Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics - July Freebie Contest

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    You all remember my Team Post. Well here is the Update.

Title: Rescure, The Begining

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=9213_CX8X2JOaMqGhyQIrARoD&board_id=1

There's a lot going on there! Nicely done!

Dana

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    Btw I suck at lighting and posing....For some reason I keep loosing my floors.

Had that happen a long time ago but in that case it was termites. ;-)

Seriously, I like the way you took this. The more advanced folks will be able to help with the techie side but ... well, I'm a story teller and I'm enjoying how this is opening up. More! More! More! Errr ... please? :-)

edited December 1969

Kludge said:

Thanks alot, I'm not a big fan of comics either but my husband said I should enter. But thanks again :-)

*grumble* Why are all the cool ones taken? Errr ... ummm ... He definitely got it right. And, as I said, you got off to a great start. But now, young lady, you've set bar height for yourself. Are you ready to pass it next month? :-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that I am not scared of heights then.:-)

Hmmm ... does this mean you're flighty? :lol:

• JesterVIIJesterVII Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Kludge said:

Thanks alot, I'm not a big fan of comics either but my husband said I should enter. But thanks again :-)

*grumble* Why are all the cool ones taken? Errr ... ummm ... He definitely got it right. And, as I said, you got off to a great start. But now, young lady, you've set bar height for yourself. Are you ready to pass it next month? :-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that I am not scared of heights then.:-)

Hmmm ... does this mean you're flighty? :lol:

With a name llike CountryGirl she is probaly used to jumping over/off of/out of more things then most airborn rangers. She probally shoots better than most of them too.:cheese:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    JesterVII said:
    You all remember my Team Post. Well here is the Update.

Title: Rescure, The Begining

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=9213_CX8X2JOaMqGhyQIrARoD&board_id=1

There's a lot going on there! Nicely done!

Dana

Thank you took two days to work out in my head and another to set up and render all the scenes.

edited December 1969

JesterVII said:

With a name llike CountryGirl she is probaly used to jumping over/off of/out of more things then most airborn rangers. She probally shoots better than most of them too.:cheese:

Well, as an old country boy myself, I have to agree. Ain't nuttin' like country livin' ... and lovin' ... ;-P

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:
    me too Alexa, that's what I thought

I thought that too but I wasn't sure. I think we should go with a neutral thing, and not get yea or nay on them. I do think that is what we have been doing for quite some time now.

:-)
    There was some discussion about this last month around the mill sub dragon, it starts on page 22. My interpretation of that discussion was that a link to an item that is free is a freebie, an item that currently is sold is "paid for" and the only exceptions are the ones listed in the rules for that challenge. The only DS default content that is listed in the rules for this challenge is genesis so the rest is a valid freebie.
    Or are the rules not that simple?

Cheers! Oom

coverR.jpg
    300 x 225 - 41K
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

This is what happens when I get a new toy...I play with it till I am told to stop or I am grounded from it....lol:coolgrin:
    Any next part in the comic...
    Title: Home Coming
    Items marked with a * require site regsitraition
    TheSithLord v1.0 http://freelancecomics.blogspot.com/2011/04/descargas-downloads.html
    Conforming Bodysuit for Genesis (60 down) http://www.most-digital-creations.com/freestuff.htm (Required Item pants on Tech and Guards.)
    *M4 Sci-Fi Armor http://www.sharecg.com/v/49584/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Sci-Fi-Armor-with-ParrotDolphin-Materials
    *Dark Funky Crush and Jan19's Funky Touch http://www.sharecg.com/v/34623/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Dark-Funky-Crush-and-Jan19s-Funky-Touch
    Grol Gotha Keep http://www.andi3d.co.uk/free_download.php?file_id=103&type=3&page=1
    *Elven Princess Hair part 1 http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65090
    *M4 Steampunk Vest http://www.sharecg.com/v/45520/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Steampunk-Vest
    *Peaceful Islands http://www.sharecg.com/v/7042/3d-model/Peaceful-Islands---ground-prop-and-3-backdrops
    Not Counted Free Items with DS4.5 Download
    Aldora Hair
    Paid Items
    Sedition Soldier Body Suit
    Steam Cowboy Jacket
    Wildlander for M4 (Hood)
    Xurge3d EXO V4 (Helm)
    Henseki Rune (Harness Top)

Home5.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 485K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

For those interested: The Dystopia City Blocks product is again free. Skydomes are available again for DS.

Kendall

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

The cell shader I made for my entry is now up for download if anyone wants a peek.
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63572/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Cell-Shader-for-DAZ-Studio-4.0
    You will have to use Shader Mixer to apply it, I don't fully trust the other formats.

I would appreciate if someone tried to load it in DS3. It is hard to tell if if will work there.

Cheers! Oom

PROMO-CellShader2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 37K
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    This is what happens when I get a new toy...I play with it till I am told to stop or I am grounded from it....lol:coolgrin:
    Any next part in the comic...
    Title: Home Coming

Okay, Jester. I'm hooked. Keep 'em coming! :-)

edited December 1969

Or are the rules not that simple?

