Linday appreciation

ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,888
edited January 2020 in The Commons

Just want to thank Linday for creating such amazing items, like the latest one:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-wet-and-dry-boyfriend-shirt-dress-for-genesis-8-females

Please post your renders and thoughts about Linday items.

Ardasin02pic05.jpg
1200 x 1200 - 220K
Post edited by Artini on

Comments

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

I love everything I own from Linday - especialy the hair. Always a go-to vendor, and I get excited when I see new products! Top notch quality - thank you, Linday!

Most of my renders are too big for here, but I managed to get a couple in!

These three are my FAVOURITE hairs:

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-wavy-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

https://www.daz3d.com/side-layered-messy-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

KateTopShot.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    EyePortrait.png
    1429 x 2000 - 4M
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601
    edited January 2020
    Thyranq said:

I love everything I own from Linday - especialy the hair. Always a go-to vendor, and I get excited when I see new products! Top notch quality - thank you, Linday!

Agreed. these, along with Bang Bob and my all time fav, Classic Long Curly Hair are my go to hairs for most of my renders. I also love her HD Dark Knight for DAZ Horse 2, it took the Horse 2 to a whole new level.

kalaaa.jpg
    1320 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Yeah I've been eyeing the Dark Knight one for a while now. I don't really use the horse much, so I haven't nabbed it yet, but it's coming soon, cause I got an image in my head that I'll need it for. I just nabbed the Classic Long Curly Hair, and the Boyfriend Dress Shirt, so the Bang Bob and the Dark Knight I think are all that's left from what I want that I haven't bought yet. Awesome renders, folks!

Resized some more renders so I could fit em here:

CrystalDynamicPortraitResized.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 612K
    DarcyCurlyHair.jpg
    763 x 1080 - 516K
    KateHDPortraitResized.jpg
    1400 x 1980 - 1M
    KateSoftPortraitResized.jpg
    1131 x 1600 - 1M
  • CricketCricket Posts: 437
    edited January 2020

These use Classic Long Curly hair.

As does my avatar.

Lola Cute 2.png
    565 x 800 - 487K
    Lola Table.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Cricket on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited January 2020

Linday hair is truly amazing. I really really really hope they stick with the cloth shader for dForce rather than moving entirely over to the new hair system...because whatever witchcraft they do to make it, it looks way better than any of the strand-based hair coming out. The only hair I have left on my wishlist that I've never seen anybody tackle (in recent times) is something you'd see Lagertha sport on Vikings. My shield-maiden babes totally need some of that action. 

Also, the Dark Knight HD brought Daz Horse 2 back to the forefront...totally great. Only thing left now is I'd love some Linday magic on new dForce mane/tail/feather props for him. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2020

One of my favorite 3D Artisits.

The New Look.jpg
    835 x 1080 - 538K
    Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    Thyranq said:

Is the Kate from your last render from the shop? All your render looks nice but she looks really nice .

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Linday dForce hair? Nothing better (so far) and there are very few equals yesyes

Thyranq said:

Is the Kate from your last render from the shop? All your render looks nice but she looks really nice .

Thanks!

Nothing "out of the box". It's a character that I started working with in September when I finally got a computer and could get back into DAZ. She's "evolved" over time, as I get new items, & fiddle with settings.

I have no idea what morphs I've applied anymore lol - she's a blend of a whole bunch of different ones from morph packs and characters. Materials-wise, here's the current make-up.

The skin is slightly modified from Penny 8 by DAZ (two faces - one for the skin, one for the lips), with Kala 8 normal maps and Victoria 8 HD morphs (body and head)

The eyes are from Elysa from Raiya. I can't remember what I use for her nails. I think they're usually something from Mousso, or sometimes left alone.

And of course I usually couple that with some awesome Linday hair!

Glad you like her!

Thyranq said:

Thyranq said:

Thanks!

