SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LEI1 said:
    Psycha said:
    Ok new issue. I just purchased the Supersuit pro bundle which I WANTED :)

However, when I go to the download page I have PC stuff mixed up with my Mac files. I hate when I accidentally DL a PC exe file. It just gets real confusing. Can Someone on the website team get the "Mac only files" feature back for downloadables?

Thanks it is much appreciated! :)

Since DAZ is going to move to ZIP files rather than installers I suspect this won't change.

Zip files rather than installers??? But Mac users have always gotten our installers packed inside Zip files. So there's no change there. The only difference now is that it's an absolute nightmare to have to randomly weed out all the mac installers between the exe files, especially if you're downloading more than five products.

That 'Mac only files' filter needs to come back ... PLEASE PUT IT BACK! :snake:

No, they are switching from installers to a zip file with the content, which will be the same zip for all platforms rather than a separate Win installer and Mac installer. There will be an OPTIONAL stand-alone installer for those who want it.

A zip file with just the content?? As in now we'll have to manually place all of our new content ourselves by default. Did someone just up and decide that convenience is evil?!

:gulp:

Wait … and wasn't there also a legal issue with that? I know Daz used to send out zip files for products with the old Mac installers that no longer work on current operating systems. But they updated their policy and discontinued the practice ... this would be like restarting it again on a mass scale wouldn't it? :grrr:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Some people prefer zips that they can install themselves, while others prefer installers. SO DAZ will be providing the content in Zip files, and an optional, stand-alone install manager that you download once if desired. You can then either download the content yourself and install it yourself, or download it and have the install manager install it, or have the install manager do everything (check if products have been updated and download and install them on request).

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited May 2012

LadySythe said:
    Don't know why my thread was moved to this one. It has nothing at all to do with any of the topics shown in the first post. *shakes head* But fine, if you wanna have my info covered up by other issues about forum/site bugs...so be it...

This entire thread is on store bugs not forums bugs...that is a totally different thread which you can find here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/

As for why it was combined with this thread (while I didn't move it) I would assume it is to keep all such information together. Having 20 different threads in three to four different areas is painfully hard to keep track of or for anyone trying to do this fixes to follow. Putting the issues together is far easier and a better way to track things.

Also, this thread isn't just for people to discuss the few things I had listed, it was to report other things you may find as well :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

I sent out an email to support earlier today about pc membership. Is there a chance that it will be worked on Saturday. My membership expires Sunday.

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Just bought the free item of the week from the news letter received an e-mail that stated i could download my purchase but my order is not complete and therefore I can not download. Still waiting on and Answer to my Stagecoach issue.. Will contact tech support again sigh... And I will wait till tomorrow to contact CS on the stuck transaction....

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

I sent out an email to support earlier today about pc membership. Is there a chance that it will be worked on Saturday. My membership expires Sunday.

I am not certain whether they will be working through the weekend or not though if the membership would lapse or they don't get to it in time, they should be able to just put it back live again with no issue.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

The store is not alerting me to purchases I have already made. I purposely put an item into my cart that I knew I'd already purchased. I got no warning. I went to checkout, and STILL had no warning. This is a HUGE issue for me. Please tell me this is a known bug and is being resolved!!

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Hi,

a note for all who are stuck with the "pending" status of new order/downloads. I got the same and tried to contact the CS by mail, but without any reply. However, after a couple of days I just did this: Go to "itemized order history", scroll to the order number in question and just hit "reset" (despite the fact that it is already listed, but "pending"). For me it immediately worked, all links reset and were functional.

• NabouNabou Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hello alls,
    i move my post to this topic, Richard Haseltine gives me the right direction, thx

My Question: Posted: 25 May 2012 08:30 AM

Hello alls,
    sorry if i say that in Moment ... but where is the ” No like Button” on the new Website?
    The new Daz-Shop makes Trouble. The Old Forum looks better than the New.

If i try to buy an Item then i stuck in Ceckout Window. He say “add a State or a Provinz” but how to do it?
    It exist no Entry Window to do this. I live in Germany, we have no States.

I wish me the Old Shop and Forum back !!!

Greetings Nabou

Answer from Richard:

Posted: 25 May 2012 12:18 PM

Contact information for problems such as your address entry is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

My Reply on this:

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:31 AM

Thx Richard,
    the Problem with Checkout is solved :-D
    i have only to Update my Billing and Shipping Adress, then works all fine.

But some other finetunig on shopping site i wish and are verry important..

