About to "BECOMING A DAZ 3D PUBLISHED ARTIST"

Hi everyone, I'm a Senior 3D Artist and i'm looking for the way to become Publish Artist of Daz3d but I Have some questions to need to be cleared.
This my first post may the same other people so. . . sorry about that.

First of all.
I have read everything in this article: https://www.daz3d.com/community/community-publishing
And I'm an traditional 3D Artist with standard software (Maya, Substance, Zbrush, PS....).
And my issue is the limition of knowledge about Daz3D (This not hard for me to improve it) But...

My Questions are:
1. Do i need to done everything inside of Daz3D to become a PA
2. OR my works just need to Satisfied the technical requirements inside of Daz3D and it's must look good in final Render so my products can reach the customers  ( Ex: I dont need to modeling inside Daz3D instead of my main DCC . . . but I can do anything As long as the product is good).
3. I'm an Asian 3D Artist do i able to become PA if possible.
3. Do you have any suggestion workflows for tradition 3D Artist like me (Maya to Daz3d and vice versal)

Thanks for your Helps and Best regard

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,783
    edited January 2020

DAZ Studio does not have a modelling ability anyway, so no, you do not have to model in it.

You do however have to import your models and apply all the textures and rig it within DAZStudio, and then make sure it is saved properly in the library. So you will have to take some time to learn the structure of DAZ Studio to perpare customer ready products.

...and there are PA's from all around the world

Post edited by RawArt on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,367
    edited January 2020

To clear something up: "Daz3D" is the company, and "Daz Studio" (often shortened to "DS") is the program.

I think most of the time you probably mean DS rather than Daz3D, but as some of your questions could be interpreted either way and the difference does significantly change the meaning in those cases, it would help if you could correct your post as appropriate.

1A) If you mean Daz3D: You do not need to sell all assets through Daz3D (several vendors also sell at other stores).
    1B) If you mean Daz Studio: It is not possible to do all the work inside Daz Studio. Although it has various import and rigging tools, it is not a modelling tool itself. That said, as RawArt mentions, the import and rigging process is essentially unavoidable, so some of the work has to be done in DS.

2) Daz3D primarily sells assets for Daz Studio. Although they do sometimes sell resources in interchange formats like OBJ or FBX, and many of their older products were designed for Poser, they are unlikely to accept submissions for products that do not have a version for Daz Studio.

3) Short of being based in a country which has something like a trade embargo with the United States, I don't believe there is any limitation on where a Published Artist is based.

4) I have no personal experience with Maya (I personally use Blender) so I can't offer much advice here.
    (Although for my definitions, I would argue that to me "Traditional 3D Art" would be sculpting/carving physical media such as clay, wood or stone, which I certainly wouldn't recommend as a method for creating models for DS, even if it is my main artistic background)

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Curious, got any examples of your work to see?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

There are a number of tutorials both sold here and on Youtube about creating content.  You might want to check some of those out for examples of workflow, packaging tips, promos, etc.  There will likely be some things like  rigging for Daz Studio that you may need to spend some time studying.

• that...is something i must have to further my skills.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,148

And read Sickleyields' info stuff at DeviantArt, especially this article she wrote about becoming a Daz PA.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

^ THAT TOO^

• RawArt said:

DAZ Studio does not have a modelling ability anyway, so no, you do not have to model in it.

You do however have to import your models and apply all the textures and rig it within DAZStudio, and then make sure it is saved properly in the library. So you will have to take some time to learn the structure of DAZ Studio to perpare customer ready products.

...and there are PA's from all around the world

To clear something up: "Daz3D" is the company, and "Daz Studio" (often shortened to "DS") is the program.

I think most of the time you probably mean DS rather than Daz3D, but as some of your questions could be interpreted either way and the difference does significantly change the meaning in those cases, it would help if you could correct your post as appropriate.

1A) If you mean Daz3D: You do not need to sell all assets through Daz3D (several vendors also sell at other stores).
    1B) If you mean Daz Studio: It is not possible to do all the work inside Daz Studio. Although it has various import and rigging tools, it is not a modelling tool itself. That said, as RawArt mentions, the import and rigging process is essentially unavoidable, so some of the work has to be done in DS.

2) Daz3D primarily sells assets for Daz Studio. Although they do sometimes sell resources in interchange formats like OBJ or FBX, and many of their older products were designed for Poser, they are unlikely to accept submissions for products that do not have a version for Daz Studio.

3) Short of being based in a country which has something like a trade embargo with the United States, I don't believe there is any limitation on where a Published Artist is based.

4) I have no personal experience with Maya (I personally use Blender) so I can't offer much advice here.
    (Although for my definitions, I would argue that to me "Traditional 3D Art" would be sculpting/carving physical media such as clay, wood or stone, which I certainly wouldn't recommend as a method for creating models for DS, even if it is my main artistic background)

Thanks RawArt and Matt_Castle,
    To confirm with Matt_Castle, I mean the Daz Studio instead of Daz3D ( I a bit confuse about this because of lack infomation)
    With your huge information i can visulize what to do. Finally, I can free to do modeling and texture stuffs outside of Daz Studio and then import back to DS to Render, do Rigging and learn the DS structure folder where my data should be.

about the "Tradition 3D Art" i mean the old school way to make 3D Model (Modeling in Maya, Texture in Substance...etc)  sorry about that i have used wrong words to explain that.

But one more question is:
    Do i able to make a full custom 3D model  (Like Clothes, Armor, Creatures... without edit base on the DS model topology and texturing...etc) i know there will be rigging issues involve.

Curious, got any examples of your work to see?

I'm not sure it's possible to post it here or not but you can view that on my Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ConnorDang92/photos?lst=100011179808521%3A100011179808521%3A1579577535

Sevrin said:

There are a number of tutorials both sold here and on Youtube about creating content.  You might want to check some of those out for examples of workflow, packaging tips, promos, etc.  There will likely be some things like  rigging for Daz Studio that you may need to spend some time studying.

I'm sure to check a lot of them but if you have a good tutorials i love to learn from it too :)

• A bit OT, but I looked at your very nice models, Conner Dang, and especially liked the art deco style cat. Daz has not had an updated housecat in years- might be a great entry point for you!