Olympia 6 Discussion and Render Thread (previously Olympia 6 Preview Thread)

Comments

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
    edited December 1969

Wow! these are wonderful renders and I love the look of Olympia, the new HD morphs look great too...looks like I'll have to hit the shop;)

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 2013

Here's my Olympia HD test render...

Olympia_HD_test.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited December 1969

Here's my Olympia render. She's mixed in with a few other G2F's. Rendered in Reality 2.5

It's Red's birthday, and she's ready for the birthday spankings.

Its_my_birthday_who_wants_some.jpg
    757 x 751 - 206K
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Olympia HD - looks really nice but can't help feeling it's overpriced in its current form, but I'll shut up before I get myself into trouble.

Anyway, here's my Olympia HD test render...

Very nice render. Detail looks good.

edited December 2013

Thanks, here's a take on Jane but without Tarzan (he's probably down the pub getting blootered with Cheetah) - Olympia & Olympia HD morphs plus a V6 HD dialed to 50% too, along with some extra belly for a more natural look.
    Full list on Gallery page - http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/17588/

Jane.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Jabba on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Love the render Jabba.

Under-Tree1.jpg
    848 x 1168 - 211K
  • galactica1981galactica1981 Posts: 1,250
    edited December 1969

I think Olympia is easily the best of all the V6 women so far. Eventually, I plan to get her, but I'm going to wait a few months for the prices to come down. I'm in no rush, anyway. I've got plenty of stuff I've already bought that I haven't even used yet!

• galactica1981galactica1981 Posts: 1,250
    edited December 2013

Do you need the V6 base for Olympia to work? Or do you just need the V6 morphs?

Post edited by galactica1981 on
    edited December 2013

Do you need the V6 base for Olympia to work? Or do you just need the V6 morphs?
    Works on own with Genesis 2 Female... she's an official character/shape that stands alongside Victoria 6 and Gia.

*edit* but to give her that something extra, might also be worth looking at SY's additional shapes specifically made for Olympia...
    http://www.daz3d.com/curvaceous-olympia

Post edited by Jabba on
  • Miranas ArtMiranas Art Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Anyone else who have problem with poses from Lady & Lion in Poser? All sitting and laying looks ugly

ladylion.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 721K
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2013

My Olympia render. Full length portrait. Backdrop is from Fashion Studio by maclean.

Olympia-Garden_Dress-Udane-Uber-Fashion-01-render.png
    1536 x 1920 - 3M
    Post edited by brainmuffin on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Well i bought Olympia but i have the same issue as I had with bree and V6, they are so RED RED RED. So much SSS it's too red! if I turn the sss down tho the skin looks dirty/speckled for reasons i can't figure out.

So frustrated. Can't get a single good render. Doesn't matter what lights I use she always looks like she's glowing red even in the dark.

How the heck do you guys manage any render with V6?

I much like FW's characters for G2F, they are not so crazy glowing red....

olympia.jpg
    459 x 810 - 60K
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Well i bought Olympia but i have the same issue as I had with bree and V6, they are so RED RED RED. So much SSS it's too red! if I turn the sss down tho the skin looks dirty/speckled for reasons i can't figure out.

So frustrated. Can't get a single good render. Doesn't matter what lights I use she always looks like she's glowing red even in the dark.

How the heck do you guys manage any render with V6?

I much like FW's characters for G2F, they are not so crazy glowing red....

I dunno, this one looks like an OK render so me. I certainly wouldn't call it 'glowing red'. The reason FW's characters don't 'glow red' is, if I remember correctly, even though they use the SSS shader, they have SSS turned off.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

She'd look that red if she was perhaps in bright bright sunlight but not in a dark room with very moderate lighting. And I can't get her to less red, even in the 'dark'. And I can't get her to look the way she does in promos- not as red. I'm really NOT a fan of the new shaders or the new G2F. :( I can't just turn the SSS off it makes her look grungy for some reason and she renders with speckles. I've been messing around with the red scatter to lower the red, and then Daz crashed.

sigh. I've regretted every single G2F product with the exception of FW characters....

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

She'd look that red if she was perhaps in bright bright sunlight but not in a dark room with very moderate lighting. And I can't get her to less red, even in the 'dark'. And I can't get her to look the way she does in promos- not as red. I'm really NOT a fan of the new shaders or the new G2F. :( I can't just turn the SSS off it makes her look grungy for some reason and she renders with speckles. I've been messing around with the red scatter to lower the red, and then Daz crashed.

sigh. I've regretted every single G2F product with the exception of FW characters....

Some tips:
    - turn on the shadows on for all the lights hitting the character
    - change subsurface color and/or strength
    - if you have some surface that haves redish subsurface color (like for example inner mouth, tongue, lips) make them a separate/different subsurface group from the rest of character.
    edited December 1969

I do have to agree, for my tastes the skin renders a bit to much on the orange side, personally I increase the Diffuse strength remove the SSS maps and the spec maps and make the SSS colour a paler less orange pink. If that's not enough I play with the absorb and scatter strengths.
    Here's a very quick render after a bit of fiddling, its a bit too on the blue side but that could be altered pretty easily.
    I'll send you the exact settings if you want.

olyface1_copy.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 254K
    edited December 1969

I do have to agree, for my tastes the skin renders a bit to much on the orange side, personally I increase the Diffuse strength remove the SSS maps and the spec maps and make the SSS colour a paler less orange pink. If that's not enough I play with the absorb and scatter strengths.
    Here's a very quick render after a bit of fiddling, its a bit too on the blue side but that could be altered pretty easily.

might I ask, why remove the spec maps?

edited December 1969

Barubary said:

I found that the spec maps for the Olympia texture caused some dry looking blotchy patches especially on the face so I don't use them. Some times I use spec maps sometimes I don't it depends on the results.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

I must say that I do so love her curves.