I see no Filesize on Product-page or in Download-page or if i download a Product, its how a blindfly..
    I see not how many Files the Product have on Product-site for comparison with my Download-site.
    The Pay-Windows comes first before i can check the Orders for correct Pricing or add a Gift-Certificate.
    I can not disable the Mac- or PC-version in my Download-Area, this generate a long list with Information i not need.
    And i got no Mailnotification that i become a answer from u Richsrd :-D

sorry my cheap english and typos

Greetings to all, Nabou

and a new Failure i see in my Download Area
    the Daz 4Pro that i try to download (Version 4.5) is a Zip file and has no Installer.
    I hope all that failures will be shortly eliminated to become my old fine buy-feeling back

Greetings Nabou

• epeachesepeaches Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

The Daz Site is not showing coupons for discounts at checkout nor are they showing coupons and minutes offered for the month.

Daz site is not adding products for redownload once requested from the download files saved on Daz.

The Daz Site is not recognizing previously purchased items on Daz and are putting them in the cart any way.

The downloads on the Daz Site is not giving you the option to choose pc only downloads or mac only downloads.

There is still no ArtZone availability on Daz that allows us to post our art without having to go through a bunch of rules, regulations and bs.

I really hate the new daz site, it makes everything harder and when you select the contact us button, it does not work and you just feel like your being redirected in circles with no real help being offered. Still does not have readme files for a lot of their products.

I tried to download Aiden for M5 but it's now download and it says Aiden for M5 is an addo on and they must be installed to the same location as M5. I did select the same location but it's not recognizing it. It just says please choose a different location or install the required products first. Can't download my downloads. Still you have not brought ARTZONE back.

Most of the things on Daz do not work now!!! Good Lord, the site is working just terrible.

[email protected]

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That e-mail does not work, Just tried it again, same as on out receipts!

I am getting sick of not being able to get help.
    Buying stuff over 2 weeks ago & not getting my Items!!!

Plus paying for the membership witch this month has been a waste to me, I am scared to order anything else so I am missing what deals are out there.

Also don't like at check out then your Item on sell goes back to full price, once in your cart to check out it should not change! JMO

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

That e-mail does not work, Just tried it again, same as on out receipts!

I am getting sick of not being able to get help.
    Buying stuff over 2 weeks ago & not getting my Items!!!

Plus paying for the membership witch this month has been a waste to me, I am scared to order anything else so I am missing what deals are out there.

Also don't like at check out then your Item on sell goes back to full price, once in your cart to check out it should not change! JMO

Which email did you use? Did it bounce, or are you simply waiting for a reply - as you may imagine, support is dealing with a heavy load at the moment.

• Alethas FantasyAlethas Fantasy Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

I have used:
    cs @ daz3d. com
    sales @ daz3d. com

With out the space to post it here.

I get: Mail Delivery Subsystem ;

I also tried the help on the store also.

Thanks for your respond & putting it in the right place.

Aletha

Post edited by Alethas Fantasy on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

The one for sales is support @ daz3d.com - though the cs address should be working, certainly.

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    I have thousands of items dating back to 2005, and this new itemized order page is extremely non-functional and useless without any way to change the number of items you want to see and also a search function. I always used to just hit 'Ctrl+F' in FF and then type in my text to search for. I want that back.

I also want the option back to hide the Mac files. I don't want or need them, and there's no way to turn them off.

I've already had to ask for a refund because I was charged twice for something because the site didn't warn me I already had the item. They need to put that back muy pronto. Every other site warns you if you're trying to purchase an item you already have.

The 'Add to Cart' button rarely works for me and I have to keep refreshing the page in order to get the item to actually go into the cart. Then I get a warning I can only put that item in my cart once. Well really???

I've had to change my password 3 times because the site won't login correctly. Even when I am logged in, if I go to another part of the store, I have to login again.

It's a chore to shop or browse with the way the categories are set up. Why couldn't they have left the show 'All Products and Promotions' choice? They really need to work on how the categories are arranged. It makes no sense at all.

Editing to add: I don't like these new forums either.....and now that I see my 'first' post, I notice it's not adding spaces between paragraphs. Now it's just displaying as one long tirade.

*this*
    I have 81 pages in my itemized order history. That makes it absolutely useless.

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

I can't see my wishlist, I only get an error.

I tried someone's suggestion of deleting withlist items from a store page, but that did nothing, it still shows those same items.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited May 2012

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but the "Required Products" link is way off. I was looking at this and the required products was the Dream Home: Kitchen:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/mfd-for-genesis-wonderland-expansion

It appears that a lot of these Required Products links are off.

FYI

EDIT TO ADD: It also appears that these links change to something else. For me, the above link now says that M4 Morphs ++ are the Required Product.

Post edited by Muon Quark on
    edited December 1969

*this*

AMEN!! I have more than 81 pages. No search feature and no ability to see them all at once makes this totally useless.

