The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

To those in the Northern Hemisphere, stay warm; Those in the Southern Hemisphere, keep cool. Those closer to the Equator...well you're probably used to the temps you get. :)

weather.JPG
    562 x 735 - 132K
    edited December 1969

Anybody ever hear from Skiriki? She hasn't been on the Forums since September. :down:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Anybody ever hear from Skiriki? She hasn't been on the Forums since September. :down:

Posted a live journal in November :)

http://skiriki.livejournal.com/

edited December 1969

Real nice day here. We have haze? *peers*

w.png
    216 x 171 - 18K
    edited December 1969

Daydreaming about perfect water. If only ours wasn't the shipwreck coast I would get on the water a little more I guess :lol:

water0144.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 110K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Daydreaming about perfect water. If only ours wasn't the shipwreck coast I would get on the water a little more I guess :lol:

i like the whale watching trips :)

edited December 1969

ohhh darlin save the last dance for me ... cha .. cha .. cha

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited January 2014

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    i don't need to worry about Bubby waiting for me to get home this storm. don't have to worry about shoveling a doggy potty area.

*hugs*

thanks

hoping his spirit is still with me, i still greet him "sweety i'm home". 8 year habit.

Happy memories are worth keeping hey :)

I'm going to try to make some Indian curry sauce tonight :)

curry should warm you up :)

Going for the asploding mouth Oscar Mike Golf quick pass the water kinda sauce hehe :)
    +1 *hugs for empty Bubby-sized gap in life*

Missing Skiriki and Teh Loachy too (,_,)...

Also, for cooling down 'curry-mouth', recommend a glass of milk, rather than water. Alternatively, a nice bowl of cucumber raita (extra yoghurt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and cucumber). $0.02c (^_^)d

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

i like the whale watching trips :)

The old whaling towns are great to visit but demanding to live in, remote and stormy and dry, very very dry with treacherous currents and cliffs and this whole cave system thing going on underground.

c.jpg
    750 x 500 - 68K
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    i don't need to worry about Bubby waiting for me to get home this storm. don't have to worry about shoveling a doggy potty area.

*hugs*

thanks

hoping his spirit is still with me, i still greet him "sweety i'm home". 8 year habit.

Happy memories are worth keeping hey :)

I'm going to try to make some Indian curry sauce tonight :)

curry should warm you up :)

Going for the asploding mouth Oscar Mike Golf quick pass the water kinda sauce hehe :)
    +1 *hugs for empty Bubby-sized gap in life*

Missing Skiriki and Teh Loachy too (,_,)...

Also, for cooling down 'curry-mouth', recommend a glass of milk, rather than water. Alternatively, a nice bowl of cucumber raita (extra yoghurt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and cucumber). $0.02c (^_^)d

Lots of yoghurt and cucumber for us tonight, the curry was hot, had better but was OK :)

edited December 1969

Peppers, curry, pretty much all "hot" foods are metabolized as alkalis. If the burning sensation becomes a bit much, anything mildly acidic can neutralize the burn. Foods containing lactic acid like dairy products are often served with spicy dishes for the purpose of controlling the effects: sour cream or cheese, for example. My favorite would be ice cream. :lol:

Bowl_of_chili_with_sour_cream_and_cheese_2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 114K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Complaint: No ebot notices again.

Winter wonderland here, but finally it stopped and is sunny. Now comes the brushing and shoveling.

Dana

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Ordered myself a CD copy of Civilization II and two of its expansions - "Test of Time" and "Fantastic Worlds".

Was a bit of a payment hassle at first since it defaulted to an expired card of mine for some reason, then took a while to get the payment method switched to my newer card - which I had to enter for each of the three packages for some reason *huffs*

I've been told CivII won't run on Windows 7 without some tweaks or something, but hey once I have the discs I've got all the time in the world to figure it out :)

There's carnivorous plant monsters in Test of Time?

