How to remove content that isn't mine?

Heyo folks!

About 2 weeks ago I received a hammy down PC from a friend of mine, which is what I've been currently running Daz on. She also used to use Daz occasionally (mostly for avatars) on this PC as well, which leads to my question. I did a new install of Daz after creating my own account about a week ago, and the DIM still had her account listed, so I obviously removed it. Well it seems that while the DIM is only showing items from my account (all from freebies at the moment), when I'm actually in Daz, I have a problem where a few items of hers are still there, and I can somehow just use them. My worry here is not so much that I have to do a clean install, but that there may be some criss crossing of content, which I'd rather not have going on. She won't be using this PC at all anymore, so I don't have to worry about the DIM installing of hers, since she won't be logging into it, right? And anything that I purchase won't be showing up on her end(Geniune reason why I've yet to make a purchase), correct?

If this is simply an issue with lingering files, my apologies for the trouble, and if not, my apologies for the trouble nonetheless.

Comments

• Are the items loadable, or just appearing in the content lists but not loading?

• Are the items loadable, or just appearing in the content lists but not loading?

They're functional as far as I can see. My main worry is there being some cross account thing happening. If that's not the case, I can do another installation, this time manually removing any reference of Daz after uninstalling beforehand. I made this post to see if that is most definitely the case, as I'm on limited data which makes repeated installations a bit of an issue because while the base program itself is quite small, I made the mistake of checking the box at the bottom of DIM that tells it to remove downloaded files once installed for all of my freebies, big mistake on my part.

• You could log into her account and use Install Manager to uninstall all (you would probably then need to reisntall the application, plug-ins, and content you both had in your accounbts - but you wouldn't lose settings). You could also simply reset the database, delete the installed content, and just reinstall your own content. Which route is quicker would depend on how much each of you had.

• Ah, Rob has pointed out that there is a better method. Start Install manager and, assuming it shows all products installed (yours and hers), go online to your account. Now in the Installed tab enter

store::no

in the filter box at top-right, next to the magnifying glass icon, and it will show only those products which are installed but not in your account. You can then click the master checkbox at top-left to select them all and click the process Queue button to remove them, leaving only the products you own (as far as items from Daz go).

• Ah, Rob has pointed out that there is a better method. Start Install manager and, assuming it shows all products installed (yours and hers), go online to your account. Now in the Installed tab enter

store::no

in the filter box at top-right, next to the magnifying glass icon, and it will show only those products which are installed but not in your account. You can then click the master checkbox at top-left to select them all and click the process Queue button to remove them, leaving only the products you own (as far as items from Daz go).

Sorry for the delay in response. The files weren't showing up in DIM because it turns out I'm a dummy, it was third party content that I had to manually remove. Instead of trying to sift through everything, I just removed everything and started over. Sorry for the trouble. frown