Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

The "View These Artist Together" link (https://www.daz3d.com/related-items#filter_vendor=ARTCollab^Ironman13^Neikdian&filtered=1) for the 70% off Flash Sale is not working for me. It shows 0 of 684 items available, but if I click each vendor link individually, there are hundreds of items. I am using Chrome and Daz Deals version 2.4.6. I don't see an available Daz Deals update, although other people have mentioned a version 2.4.7, but I think that is for Firefox.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Is there a way to hide a whole category of items you never intend to purchase?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

You can hide items that are for a certain program only. For example hide items that are for Vue only, or for Poser only, since you would not (easily) be able to use these in Daz Studio.

It's not possible to hide all of the hair items, for example--only if you hide them one by one.

Ati said:

You can hide items that are for a certain program only. For example hide items that are for Vue only, or for Poser only, since you would not (easily) be able to use these in Daz Studio.

It's not possible to hide all of the hair items, for example--only if you hide them one by one.

I was thinking of categories like fuzzies, furries, Star and Laroo. No interest in those. Poser dynamics I'd hide, but some Poser items for the older generations can be made to work in DS, so hiding all Poser items not ideal. I don't see that many items for Vue or Cararra so not hiding them is no big deal. It's just that sometimes when I sort the whole store by price, I have to wade through a lot of items I don't need.

I tried the sort by % discount, but perhaps I'm not clear on how it works. It seemed like the prices were random.

Ati said:

I was thinking of categories like fuzzies, furries, Star and Laroo. No interest in those.

There's no way hide those other than one by one.

• Very nice, except for the feature that tells me how much I've spent. I...really don't want to think about how much I've spent on Studio.

You could just have it say, "Almost enough! You just need to buy one more thing!. Just one more and you'll be good!"

Because that's how it seems to work in real life, anyway.

The Brig said:

Very nice, except for the feature that tells me how much I've spent. I...really don't want to think about how much I've spent on Studio.

You could just have it say, "Almost enough! You just need to buy one more thing!. Just one more and you'll be good!"

Because that's how it seems to work in real life, anyway.

That's exactly why that feature is turned off by default. :) Only turn it on if you're prepared. :D REALLY prepared... :D

• Well, you could turn it into a teaser e.g. when turned on it asks "how much do you think you've spent" before revealing the total laugh

• rav4rav4 Posts: 96

The multiple wishlists is a nice idea. But everytime I open wishlist page, it shows no products in page, it just says calculating for over 3 minutes, asking about every 20 sec if i want to 'wait' or 'exit' every daz page (like in other tabs or windows). Eventually it shows products, but I'm not gonna wait 3 minutes plus everytime i go to see wishlist. So I've turned that feature off. Otherwise, this daz deals plugin is really helpful.

Probably I have too many products in wishlist.

rav4 said:

The multiple wishlists is a nice idea. But everytime I open wishlist page, it shows no products in page, it just says calculating for over 3 minutes, asking about every 20 sec if i want to 'wait' or 'exit' every daz page (like in other tabs or windows). Eventually it shows products, but I'm not gonna wait 3 minutes plus everytime i go to see wishlist. So I've turned that feature off. Otherwise, this daz deals plugin is really helpful.

Is this with a Firefox browser, by any chance?

If you are fine with sharing this info: how many product do you have in your wishlist? I've had over a thousand, and Chrome had no issues, but I know Firefox is having a hard time with the calculations.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,867
    edited November 2019

My understanding is that Firefox inserted some sort of internal restriction on the sharing of cookies between domains.  I know this because it tripped up someone else's project where they'd added a clever way to let people select their 3D avatar, or some other such feature, in a web-browser-based virtual world system, and it completely stopped working on Firefox, but worked fine on all other browsers, because of that one change in Firefox.  0o  I wonder if that might be what's at work here.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • rav4rav4 Posts: 96
    Ati said:
    rav4 said:

Is this with a Firefox browser, by any chance?

If you are fine with sharing this info: how many product do you have in your wishlist? I've had over a thousand, and Chrome had no issues, but I know Firefox is having a hard time with the calculations.

I'm using Chrome, but on a mac. 1800+ products. (Not that I think I would buy that many, but if I like the idea of the product, or the promo pics, or as idea reference, I've been wishlisting them. I probably need to change this method I've gotten into! )

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

My understanding is that Firefox inserted some sort of internal restriction on the sharing of cookies between domains.  I know this because it tripped up someone else's project where they'd added a clever way to let people select their 3D avatar, or some other such feature, in a web-browser-based virtual world system, and it completely stopped working on Firefox, but worked fine on all other browsers, because of that one change in Firefox.  0o  I wonder if that might be what's at work here.

