The All you can Eat Sushi and Complaints Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Friend showed me some cute bird pictures...

tumblr_mz53eqkQ2H1qcfm5vo1_500.jpg
    500 x 364 - 66K
    qsYmGtd.gif
    245 x 170 - 1M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...just finished listening to a performance of Messiaen's Dieu parmi nous (the final movement from his La nativite suite) on the organ at Notre Dame in Paris.

Was amused by one of the comments...

Holy crap... those en chamades would make Chuck Norris crap his pants

In French Romantic Organ building, an En Chamade is a brilliant sounding reed stop (usually imitating a trumpet) that projects horizontally from the case into the sanctuary/auditorium. This instrument has five such stops: 2 sets at 4' & 8' pitch and one dual set at 2'/16' pitch.

That's really nice, the guy knew his stuff when it came to harmonics hey, my garden sounds like him sometimes :)
    ...the 6th movement of his Turangalila-Symphonie titled Jardin du sommeil d'amour is one of the most hauntingly beautiful and tranquil works I ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAUcW6vn_xE

This is why I considered him asmy mentor when I was studying composition and improvisation

I wish I could get out of this financial funk, get a digital keyboard and some modules for the workstation and finish the works that keep banging around in my head. I don't have to be a virtuoso performer to for that, just let the sounds that have been bottled up for decades finally come out.

Well it's 02:15, had a good dinner, listened to some great music. finally relaxed. Time to search for that mystical garden.

...nite all

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

A bit hoarse and sore-ish throat. Icky taste in my mouth. Hello, head cold... :sick:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Those are cute, but that video is running backwards...which makes it more amazing.

Dana

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:

Those are cute, but that video is running backwards...which makes it more amazing.

Dana
    tried fixing but has transparency, looping no good either

loop.gif
    245 x 170 - 3M
    qsYmGtd.gif
    245 x 170 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

....sweet, I love the one doing the somersault into the lounge chair.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

cute keets.

way back, had a pet parakeet liked sitting on the edge of my cereal bowl, would dunk her beak in the milk and splash it around.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    A bit hoarse and sore-ish throat. Icky taste in my mouth. Hello, head cold... :sick:

some o' that medicinal stuff - :) - warm the germies away. ease the bone gnomes away too.

here we go

untitled1.jpg
    805 x 315 - 67K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

My roommate wants to barrow my computer. I do not want to lend out this computer to anyone. I hear her complain that I will not let her barrow my computer. It is my computer so I have final say on who uses it, right?

edited January 2014

tjohn said:

some o' that medicinal stuff - :) - warm the germies away. ease the bone gnomes away too.

here we go
    ...now listen to your doctor.

Can't wait for health coverage to kick in so I can get the medicinals that work best for me:

kruskovec.jpg
    103 x 384 - 5K
    talisker.jpg
    115 x 402 - 16K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

My roommate wants to barrow my computer. I do not want to lend out this computer to anyone. I hear her complain that I will not let her barrow my computer. It is my computer so I have final say on who uses it, right?

Right!

And by the way, it's borrow, not barrow. According to my Funk & Wagnalls...
    barrow 1
    1. A frame or tray with handles at either end by which it is carried, used for transporting loads.
    2. A wheelbarrow.
    3. The load carried on a barrow.
    4. Brit. A pushcart.

barrow 2
    1. Anthropol. A mound of earth or stones built over a grave.
    2. A hill.

I wouldn't want my computer to be any of those things any time soon.
    So either way, I'd tell her no! :)

Dana

edited January 2014

sssippsss breath fire flosssss

tsk what are they doing to poptarts. picture on the box is the way i remember em, but the crust now is like wider, the strawberry jam section is shrinked

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Mild Sunday morning here, signs of life are returning to the city freeways and concrete canyons. Everyone has a story about the great hot last week. Feeling linguistically dehydrated personally, no wonder Aussies tend to be taciturn, words aren't big enough for such extremes :lol:

edited December 1969

goo'd mornin' mate :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Right!

barrow 1
    1. A frame or tray with handles at either end by which it is carried, used for transporting loads.
    2. A wheelbarrow.
    4. Brit. A pushcart.

barrow 2
    2. A hill.