Nothing "out of the box". It's a character that I started working with in September when I finally got a computer and could get back into DAZ. She's "evolved" over time, as I get new items, & fiddle with settings.

I have no idea what morphs I've applied anymore lol - she's a blend of a whole bunch of different ones from morph packs and characters. Materials-wise, here's the current make-up.

The skin is slightly modified from Penny 8 by DAZ (two faces - one for the skin, one for the lips), with Kala 8 normal maps and Victoria 8 HD morphs (body and head)

The eyes are from Elysa from Raiya. I can't remember what I use for her nails. I think they're usually something from Mousso, or sometimes left alone.

Glad you like her!

Yes, she's really beautiful, nice job on her! Penny has the brows included in the texture right?

And which hair is it? Is it https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-wavy-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females but somehow not wavy anymore?

Thyranq said:

Thyranq said:

Thanks!

Glad you like her!

Yes, she's really beautiful, nice job on her! Penny has the brows included in the texture right?

And which hair is it? Is it https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-wavy-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females but somehow not wavy anymore?

Oh right, the brows! Yes, Penny comes with brows & textures, but they don't line up with the Kala normal maps, so I'm using Kala's brows to match up.

One of the hairs is https://www.daz3d.com/side-layered-messy-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females and the other is https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

Thyranq said:
    Thyranq said:

Thyranq said:

Thanks!

Glad you like her!

Oh right, the brows! Yes, Penny comes with brows & textures, but they don't line up with the Kala normal maps, so I'm using Kala's brows to match up.

One of the hairs is https://www.daz3d.com/side-layered-messy-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females and the other is https://www.daz3d.com/classic-long-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-females

It's funny how those 2 pieces of hair were the ones ones from Linday that I didn't already own or were not in my wishlist. They are in my wishlist now :).

The side layered messy hair is probably my favourite hair that I own - takes a while to drape, but it's worth it!

• SLMH seems a bit slow on my machine too. About 10-15 mins for a simulation. Could be worse, but it's good to hear it's a relatively slow one. Anyway, I'm slowly getting to learn how to use SLMH and I rather like many of the results. It's my only Linday product, but probably won't be the last.

SLMH seems a bit slow on my machine too. About 10-15 mins for a simulation. Could be worse, but it's good to hear it's a relatively slow one. Anyway, I'm slowly getting to learn how to use SLMH and I rather like many of the results. It's my only Linday product, but probably won't be the last.

yeah, these hairs are kinda heavy on resources, but he end result is worth it IMO

Funny, lots of my image involve bodies laying down or in non standing poses, so i need hair that will drape realistically. I purchased a dforce strand based hair from PhilW to check out the tech to see how it would work and look compared to these types of hairs. It works great, drapes well and takes less reources, so i was hoping Lindey would make some hair using this method. Well she has, but so far i haven't liked the styles and I am waiting for more offerings from her.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I like Linday's dforce (cloth) hair, but was interested to see what they made of strand-based hair, and have both their products; I like them a lot. I pretty much only used strand-based hair now - unless I need a style they can't accommodate.

The virgin hair is great, but can take a while to sim; but changing the gravity and tweaking other settings can give some great variation within the constraints of the style.

Hoping Linday does more strand-based dforce hair - with the emphasis on strand-based.

nicstt said:

I like Linday's dforce (cloth) hair, but was interested to see what they made of strand-based hair, and have both their products; I like them a lot. I pretty much only used strand-based hair now - unless I need a style they can't accommodate.

The virgin hair is great, but can take a while to sim; but changing the gravity and tweaking other settings can give some great variation within the constraints of the style.

Hoping Linday does more strand-based dforce hair - with the emphasis on strand-based.

good to know. Do you have any renders showing how it drapes in non standing positions?

• Thyranq said:

Agreed. these, along with Bang Bob and my all time fav, Classic Long Curly Hair are my go to hairs for most of my renders. I also love her HD Dark Knight for DAZ Horse 2, it took the Horse 2 to a whole new level.