I have the problem on one machine. Others are fine, and I use Firefox everywhere.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 2019

Does DAZ Deals work with Chrome on an Apple IPAD mini (IOS operating system)?  I got a new IPAD mini for Christmas and installed Chrome. Then I tried to install DAZ Deals and it says it is "Added to Desktop" but it is not showing up in Chrome. Where did I go wrong?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • My word. I've spent more than my (used but servicable) car is worth on DAZ products over the years. I am astounded! This add-on is great, though. Thanks, Ati and Overdrawn. smiley

• This post is 74 pages - too long to read through to find this answer, so I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but...I finally broke down yesterday and installed the DAZ Deals Browser. I use Google Chrome and it worked fine. Thanks for making it. I especially enjoyed seeing only products I've purchased. However, I noticed this morning that YouTube was giving me an error message, "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available." Upon investigating, the error occurs due to browser extensions. I deleted the DAZ Deals Browser and the YouTube error went away. Have others experienced this and is there a fix? Thanks!

This post is 74 pages - too long to read through to find this answer, so I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but...I finally broke down yesterday and installed the DAZ Deals Browser. I use Google Chrome and it worked fine. Thanks for making it. I especially enjoyed seeing only products I've purchased. However, I noticed this morning that YouTube was giving me an error message, "Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available." Upon investigating, the error occurs due to browser extensions. I deleted the DAZ Deals Browser and the YouTube error went away. Have others experienced this and is there a fix? Thanks!

This extension does not influence or interact with YouTube in any way.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

I use Chrome and the browser add-on and have not had any problems with YouTube videos.

Dana

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited January 2020

Does DAZ Deals work with Chrome on an Apple IPAD mini (IOS operating system)?  I got a new IPAD mini for Christmas and installed Chrome. Then I tried to install DAZ Deals and it says it is "Added to Desktop" but it is not showing up in Chrome. Where did I go wrong?

Any ideas on installing DAZ Deals on my iPad mini with Chrome insaalled?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Any ideas on installing DAZ Deals on my iPad mini with Chrome insaalled?

Let's ping @Overdrawn in on this.

• Thank you so much, Overdrawn!  This looks like it will be very useful.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,407

This is a useful plugin. Thanks! :)

This plugin has some great functionality, but on the main store page, it causes Firefox to slow down so much, there's a popup asking if I want to disable the plugin. Every time I go to a page with lots of sub pages, like a big sale, it happens there too.

This plugin has some great functionality, but on the main store page, it causes Firefox to slow down so much, there's a popup asking if I want to disable the plugin. Every time I go to a page with lots of sub pages, like a big sale, it happens there too.

Disable the "hide items" feature, that should speed things up even on Firefox.

edited January 2020
    Ati said:

You mean hide items I already own? >> NVM, that fixed it. I haven't used the script's Hide Items feature anyway. Thanks!

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
    Ati said:

You mean hide items I already own? >> NVM, that fixed it. I haven't used the script's Hide Items feature anyway. Thanks!

I meant on the options page. I hope that's what you found. :) If it works faster now, then great!

Ati said:
    Ati said:

I meant on the options page. I hope that's what you found. :) If it works faster now, then great!

Yup. TYVM.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

Where are one's wishlist comments stored?  Major issues with my main/desktop computer (which had all the comments) so I am now using the laptop.  I would like to retrieve the desktop's comment list from a cloud backup and put in on the laptop, but need to know what filename I should be looking-for...

Thanks for this add-on...  I can't imagine shopping at Daz without it!!!!

HeavyRay said:

Where are one's wishlist comments stored?  Major issues with my main/desktop computer (which had all the comments) so I am now using the laptop.  I would like to retrieve the desktop's comment list from a cloud backup and put in on the laptop, but need to know what filename I should be looking-for...

Thanks for this add-on...  I can't imagine shopping at Daz without it!!!!

Wishlist comments are stored on the Daz site, in your wishlist. That's a standard feature of the store, we just make use of it. :) They should be the same wherever you log in.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Has anyone successfully installed Daz Deals addon on Chromium Edge?

I saw on the first page the Overdrawn thought it might be able to use the Chrome version, but when I tried to download it, I instead was directed to download Chrome, which I have already, but avoid using on this computer.

If you have any way I can add the addon to Chromium Edge I would appreciate it. I have found Edge to be one browser that does not leave cookies and crap in my computer, and would like to keep using it.

Thanks

Mary

This discussion has been closed.