• rebelgraphxrebelgraphx Posts: 215
    edited May 2012

*this*

AMEN!! I have more than 81 pages. No search feature and no ability to see them all at once makes this totally useless.

Same here, I have 157 pages to go through. What were they thinking when they created this...........
    Also I have to refresh the shop page everytime I want to look at new items because it does not show them when I go to the store page,
    And when I understand correctly I have to try and solve the wishlist problem myself.................

Post edited by rebelgraphx on
    edited December 1969

twingo said:

*this*

Same here, I have 157 pages to go through. What were they thinking when they created this...........
    Also I have to refresh the shop page everytime I want to look at new items because it does not show them when I go to the store page,
    And when I understand correctly I have to try and solve the wishlist problem myself.................

I've got 301 pages. And no search feature. It takes me like 20 clicks to get to items starting with "m." And when I open the order where I purchased the item, the item name is no longer hyperlinked to the item's store page. This drives me crazy. With 301 pages of content, I want to be able to locate items I own QUICKLY, and then instantly have the ability to redirect to the item's store page. You know, like I used to be able to do on May 15th...

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So still no word on how long the SuperSuit intro sale will be on for?? I asked previously and my comment's now been buried in the thread … any help would be much appreciated!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

twingo said:

*this*

I've got 301 pages. And no search feature. It takes me like 20 clicks to get to items starting with "m." And when I open the order where I purchased the item, the item name is no longer hyperlinked to the item's store page. This drives me crazy. With 301 pages of content, I want to be able to locate items I own QUICKLY, and then instantly have the ability to redirect to the item's store page. You know, like I used to be able to do on May 15th...

Some of us are having limited relief by setting up spreadsheets. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566/

I know it's not an ideal ... but it's helping some keep from losing their minds, a little.

• BiddlesBiddles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I would like to voice my disappointment with this transition to an broken store and unusable user account purchases history and downloads

I would like an extension on my platinum club annual membership till this stuff is sorted out and put back to a functional website

why should the clock be ticking on my paid for membership while this crazy stuff drags on?

I paid for 365 days subscription not give or take, about, or roughly but 365 days

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Don't like the new download page. Can't turn off mac files (I use PC). Can't see file size.
    Don't like the new shop. Some product requirements are wrong or missing.
    Generally the whole shopping experience is more convoluted than previous.
    Hopefully all this is getting fixed. Currently just one big frustration.

• DAC1DAC1 Posts: 40
    edited May 2012

Decided to take advantage of the Genesis Bracers freebie. Had to re-add the item to my cart, which had cleared during sign-in. Got the system to accept (slowly) my $0.00 purchase, and it seemed to take forever "processing". I got the email confirmation last night for the order but the files were still "pending" all day today and could not be downloaded.

P.S. I'm not a New Member as it says, as I've been a member since 2005 as it says. This is also not my first post, though it says so.

Post edited by DAC1 on
  • GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Changing the selection for "Show [-] per page" effects the products on display.
    The number of products and the order of products change keep changing.
    For example: In Shop - Free DAZ 3D Content.
    Show 15 per page = 2 pages and total of 17 items.
    Show 30 per page = 1 pages and total of 17 items.
    Show 60 per page = 1 pages and total of 7 items. 10 items have disappeared!!!

• WulfricWulfric Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

What I miss is a TEXTURE TEMPLATE. It's great that all the Mat-Zones can manipiulated with shaders and textures, but what, when I would like to add a logo on the suit, that goes over different Mat-Zones? :ohh:

I usually grab an existing bump map or texture and make my own template from that. All you need to do is select the images background and then invert the selection.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited May 2012

DAC1 said:
    Decided to take advantage of the Genesis Bracers freebie. Had to re-add the item to my cart, which had cleared during sign-in. Got the system to accept (slowly) my $0.00 purchase, and it seemed to take forever "processing". I got the email confirmation last night for the order but the files were still "pending" all day today and could not be downloaded.

P.S. I'm not a New Member as it says, as I've been a member since 2005 as it says. This is also not my first post, though it says so.

Try resetting the item in order history. As long as the order shows complete, resets seems to be working. The pending status should change to available. That worked for me. :)

Good luck!

Post edited by SassyWench on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2012

I'm a bit disturbed that the store thinks I'm someone else when I'm not even logged in. Today I'm xxx with 47 items in my wishlist. Then when the store decided I wasn't xxx it still continued to show me "special prices" aka pc club prices.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited June 2012

O.K., if this is where we post to discuss website-related issues:

1. Who is xxx, and why does his name appear in the my login window every time I try to log into the new site?

2. After logging in successfully with MY name, why am I unable to save items to my wishlist -- everything crashes with some
    kind of security error.

3. Every iteration of the DAZ homepage has been slow to me -- this new iteration is especially so.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on