The Callie Outfit poke through

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340

I got this outfit a while back when I got the Stephanie Pro Bundle, and am trying to use it for the first time.

The outfit works fine on V4 and Stephanie 4, as long as their breasts are small, but as soon I as increase the size a bit I get poke through of the "bra", I tried using increasing smoothing iterations, that made it worse!

Is there a fix for this that I am just missing?

Amy

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

If the 'vest' thing is a separate clothing item from the 'bra' add a geometry shell of the figure and set the offset so it is just above the 'bra'. Change the Smooth Modifier on the 'vest' to the shell instead of the figure.

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

The top is one piece, though you can get rid of the vest or the bra, but they don't seem to be separately adjustable beyond that. Because it is reading as "one" I can't set the collision for the bra, instead of V4, if that makes sense?

Amy

calliedressbase.jpg
    1146 x 777 - 128K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you try playing with the included morphs?
    BreastsCleavage
    BreastsDiameter
    BreastsFlatten
    BreastsHangForward
    BreastsImplant
    BreastsLarge
    BreastsNatural
    BreastsSize
    That's what the store page says ...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

This may be one of the few items where smoothing modifiers make things worse...and using the built in morphs is going to be the only way to use it...

Ideally, it would be best if it was two separate pieces, but you can load two copies of it (this so you have full control over all the options...instances and geo-shells are only giving you 'half' the control for each), on the first copy, you set the 'white' parts invisible, leaving the bra. The other is the opposite. Then you fit the one with the invisible everything else to your model...and the other one is fit to that one.

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

@ Kerya
    The morphs on V4 or the outfit?
    If I reduce the breast size yes the poke through problem goes away.

@mjc1016
    That is a good suggestion! Thank you!

Amy

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Yes the problem with layered clothing like this and the Smooth Modifier is it is a collision calculation, so the top layer of the clothing gets passed through the lower layer(s) in order to 'colliding' with figure

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Yes the problem with layered clothing like this and the Smooth Modifier is it is a collision calculation, so the top layer of the clothing gets passed through the lower layer(s) in order to 'colliding' with figure

That's why separate pieces are better..you stack them so the top lay is colliding with the layer beneath it and so on....