Dana

i wouldn't let anyone use my computer unless it was a dire emergency. i wouldn't want anyone seeing all the warcraft hentai i d/l

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

so cute. A mess of parrot feathers in our garden this morning looks ominous, tough life for them in the big city :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

oh noes hopes that is only a 24 hour thing :)

edited December 1969

goo'd mornin' mate :)

*waves & hugz* Feeling a little kinda emo today, must be the sudden temp change :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Right!

barrow 1
    2. A wheelbarrow.
    4. Brit. A pushcart.

barrow 2
    2. A hill.

Dana
    Thank you for correcting me. I meant borrow. I am glad that you can help me spell better. I do not want to lend out my computer any time soon.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Right!

barrow 1
    2. A wheelbarrow.
    4. Brit. A pushcart.

barrow 2
    2. A hill.

Dana

Thank you for correcting me. I meant borrow. I am glad that you can help me spell better. I do not want to lend out my computer any time soon.

*waves* Compys are personal hey. If you wanted you could set up a guest account so ppl don't get to see your stuff or change any settings But is always your choice cos it is your stuff :)

edited December 1969

emo is blocking my creativity.

trying to mental image a spinning scifi aiko.

maybe looking at pictures of buppy belly rub will fire off that 'high on life' brain chemistry.

edited December 1969

emo is blocking my creativity.

trying to mental image a spinning scifi aiko.

maybe looking at pictures of buppy belly rub will fire off that 'high on life' brain chemistry.

3D motion blur ?

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Rezca said:

Dana

tried fixing but has transparency, looping no good either

Hopes you are doing OK Wendy, things seem to have calmed down for us :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

More cute birds.

Birds at play :)

m7ky4vueRm1r5c792o2.gif
    240 x 160 - 755K
    m7ky4vueRm1r5c792o1.gif
    240 x 160 - 638K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    More cute birds.

Birds at play :)

Wow, that looks a bit harsh for play. And that food looks like red meat. I am thinking those are not chicks or ducklings, but birds of prey. Look at the beaks.

Still cute, though...in a way.

Dana

edited January 2014

trying the idl again >.<</p>

one point light for shadows and a plane overhead with amb = 3.

and hot cuppa tea to battle the chill. my legs are shakey, so cold

'lizzies like belly rubs too.

talk about brain bleach. first i searched belly rub, didn't occur to me to specify dog. owwwww ow ow lol

untitled2.jpg
    817 x 165 - 50K
    untitled3.jpg
    617 x 467 - 132K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

These are great for a couple of bucks. There is some things wrong with the one click load though my poser GUI doesn't like it at all :)

s.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 149K
    edited December 1969

trying the idl again >.<</p>

one point light for shadows and a plane overhead with amb = 3.

and hot cuppa tea to battle the chill. my legs are shakey, so cold

'lizzies like belly rubs too.

talk about brain bleach. first i searched belly rub, didn't occur to me to specify dog. owwwww ow ow lol

b.png
    129 x 163 - 38K
    edited January 2014

sssippsss breath fire flosssss

tsk what are they doing to poptarts. picture on the box is the way i remember em, but the crust now is like wider, the strawberry jam section is shrinked

...just like all those fast food burger joint adverts that show you a nice big juicy burger that doesn't even fit on the bun on the commercial.

However, when you get it it's a wafer thin "hockey puck" patty 1/4 inch smaller in diameter than the bun under a slice of "pasturised processed American cheese food product", a couple anemic slices of tomato & onion, a piece of lettuce ll with a couple squirts of some kind of goopy "special sauce" on it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...bugger, Wisconsin lost to Michigan 77 - 70 at home.

...after losing to Indiana 75 - 72 earlier this week.

So much being for #3 in the nation and a projected #1 seed in March Madness (the basketball tournament, not the Daz sale)

"3" has not been the charm, at least not in college BB. First Ohio State (ranked #3) "fell from grace" with two losses last week, and now Wisconsin.

And to make matters worse, "Sparty" (Michigan State) won again. Maybe the "curse of #3" will come to bite them next and even out the playing field.

At least Arsenal won this morning and is back atop the EPL table again distancing themselves from a pesky Chelsea club by 5 points. Never thought I'd say this but looking to MU to defeat Chelsea on Tomorrow (Sunday) to push them a few more points behind.

American football tomorrow, league championship games. Kind of leaning towards San Francisco defeating Seattle and Denver defeating New England.

This discussion has been closed.