Hair Products

usahawansufi6c2usahawansufi6c2 Posts: 30
edited January 2020 in Product Suggestions

So not a long while back, I was looking OOT hair products on the store page at Renderosity, including the more recent ones here as well just to draw a comparison.

I think there are just too many short hair as opposed to longer hair products today.

OOT has among the nicest looking long hair products from Genesis 2 era then   (Cece hair, Miranda hair, Nicki hair, Adriana hair, Maria hair, Curlicious hair, Laura, Becky, IsaBelle, just to name a few). 

Why are Daz3D artists not making more of these instead of the boring, formulaic bob cut, tail or updo hairs?

In fact, I would be happy if OOT could do remastered versions of the G2 hair products as mentioned above for G8 figures. I am sure a lot of people would be throwing their money for them.

Not just OOT, other artists here should try making more long hair products too, just to break the current onslaught of short hair products taking over the store, most of which are so plain boring, in my opinion.   

Post edited by usahawansufi6c2 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,122

The answer to almost any question about why the store has so many or few of a certain type of content is because that’s what does or does not sell. 

• In fact, I would be happy if OOT could do remastered versions of the G2 hair products as mentioned above for G8 figures. I am sure a lot of people would be throwing their money for them.

Hair usually works fairly well across generations. If autofit doesn't look good, you can usually parent the hair to the head. Add in the OOT "Iray Pair" hair shaders from Rendo and you get those old hairs looking great on modern figures.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553

Personally I find conforming long hair to not look right as it usually doesn''t lay as it should in real life. if you want realistic long hair, use one of the dforce ones. See this thread for examples https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/378081/linday-appreciation/p1