Pretty sure I own the outfit where the bra is part of. But don't remember the name. Could you please identify. Thanks!

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707
    edited January 2020

Yes, I love the hair, too! Here's a pic with Classic Long Curly Hair.

remiss_730_auto.png
    730 x 730 - 592K
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,109
    edited January 2020

Here's one of my efforts with SLMH. And dForce clothing - finally got it so the combination did not crash the video driver.

Aniyah 03a R02.jpg
    1025 x 923 - 137K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • LindayLinday Posts: 85

Hi everyone, thanks for your amazing support, renders are great and we really like to see your work with "our" products... 

Perhaps you as users are more experienced in working with several hair products, and you are able to compare hair systems and their pros and cons. It'd be quite useful for us to know what works for you and when ( poses, scenes, lighting...) 

Thanks,

Linda and Richard 

Linday said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your amazing support, renders are great and we really like to see your work with "our" products... 

Perhaps you as users are more experienced in working with several hair products, and you are able to compare hair systems and their pros and cons. It'd be quite useful for us to know what works for you and when ( poses, scenes, lighting...) 

Thanks,

Linda and Richard 

Hi, very nice to see you want feedback. It is always a sign of a good content developer.

I am pretty new to Daz so I don't know if this is strictly possible but if it is I would love to see some form of rigged hair. A hair that I could pose with controls just like I pose body parts. I don't know why there isn't such a product yet, maybe it is not possible from a technical point of view.

If it is however, for me it would be by far the best hair ever. If it has dForce on top, even better but even without dForce, if I could pose it I would be more than happy with it.

Linday said:

Thanks,

Linda and Richard 

My only complaint with any of the hairs I've purchased is that sometimes, depending on the pose, it's hard to get the hair to stay out of the character's face without completely draping it behind the shoulders.

I noticed in another dforce hair product that I picke up from PhilW during the weekend sale that there's face shields included to prevent this - maybe something like that could be incorporated?

I don't usually have an issue with it, really, and the few times I do I can find a work-around, but something "out of the box" might be welcomed for new-to-dforce users perhaps.

SLMH seems a bit slow on my machine too. About 10-15 mins for a simulation. Could be worse, but it's good to hear it's a relatively slow one. Anyway, I'm slowly getting to learn how to use SLMH and I rather like many of the results. It's my only Linday product, but probably won't be the last.

I find that one, and classic long hair the slowest.

you can speed it up a bit by stripping out all the textures (I have a shader preset that that pulls all the maps, and leaves it as just a diffuse colour - tends to help a little)

Also, there's a setting under the simulation settings where you can set the quality of the drape. By default it's set to "best" - I almost always use "better" and haven't noticed any difference, except it drapes a bit quicker.

• I haven't played much with simulation (SolidWorks Simulation stress analysis is part of my daily working life and it's nice to play with something different) so I'll try your suggestion, Thyranq. Thanks.

edited January 2020
    Linday said:

Thanks,

Linda and Richard 

Also, I'd love to see you guys do a ponytail!laugh

As for usage, personally I don't have any issue with any of the products I've purchased, save the tiny gripe I've mentioned in my previous comment, which, as I said, is not a common issue, and I can work around it.

The morphs included are almost always enough to set up a good drape, often times without starting from the default pose.

Materials - you guys are rocking those! There's so many colour options included it's hard to not find one that suits, and they render beautifully in just about every light I've thrown at them.

You're honestly one of the few vendors that excite me when you release something, and everything I've purchased is TOP quality. Your promo images are amazing, too, by the way!

Post edited by Thyranq on
    Thyranq said:

I would love to see a slicked back (optional widows peak), high ponytail with vairable tail lengths with dforce myself.

As for textures, I like the options for existing hairs, but I find them way to shiny and usually have to tweak and make new presets for them.

Thyranq said:

I would love to see a slicked back (optional widows peak), high ponytail with vairable tail lengths with dforce myself.

With lots of bang options!