zilpha invades DAZ -

Is anyone else seeing this?

All the set ups for renders I've been doing lately as well as all from before (I'm doing a series) - have suddenly gotten Zilpha Body and Head added to the female figures already in the set up.  This includes completed set ups that I re-open.  I find that 'Zilpha' is suddenly there, incorporated into my females and making them look... Well, not right.  Now it seems I have to search through and find all the instances and manually remove her from places this figure never was intended to be.  

Any idea what's going on and why this may be happening?

Comments

• Is anyone else seeing this?

All the set ups for renders I've been doing lately as well as all from before (I'm doing a series) - have suddenly gotten Zilpha Body and Head added to the female figures already in the set up.  This includes completed set ups that I re-open.  I find that 'Zilpha' is suddenly there, incorporated into my females and making them look... Well, not right.  Now it seems I have to search through and find all the instances and manually remove her from places this figure never was intended to be.  

This Zilpha? https://www.daz3d.com/zilpha-hd-for-jenni-8

If yes, then a ticket to support is the way to go because they would need to fix that. If you did not purchase Zilpha, they'll need to track down in which product it was accidentally parcelled with ...

• This has been going on for a week+ (since Jenni 8 release). At least one person has filed a ticket for it. Not sure if is better for more people to file a ticket or not.
  • Is anyone else seeing this?

This Zilpha? https://www.daz3d.com/zilpha-hd-for-jenni-8

If yes, then a ticket to support is the way to go because they would need to fix that. If you did not purchase Zilpha, they'll need to track down in which product it was accidentally parcelled with ...

Yes Catherine, that's the one!  The issue isn't that I purchased her, I bought Jenni-8 and a handful of the add-ons.  That's not a problem, I've bought other figure packages before.  The real issue is why her morphs are being added to ALL my female figures, even to render set ups I did months ago, if I re-open it, there they are!  So one morphed figure suddenly looks way out of wack... I'm having to go through manually and remove each instance as I use 'Render Que' to run them while I'm asleep/at work/ etc., so if I don't make sure everything is 'cleared', I end up with some really odd results and have to re-do it again.  

• This has been going on for a week+ (since Jenni 8 release). At least one person has filed a ticket for it. Not sure if is better for more people to file a ticket or not.

Okay, so it's a known issue then?  Well, I think I should add a ticket so they know it's not an isolated incident.  It's really hampering my workflow now as I can't trust anything I've done and saved to actually look like it's supposed to unless I go in and 'correct' it.  Then there is the fear I have that it's just going to put these morphs back in and mess up another rednder ... Oy vey... 

Thanks for the responses!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,024
    edited November 2019

I didn't buy her so can't check the files myself, but what would be happening is that her morphs are in the basket of morphs where they should be, BUT instead of having been saved [by the Content Creator] at "0" they must have been saved at some other value like "1" ... so the quick fix might be to find her morphs in the data folder, find that "1" and change it to "0." {close D/S before digging around in data folders}

edit to add: the general path to find G8F's morphs is:

My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\ {Daz Originals or 3DSublimeProductions or Vex} etc.

n.b. about the reference for purchasing her, one day years ago now, I and some others had purchased a pair of shoes here and had a 'surprize' figure morph which the company rectified fast to remove it from the shoe package ;-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 238

Since a few day I wonder that all my new characters have a same look of face and body: it is the "Zilpha Issue".

That means all new characters get 100% Zilpha Head and Body.

Boring. I hope they fix that immediately.

NS: sorry for my english. 

• Sisyphus1977Sisyphus1977 Posts: 305
    edited November 2019

I didn't buy her so can't check the files myself, but what would be happening is that her morphs are in the basket of morphs where they should be, BUT instead of having been saved [by the Content Creator] at "0" they must have been saved at some other value like "1" ... so the quick fix might be to find her morphs in the data folder, find that "1" and change it to "0." {close D/S before digging around in data folders}

edit to add: the general path to find G8F's morphs is:

My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\ {Daz Originals or 3DSublimeProductions or Vex} etc.

n.b. about the reference for purchasing her, one day years ago now, I and some others had purchased a pair of shoes here and had a 'surprize' figure morph which the company rectified fast to remove it from the shoe package ;-)

Using Catherine3678ab's comment above, I went into the data file and changed the value from 1 to 0 and it fixed it.  Here are the steps I used and which file needed to be changed if others want to give it a try.  I have MS Visual Studio 2017 installed, which I used to open the data file, you may have another app that can open it.  Here were the steps (note, I have my Daz library on my E drive).

