I am also attaching two renders of that second IG camera, one render from Render Queue and one manually rendered the "normal" way, so you can see that the Render Queue version is not the same as a manually rendered version.

I don't know if this problem is limited to the IG cameras or not. I have probably never tried a scene with more than one camera with local dimensions that I set up manually myself.

duf
    duf
    cinematic camera test.duf
    cinematic camera test_35S 100mm IGPT MP Camera (139mm).jpg
    2000 x 873 - 208K
    35S 100 mm IGPT MP Camera manual render.png
    2000 x 1504 - 428K
    gerster said:

Yeah, saving it at camera presets and also set that preset in the iray render settings seems to work.

But this is more like a workaround.

It's at least not expected behavoir.

If I do a new scene, everything is working as expected. That bug happens only in some more complex scenes which I can't share here.

I didn't figure out what's causing this bug in these scenes.

what's about that problem.

using a camera setting in the iRay render setting is in my opinion only a workaround.

• Where are the settings and queue saved?

• The last daz beta update seems to have broken then render queue.

It will start the first render for me, but then dosen't continue with the next.

@ManFriday

• The last daz beta update seems to have broken then render queue.

It will start the first render for me, but then dosen't continue with the next.

@ManFriday

I think he has forgotten about this thread smiley

Which Daz Studio restart option do you use?

Render Queue is working for me in DS 4.12.1.76 Public Beta right now, but I have had issues with it crashing with access violation. I thought it might be because I had automatic login turned on and DS was taking forever to log in, and Render Queue marched on before DS was ready. I turned automatic login off. I don't know if that was the issue or whether it is some other intermittent issue. Right now, it renders all visible cameras correctly and renders multiple scenes correctly.

Be sure you have plenty of time between DS shutdown and restart. With the recent versions of DS 4.12, it will not restart until the previous instance has completely shutdown. If you try to start it too soon, it won't start. (There is a technique you can use to start multiple DS instances, but I don't believe Render Queue implements that at all, and I have never tried it.)

These are my Render Queue settings. I'm sure 30 seconds is overkill, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't too quick.

Screenshot 2020-02-23 11.39.20.png
    518 x 847 - 51K
  • My settings are 20,20,Kill,10,10 which works fine for me.

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    edited June 2020

My settings are 20,20,Kill,10,10 which works fine for me.

There is indeed a change with Daz Studio 4.12.1 that can cause the Render Queue to fail at restarting Daz Studio. Having a sufficiently large delay can fix that, and the "kill" option works as well.

The change with Daz Studio 4.12.1 is a bit complex. Daz Studio has always taken the liberty to take a very long time to shut down after you close the main window, 4.12.1 or not. When you close Daz Studio, it cleans out the current scene as if you had selected "file" -> "new". From my testing, deleting objects takes Daz Studio about as long as loading objects, and that again can take quite a long time depending on how many morphs you have installed. So if loading a scene takes a minute, you can expect clearing the scene (and thus shutting down Daz Studio) to take equally long.

Now, Daz Studio has always done that cleanup after you closed the main window, and you didn't see it even if DS was still running in the background for minutes. What has changed with 4.12 is that DS refuses to open multiple instances unless you use special command line parameters. The result is if you try to start Daz Studio again while the invisible background process is still cleaning up, it just refuses to start. That applies to the Render Queue trying to start Daz Studio as well.

TL/DR, increase the last timeout in the Render Queue options, or select the "Kill" option, or give it your own script. Hope that helps!

Post edited by ManFriday on
  • AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    ManFriday said:
    increase the last timeout in the Render Queue options, or select the "Kill" option, or give it your own script. Hope that helps!

great, searched on the forum about this exactly :) love this utility by the way, thanks!