3DBuzz Is Closed Everything Free

To the powers that be...aka...Daz mods, please make sure this is in the right place.

3DBuzz is no more, Jason Busby passed away from cancer and the rest of the group decided to offer everything for free and shut down the site.

Everything is available, that being all tutorial courses, models and textures for multiple programs, everything is up for grabs.

Watch the video about it here...

The website with download links is here...

https://www.3dbuzz.com/

If you prefer larger downloads you can check the reddit site where people are putting together packages for anyone to download...

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/ekhzsd/3dbuzz_closing_doors_all_content_released_for_free/

Their Youtube Channel is here...

https://www.youtube.com/user/3DBuzz/videos

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2020

Thanks, Faeryl Womyn!

Are these blender 101 tutorials my first step into modelling? Who knooooooooows...

Here's the direct link to the torrent that contains everything: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1dFJUPDDSZomYDwtvEY4Oh_hOWwVRx7SW

Post edited by Hylas on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

Thank You so much. Just what I needed. Any info how long it will stay up?

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275

I am so sorry to hear of his passing 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Condolences to friends ^ family of Jason Busby.

• Sad to hear about his passing, though I never heard of 3D Buzz until I discovered this thread.  I had originally thought 3D Buzz was actually a blog and nothing more.

Regarding the free downloads, are there any hairstyles, clothing items, and buildings/scenes from that site that I could download?  I checked the main page, found nothing in terms of those.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

I grabbed a huge bunch of art videos and the Zbrush ones

not much else of the other stuff I could use as don't use the other expensive softwares or do code

and @EightiesIsEnough it's largely tutorials

• so sorry to hear! sad

thanks for the links

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158
    Hylas said:

Are these blender 101 tutorials my first step into modelling? Who knooooooooows...

You may also find the 3DS Max and ZBrush tutorials useful, because there’s a lot of overlap in functionality between 3D modeling apps. Sure, some things will have different names, there will be different menu locations, keyboard shortcuts, etc., but most things you can do in any given modeler, you can do in any other; what differences there are in native functionality can generally be overcome by plugins.

Thanks for the torrent link. I think sofar I’ve only downloaded the Max tutorials, but may follow my own advice soon and grab the rest. 

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Are the download links still open? I went to the 3DBuzz page and clicked on the links to the zip files and nothing happens. I never knew about 3DBuzz before now and I to am sorry to hear about the loss of the founder.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited January 2020

Did you click on the 3Dbuzz.torrent link? It looks like the individual files are no longer available on the web page and can only be obtained through the torrent.

All files listed below are available on this torrent: 3dbuzz.torrent. Big thanks to the community for keeping this alive!

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Did you click on the 3Dbuzz.torrent link? It looks like the individual files are no longer available on the web page and can only be obtained through the torrent.

All files listed below are available on Ithis torrent: 3dbuzz.torrent. Big thanks to the community for keeping this alive!

I clicked on that and something seems to have download4d but it doesn't work.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,158

Did you click on the 3Dbuzz.torrent link? It looks like the individual files are no longer available on the web page and can only be obtained through the torrent.

All files listed below are available on Ithis torrent: 3dbuzz.torrent. Big thanks to the community for keeping this alive!

Do you have a torrent client?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited January 2020

That downloads a small torrent file which allows you to download the files. In order to use the file you will need a torrent client such as bitTorrent. Here is a link to an explanation of torrents and recommends some client applications: https://www.techradar.com/best/free-torrent-client

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • So sorry for your loss! Thanks to all y'all for making his work available, so his legacy can live on.