Step 1 - Locate the file name CTRLVex3DSZilpha.dsf, it should be located in the folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\Vex3DS\Zilpha, if you have your content loaded in the default location on your C drive.

Step 2 - Open file with MS Visual Studio (or other app)

Step 3 - Change the "Value" parameter from 1 to 0 and save the file.  In the image, I have already changed the value to 0.

Close out the app and open Daz Studio and load a G8F figure or open a prior scene with a G8F figure where you noticed this morph being used and go to the shaping tab, select the people parameter and scroll down to Zilpha, the slider should now be at 0.

Hope this helps.  Many thanks to Catherine3678ab for the tip.

File and Location.jpg
    1058 x 378 - 320K
    Open With VS 2017.jpg
    1029 x 607 - 319K
    Parameter Change.jpg
    819 x 1036 - 251K
    Post edited by Sisyphus1977 on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2019

Thank you @Catherine3678ab for the tip and @Sisyphus1977 for the walkthrough!  

For those who may not know you can open the duf file with wordpad.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Thank you so much to Catherine3678ab adn Sisyphus1977 for their help in correcting this!  Now that I've made the adjustment (just as shown.. With Wordpad thank you Daventaki).. My Zilpha issue is finally fixed and I can get back to doing what I was doing...

By the way, I did put in a ticket and received no word from them as yet.  Holiday week you know... So the community here diagnosed and fixed the problem before the company could get around to it..

GOOD ON YA!!

Thanks again to everyone!

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 238

Yesterday I got a Update via Install Manager: this fixes the Problem!

• the5amkebabthe5amkebab Posts: 103

This has been happening way too much on way too many products lately. Daz, test your stuff before wrecking our workflow please!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,570

No need to manually edit the *.duf files.

To fix any ill-behaving morphs (non-zero default value), do as follows;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.
    2. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

• jnwggsjnwggs Posts: 89

PerttiA said:

2. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

Thumbs up for this fix :)

• I thought this Zilpha problem was fixed a year ago - today I openned up a character I made the other day and Zilpha is back.  It's utterly ridiculous to expect us to have to find workarounds in the forums to solve these problems.  Frankly, it kills any initiative to be creative when I open a project and then have to hunt to find why a character that I previously spent hours sculpting from a zillion morphs is now looking like chewed bubblegum.  I've spent too much money on this hobby... I need to rethink my life. 

Sorry for the rant.  I'll go open a ticket

• DKrieger said:

I thought this Zilpha problem was fixed a year ago - today I openned up a character I made the other day and Zilpha is back.  It's utterly ridiculous to expect us to have to find workarounds in the forums to solve these problems.  Frankly, it kills any initiative to be creative when I open a project and then have to hunt to find why a character that I previously spent hours sculpting from a zillion morphs is now looking like chewed bubblegum.  I've spent too much money on this hobby... I need to rethink my life. 

If that figure was in a scene file you made prior to fixing it, it is that the old data was saved in the scene file. Delete the figure, bring in fresh figure and then save the scene file. Should take care of the problem.

• Catherine3678ab said:

DKrieger said:

I thought this Zilpha problem was fixed a year ago - today I openned up a character I made the other day and Zilpha is back.  It's utterly ridiculous to expect us to have to find workarounds in the forums to solve these problems.  Frankly, it kills any initiative to be creative when I open a project and then have to hunt to find why a character that I previously spent hours sculpting from a zillion morphs is now looking like chewed bubblegum.  I've spent too much money on this hobby... I need to rethink my life. 

If that figure was in a scene file you made prior to fixing it, it is that the old data was saved in the scene file. Delete the figure, bring in fresh figure and then save the scene file. Should take care of the problem.

Thanks, unfortunately that's not it.  It is a new character I created a few days ago, not a character I created a year ago when this was a problem.  I have created many characters in the past 12 months and not seen Zilpha show up.  But today I open this file and boom.  Zilpha 100%.  Further, I tested by openning a character I created a week ago and Zilpha was dialed in at 100% on her too.  Something has happened and the patch they released has reverted to it's previous state.

The simple solution, BTW, is to dial the Zilpha morph to zero.  This is much preferable to deleting a character that I spent hours refining and starting from scratch.  ;)

But that's not the point.  The fix can be easy, but that does not mitigate the fact that this is a technical problem that needs to be addressed.