This is using Olympia HD.

BLUE_GLOW.jpg
    1598 x 1048 - 114K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

One option is to use the materials from the character of choice but using the material settings from one of the FW characters.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 1969

Hi @scorpio64dragon,

I know that your offer to share material settings was directed to @belovedalia, however, I'm having similar issues with G2F. Could you post the settings you're using to tone down the red in Olympia/G2F? Thank you :)

Trish

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Albiejee said:

Out of curiosity, what's the point of using the HD morphs when those details are covered up by the clothes? The morphs don't affect her shape, just the detailing on her body.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Albiejee said:

Out of curiosity, what's the point of using the HD morphs when those details are covered up by the clothes? The morphs don't affect her shape, just the detailing on her body.

This is a second skin suit. I can definitely see the difference. Most noticeable in the subtleties of light and shadow on her thighs and midsection.

edited December 1969

Olympia HD and Olympia texture used - I added a light khaki to both specular channels for the skin ;-)

The curious case of the discarded jacket...

Curious_Case.jpg
    1280 x 1710 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

I found that the spec maps for the Olympia texture caused some dry looking blotchy patches especially on the face so I don't use them. Some times I use spec maps sometimes I don't it depends on the results.

hm, never noticed this. But I'll keep it in mind, thanks! :D

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Albiejee said:
    Albiejee said:

This is a second skin suit. I can definitely see the difference. Most noticeable in the subtleties of light and shadow on her thighs and midsection.

Oh, cool! I'll have to keep that in mind.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited January 2014

I really like Olympia and will get her someday, like most of the G2 characters I've seen she looks really nice in the promo renders. However, Daz never include their promo lights with the figures. Most other lights I've tried on G2's are good, but, the shader settings on the G2 textures do require a fair bit of tweaking to get them looking really good.

Outside of the Daz promos, the best lit renders I've seen of Olympia in this thread have been Sedor's, I'd love a lighting tutorial from him, and wouldn't we all!?

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    I really like Olympia and will get her someday, like most of the G2 characters I've seen she looks really nice in the promo renders. However, Daz never include their promo lights with the figures. Most other lights I've tried on G2's are good, but, the shader settings on the G2 textures do require a fair bit of tweaking to get them looking really good.

Outside of the Daz promos, the best lit renders I've seen of Olympia in this thread have been Sedor's, I'd love a lighting tutorial from him, and wouldn't we all!?

CHEERS!

My promos, including the Curvaceous Olympia ones, start with this setup:

1 advanced ambient light, about 40%, radius 3 or so, centered on subject
    1 Uberenvironment light, about 15%
    1 specular-only distant light, shadows off, aimed right at subject
    1 slightly blue distant light from an angle, diffuse only, shadows OFF, turned low
    1 slightly orange distant light from an angle, diffuse only, shadows ON (one of these is the shadowcaster, which varies per scene), turned low
    1 spotlight from slightly behind and to one side of subject, usually white or yellow, shadows off, around 20% but it varies

Then I go from there with light levels etc. depending on what sort of atmosphere I want. I could upload the preload I use, but one, it doesn't have the spotlight, and two, you'd still have to adjust everything per scene. This is not too demanding with my usual render settings, by which I mean I can do a 1000x1300 promo with no water (or postwork-only water) and maximum two hairs in it in a couple of hours usually at shading rate 0.1. That's on an Intel quad core in 3Delight.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Sickle, that's the perfect opportunity for you to do some viral marketing making use of the fact that .duf files don't include any content-proprietary information like Poser and the old .daz files do. Use one of the stock background props that comes with Studio (boring, but everyone will have access to it), stock Olympia, and some of your G2F clothing and one of your final light configurations. Then post the .duf as a freebie. Kinda like the DAZ 'ready to render' stuff, and it hopefully drives some sales of the clothing you used.

(I use LuxRender, so any 3Delight lighting rigs are of zero interest to me, personally. But I bet a lot of folks would appreciate being able to see how you did one of your promos.)

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

My promos, including the Curvaceous Olympia ones, start with this setup:

1 advanced ambient light, about 40%, radius 3 or so, centered on subject
    1 Uberenvironment light, about 15%
    1 specular-only distant light, shadows off, aimed right at subject
    1 slightly blue distant light from an angle, diffuse only, shadows OFF, turned low
    1 slightly orange distant light from an angle, diffuse only, shadows ON (one of these is the shadowcaster, which varies per scene), turned low
    1 spotlight from slightly behind and to one side of subject, usually white or yellow, shadows off, around 20% but it varies

Then I go from there with light levels etc. depending on what sort of atmosphere I want. I could upload the preload I use, but one, it doesn't have the spotlight, and two, you'd still have to adjust everything per scene. This is not too demanding with my usual render settings, by which I mean I can do a 1000x1300 promo with no water (or postwork-only water) and maximum two hairs in it in a couple of hours usually at shading rate 0.1. That's on an Intel quad core in 3Delight.

Thanks for that, that's really helpful,

I'm not terribly used to positioning lights by using them like cameras, so could you possibly give me some x,y and z translation settings for those!? A lot of lighting tutorials never tell you those settings, so positioning the lights where they tell you to can often be confusing.

Maybe, with a bit more practice, and knowledge like this, anyone with Olympia et al can make them look as good as Daz can.

CHEERS!