Civ2_ToT_Chon-ee.gif
    62 x 63 - 2K
    edited January 2014

mission aborted what a disaster this morning,

i didn't want to lose a day's pay, so when they announce the buses would start running at 9, i went out in the blizzard thinking i'd wait in the bagel place

never ever occurred to me the bagel place wouldn't be open.

toes so cold ohhhhhh

140103.jpg
    379 x 263 - 41K
    140103a.jpg
    411 x 519 - 67K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Morning. Off to sit around in cross town traffic, don't know what would happen if it snowed here, a little rain slows everything down something shocking :)

edited December 1969

Buzz.

Fly_Girl,Ballerina.jpg
    640 x 800 - 205K
    edited January 2014

hey great, come fly with me ? :lol:

Big snow is making the radio news here, hope everyone is OK it all sounds quite alarming. Gentle rain here, and temperate. Further north it is the hottest day evah :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

loading slowwwww

sigh

brr brr shvrrrr

edited January 2014

Sounds cold sweetie :) Come over all grey today, we got another storm blowing in, everything except the parrots seems to have skedaddled from our garden :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Sounds cold sweetie :) Come over all grey today, we got another storm blowing in, everything except the parrots seems to have skedaddled from our garden :)

That sounds ominous. And scary. Be safe!

Dana

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Buzz.

nice Blowie job tjohn!
    Zwen and Zwetka
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Parrots seeking shelter? :)
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

That sounds ominous. And scary. Be safe!

Dana

deadparrotwinfail.jpg
    482 x 387 - 67K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Buzz.

nice Blowie job tjohn!
    Zwen and Zwetka
    From Tchaikovsky's less popular ballet Blowfly Lake. :)
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Parrots seeking shelter? :)

Parrots are notoriously dumb birds. Don't know whether this storm is going to break over us, pressure dropped and the clouds are awful black but there is a stiff wind off the bay and godrays in the sky. Heh typical Melbourne weather this time of year :lol:

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited January 2014

Complaint: I downloaded a free addon for a program for Windows XP. The file is in .tar.gz. Huh? I never heard of people using .tar.gz with Windows. Now I need a free program to decompress the .tar.gz file.

Edit: Arg! The file contains the source code for the plugin. So now I need to learn how to compile the plugin?? Geez. I did not find a binary (.dll ) file. The readme file says:

(plugin name) requires gcc 2.95 (or better) as the C++ compiler

Edit 2: I found the binary files for Windows 32 bit. Why did the website hide the link?? Talk about bad website design.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited January 2014

Complaint: I downloaded a free addon for a program for Windows XP. The file is in .tar.gz. Huh? I never heard of people using .tar.gz with Windows. Now I need a free program to decompress the .tar.gz file.

Edit: Arg! The file contains the source code for the plugin. So now I need to learn how to compile the plugin?? Geez. I did not find a binary (.dll ) file. The readme file says:

Edit 2: I found the binary files for Windows 32 bit. Why did the website hide the link?? Talk about bad website design.

No problem, TAR it is a unix TapeARchive file with GZip compression, whatever the latest and greatest unarchiver is will decompress those :) Oh you did all that, is just coder stuff :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

No problem, TAR it is a unix TapeARchive file with GZip compression, whatever the latest and greatest unarchiver is will decompress those :)
    I copied that to Google Translate. I think I broke it. :bug:

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Yes, the website placed the link to the code at the top of the download page. The title to the link was something like: "Download the latest version." There is no mention that the .tar.gz file is the source code. There was also no mention on which links or directory on the FTP server has the compiled binary. Ugg.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

No problem, TAR it is a unix TapeARchive file with GZip compression, whatever the latest and greatest unarchiver is will decompress those :)
    I copied that to Google Translate. I think I broke it. :bug:

9OO9l3 DO35n7 5p33k 3l173 7h3n? try http://www.jayssite.com/stuff/l33t/l33t_translator.html
    :coolsmile:

This discussion has been closed.