• Yeah, and now I'm testing further and it seems that Zilpha is loading in on all Genesis 8 females.  Not just characters I create, but when I load a base G8 from my library.  SMH.

DKrieger said:

Yeah, and now I'm testing further and it seems that Zilpha is loading in on all Genesis 8 females.  Not just characters I create, but when I load a base G8 from my library.  SMH.

That is how the system works.

If a morph has been packaged with non-zero default value, it will be activated with all (past, present and future) figures that you open or load, no matter if the figure has been saved in a scene that was saved a year ago or started from the base figure at the moment.

The procedure a few posts up will fix the issue, if it is followed as it is written. 

• PerttiA said:

DKrieger said:

Yeah, and now I'm testing further and it seems that Zilpha is loading in on all Genesis 8 females.  Not just characters I create, but when I load a base G8 from my library.  SMH.

If a morph has been packaged with non-zero default value, it will be activated with all (past, present and future) figures that you open or load, no matter if the figure has been saved in a scene that was saved a year ago or started from the base figure at the moment.

The procedure a few posts up will fix the issue, if it is followed as it is written. 

I don't know if you are trying to imply that this is a feature and not a bug.

• It is a consequence of the way DS handles character morphs. Every instance of G8F has access to all G8F morphs, and if any morph defaults to a non zero value, that morph will appear in every instance of G8F as it's loaded. It's not a bug, possibly an unintended side-effect caused by a character setup error triggering a feature.

Regards,

Richard

DKrieger said:

PerttiA said:

DKrieger said:

The PA has made a mistake when packaging the morph for distribution, you can either fix the problem yourself (following the procedure showed here) or write a ticket and wait for the product to be fixed.

It is not a bug. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

DKrieger said:

PerttiA said:

DKrieger said:

Both, actually.

There's a bug in the way the character morph was saved, it has a default value which is not zero.

The fact that DS sets the value of the morph to their default value when it loads it is a feature, though.

• The fix from @Sisyphis1977 works. Use wordpad (for windows users), change the value to 0 and save. It was affecting me and following those instructions removed the issue.

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270
    edited March 2021

Now E.V.E Enhanced Virtual Entity HD for Genesis 8 Female

is forcing its shape on all 8 and 8.1 female figures.

the dsf file is encripted, so can't fix by editing.

Pertta's directions has fixed it for me

Post edited by jcbunn on

jcbunn said:

Now E.V.E Enhanced Virtual Entity HD for Genesis 8 Female

is forcing its shape on all 8 and 8.1 female figures.

the dsf file is encripted, so can't fix by editing.

The dsf file is just compressed and can be opened as an archive with 7-Zip, it's dhdm files that are encrypted and cannot be opened even by PA's once created.

Following this procedure, you don't have to edit anything manually.
    To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)
    2. Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File (clear the log, close it and select "Save" when asked)
    3. Left Click at "Active Pane Options" tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 4 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    5. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    6. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

Close DS and wait -> Open DS again and load "Genesis 8 Basic Female"

Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File (Save the logfile somewhere you can easily find it)

If the procedure doesn't help, the most likely cause is that you have the ill-behaving morph installed in several content libraries, but attach the saved log to your post with the "Attach a file" under the "Leave a Comment" window, that way we can have a look at it.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Tenley does the same thing with Genesis 8.1 female

• jcbunnjcbunn Posts: 270

ok, thanks for the zip info perttia.

• edited March 2021

PerttiA said:

2. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click) <---------- Did this see nothing but other morphs and can't tell if their used or unused!!
    3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu) <-------------------------------- I don't see in the menu or drop down one!!! 2020 Version Daz Studio!!!

I tried that and did not see anything for Sero the Figure under Hidden tab!!!

even typed in search Zero the Figure and it could not find anything!!!

here's my "PRoof"!!!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • If you need to show a nude figure please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode.

You need Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure (or Zero Figure Shape)

• edited March 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

If you need to show a nude figure please put the Viewport in Smooth Shaded mode.

You need Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure (or Zero Figure Shape)

the figure was Default, and it was the Genesis 8 Basic Male figure with NO Genitails on it, so how is that "NUDE" like a real person? to Qoute its not Real nude cause its a 3D model, grow up!!

This is going on Youtube.com "LIVE" NOW!!!

Post edited by commando991_70eecfd4fc on