Perspective Control for DAZ Studio

Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
edited January 2020 in Freebies

I've dropped a freebie over at rendo called Perspective Control for DAZ Studio:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/perspective-control-for-daz-studio/84158

I think this will be quite useful for experimenting with and tweaking perspective in a scene that has already been set up, to get a more dynamic or interesting composition.  The slider in the modal dialog box manipulates the camera to give the now familiar "dolly zoom" effect which was first seen in Hitchcock's Vertigo.  The angle of view (Focal Length), the camera position and the Focal Distance are all changed simultaneously, thus maintaining the focal plane.  The arrangement and size of the subject or subjects along the focal plane will appear constant while the perspective view of the foreground and background objects will change.

As well as the slider, I've also put in some radio buttons to set exact focal lengths of 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 65mm, 85mm and 135mm.  The slider range is between 10mm and 150mm.  Outside this range I did not feel the control would be as useful.

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions please let me know.

Post edited by Cayman Studios on

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,209

Thank you, will help give me more to attempt in my renders. I always try to not use different angles and positions for my renders and this will give a new look to them.

• I also downloaded it and it is very usefull. If I did animation in Daz I would use it more.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Thanks!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

thanks

• Grea tool, but I think it broke after 4.22

• OldNorthridge said:

Grea tool, but I think it broke after 4.22

I have 4.22 installed and the Perspective Control is working OK.  Could you have another look and if it's still not working on your PC let me know precisely what is happening? 

• Thanks !

• RbugRbug Posts: 166

Works nicely thank you, I like it

• Cayman Studios said:

OldNorthridge said:

Grea tool, but I think it broke after 4.22

I have 4.22 installed and the Perspective Control is working OK.  Could you have another look and if it's still not working on your PC let me know precisely what is happening? 

Yeah, still wonky for me. The control between the different lenses seems off, like the dialled area is smaller but pushing and pulling it makes it far more exaggerated. Might try reinstalling it.