The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    sssippsss breath fire flosssss

tsk what are they doing to poptarts. picture on the box is the way i remember em, but the crust now is like wider, the strawberry jam section is shrinked

...just like all those fast food burger joint adverts that show you a nice big juicy burger that doesn't even fit on the bun on the commercial.

However, when you get it it's a wafer thin "hockey puck" patty 1/4 inch smaller in diameter than the bun under a slice of "pasturised processed American cheese food product", a couple anemic slices of tomato & onion, a piece of lettuce ll with a couple squirts of some kind of goopy "special sauce" on it.

The bun never looks as plump as in the pictures, either.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...true. Usually looks like someone sat on it.

There are places you can get burgers that look like real burgers, but those tend to be a bit more expensive (though very tasty).

The brewpub down the street from me makes a fantastic hand formed super lean (almost steak) cooked to order burger that stacks almost as tall as a "Dagwood sandwich" (the patty itself is almost an inch thick) topped with cheeze and all other sorts of goodies. Actually not too badly priced considering, and after you've had one, you really don't need to eat anything else.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited January 2014

Yep, it's a full-bore cold. Very dry sore throat. Cough. No fever, so not the flu at least. Misery factor 6 of 10... :sick:

misery.jpg
    630 x 720 - 142K
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2014

tjohn said:
    Yep, it's a full-bore cold. Very dry sore throat. Cough. No fever, so not the flu at least. Misery factor 6 of 10... :sick:

Oh noes, hopes it will be just a 48 hour thing> Modern science can't cure colds like they seemed to be able to in the olden days

HCCure.jpg
    803 x 646 - 159K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

The Rosetta comet chaser wakes up on Monday, wow that will be something. ESA website looks like it is getting hammered but http://sci.esa.int/rosetta/53612-the-most-important-alarm-clock-in-the-solar-system/

edited December 1969
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

my compy went to sleep during the idl render? iz so boring it can't keep the pewter awake?

trying it again with the Q manager. seems to be running a lot faster. can't read the percents completed from here.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

i luuuvv Spirited Away. and Howl's Castle.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    sssippsss breath fire flosssss

tsk what are they doing to poptarts. picture on the box is the way i remember em, but the crust now is like wider, the strawberry jam section is shrinked

...just like all those fast food burger joint adverts that show you a nice big juicy burger that doesn't even fit on the bun on the commercial.

However, when you get it it's a wafer thin "hockey puck" patty 1/4 inch smaller in diameter than the bun under a slice of "pasturised processed American cheese food product", a couple anemic slices of tomato & onion, a piece of lettuce ll with a couple squirts of some kind of goopy "special sauce" on it.

The bun never looks as plump as in the pictures, either.

Dana

poptarts and cawffee for breakfast :)

edited December 1969

This is the best thing I ever got here for free. :)
    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/19403/

edited December 1969

this was interesting http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/online/box/compare.html

90 gigs later i feel like poser can't give me the renders i need. sighhhh

edited January 2014

nooo, no more cold blasts - complaint

Spring please, tulips, daffodils,

tin roof rusted, a lil ole place where

140119.jpg
    479 x 303 - 39K
    140119a.jpg
    681 x 549 - 101K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

We are getting back down to the single digits for most of next week

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

That's nice. Oh, well, another thing I miss out on because it's too expensive. Still, I haven't used the first Big Cat yet, so...

Dana

edited December 1969

idl render been stuck at 54% over n hour. iz time to go back to iblao, me thinks.

edited January 2014

Morning. Gunmetal clouds scraping rooftops left grimy and dull from last week's heat outside my window, but no rain now for a couple of weeks :)

w.png
    217 x 182 - 17K
    edited January 2014

tjohn said:

meh gallery won't let me click but I'll try to remember to get back to it :)

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    edited January 2014

sigh wish i haz more cores, more rams. more bus hzees.

ick, my finger nails all have those rough ridges in em, like a bad inkjet printer banding.

my first inkjet was the hp550c. took me months to save up for it. printing from coreldraw it would take all night for it to dribble to the printer. centronics cable oscar mike gulf.
    was noisy.
    not as noisy as dot matrix. the okidata 590. lol. upgrade from 9pin to 24pin. yowsa, lol.
    back then, publisher manuscript submissions specs said 'no' dot-matrix
    sigh, 1989 memories

sent 3 manuscripts to Daw. reject reject reject. Ace reject reject reject. 'no simultaneous submissions'. >.<
    Baen, 17 month wait. they were nice enough to send a critique. reject.

edited January 2014

Poser IDL works best when there is a figure and a light dome. If you are still rendering the Secret Agent set be aware that situations where there is an inside and an outside, like a room with a window, are the toughest/slowest for indirect lighting algos to handle. Also the biggest SNAFU with IDL is leaving GC off ! ! ! :)

edited December 1969

no more secret agent.

but nao iblao, sss, using some of Snarly's ez metals blurred reflections :lol: i'm fascinated by those metals but tanks my cpu.
    asian court has transmaps

... 4 bounces - 100% radiance - 0 min shade - 10 pixel

up to 88%

one point light, one ibl light.

i put metal on the mech outfit and metal on the dragonling and they're standing close, those reflect rays are prolly bouncing like a pinball ricochet
    bing bing bing, ricochet rabbit
    tee hee
    oh dear, a lil tipsy,

edited December 1969

Oh I see well you will be much better off in terms of render time with a specular only light to cheat the blurred reflect :)

edited January 2014

there's a thread at rmp on poser idl. was so depressing, giving up on the idl thing. unless it's a portrait of Anastasia or Tyler.

pp12 doesn't give an option to put a gc group id. comes with pp14 ... or is it a scattering id? supposed to fix the blue problem, i think.

edited December 1969

i liked Rezca's renders. with the biguana on the stairs, pizza. the lighting was like wow

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Oh I see well you will be much better off in terms of render time with a specular only light to cheat the blurred reflect :)

that render you did in the ballroom, stuck in my mind, was a real nice lighting

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Don't use IDL much, is not much chop when it comes to animating whatever the renderer. Ballroom? Dont recall, sorry :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Don't use IDL much, is not much chop when it comes to animating whatever the renderer. Ballroom? Dont recall, sorry :)

there was a new texture set for the ballroom. light rays from the windows. lots a wood paneling.

edited December 1969

Cough is worse, sore throat better, still no fever.
    So...
    Aspirin™, fluids, caffeine, etc. Can't go the alcohol route (diabetes).
    Getting the urge to do "Dark" renders to suit my mood. Been mostly sweetness and light in the render dept. for me lately. Hmmm....(coff)

edited December 1969

vics vapor rub :) and shelden's kitty song?

edited December 1969

tomorrow is munday already?
    one more day to mourn, then back into the world. no paycheck this week. iz gonna hurt.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

there was a new texture set for the ballroom. light rays from the windows. lots a wood paneling.

Oh this one, the textures are so good they almost light themselves ($2 wow) is a LIghtwave render with a turbulence procedural driving some volumetric lights, no IDL all spots and points my preferred instruments of illumination :)

br.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 72K
This discussion has been closed.