Oh, the rules probably are. It's the people that are complicated. ;-)

edited December 1969

The cell shader I made for my entry is now up for download if anyone wants a peek.
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/63572/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Cell-Shader-for-DAZ-Studio-4.0
    You will have to use Shader Mixer to apply it, I don't fully trust the other formats.

Tanks, brah ... lookin' good. :-)

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2012

A/C Hero
    A woman & her daughter wait for a repairman to check out the A/C unit before going to a cosplay party.
    Of course this guy is a hero, he came right on over when she called, he’ll know if it’s an easy fix or an expensive one. :)
    Woman:
    Akio 3 #
    Glamour hair - DAZ 2.3 free content
    Gothic Lolita dress #
    LD stockings for A3
    Pumps #
    Hello Kitty earrings
    Man:
    DAZ model pack - Hiro 3
    Exphair
    Small Sins set #
    Ppant pants by POSERMAMMA - link broke.
    Child:
    Chibi Miku - Link bad?
    Scene:
    Alley #
    Street #
    potted plant - RDNA freebie NLA
    Moth on bush - 24 down *** MDC required item.
    Rubber duck 10 down *** MDC required item.
    Scooter #
    Carry case #
    cellphone - lost link
    Coke cup - bottom of page
    Free sky dome & lights from tutorial. #
    Sketchup models, not counted:
    A/C unit
    AC tester
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.
    # free site registration required.
    Software used:
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3.
    //EDIT:
    As requested by Dollygirl, this is the unedited toon render of my second entry.
    For big go Here.

AC_Hero-c.jpg
    2000 x 1314 - 2M
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited July 2012

Dollygirl said:
    On a cold rainy street.

Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3
    Each section rendered twice, normal & comic, assembled in PSP 7 & added text.
    Go Here for big.
    Here is the original art that gave me the idea.

You are good nitehawk_ltd. You said you render it both with toon and regular. I take it that you did some of the scenes with toon and some of them in regular is that correct?
    Check you PMs for your entry prize.
    Lonnie
    To answer your question, I set up each scene as usual, render a normal picture to a file, then change the one setting to render as a cartoon, without changing anything else, render again to a file with a new name. Than I load both pictures into PSP 7, with the cartoon picture as the bottom layer and the normal picture as the top layer. Adjust the transparency level of the top layer to 40% and save the picture with a new name.
    Once all the scenes are done, I assemble them in a new blank file the full size of the final picture. Each picture on a separate layer. Move it up & down to suit, trim off the top of each picture to show the layer below and when you're happy, save the picture.
    At this time I’ll add another new layer to put any text needed.
    As an example; in the picture below, the top is a normal picture, the middle is a cartoon picture and the bottom is the merged picture. As you can see, the doorway is blacked out in the cartoon picture. By adding the normal picture on top, all the missing textures can be seen. And it still looks like a cartoon.

Image1.jpg
    582 x 636 - 79K
    Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Great stuff everybody! Some really nice renders and some full page work that really shows a good grasp of the comic style.

This is a NAE from me. I'm still goofing around with lighting and shadows and stuff. Balloon placement (done in Photoshop) is the biggest pain in the rump compared to old school. Honestly? I had an easier time drawing comics than doing it this way...but that's just me. I started out back in the stone age...

Comic_Page_001.jpg
    547 x 691 - 255K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Lovely render everyone1 I still try to find some time to make mine ( along with some opther contest I want to participate in.. the day is just not long enough ;) )

[

As Adam Thwaites has made so many freebies I thought I try and make one entry with only his stuff and this is it.
    I want it to be obvious that it is not drawn by hand.
    I played around in Shader Mixer trying to make a Cell Shader and it turned out OK so I used it here.
    I will try to put the shader up for download somewhere but I need to tide it up some first ;-)

Great Idea Oom! And the shader came out great :)

quote author="music2u4u" date="1342175945"]

Krissy said:
    I am always astonished, when someone makes render with so many figures, and can pull it off ;)

It can eat up the memory!

Yep.. plus all the hair, clothes, envoirment... Shees... If computers could make obscene gestures ;)

edited December 1969

Well done! And those are the best kind of heroes, the real world ones that everyday folks need! ;-)

Dana

edited July 2012

A/C Hero

Three comments. (Probably more but three off the top of what I laughingly call my mind) ...

First off, I'd like to find Chibi Miku. She is Just So Cute! Anyone have any ideas?

Second, since when do repairmen of any sort (not just plumbers) have their jeans pulled up that high? ;-)

Third (which is the edit and the part I forgot), I love it. Gotta wonder what's going through the A/C repairman's mind about now, though.

Post edited by Kludge on
    edited December 1969

Question if I use a paid outfit and a paid texture, do all the different parts of the outfit (gloves, boots ect) count as one paid item or seperate?

edited December 1969

JesterVII said:

Nicely done! I like the way you call out the freebie vendors in the comic! :-) (we need a smiling thumbs up)

Dana

edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    Title: Crafters Tribute

Neatly done, Jester. And completely unexpected. I may as well confess now. You're changing my attitude toward comics quite nicely. :-)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    Question if I use a paid outfit and a paid texture, do all the different parts of the outfit (gloves, boots ect) count as one paid item or seperate?

If it was bought as one product, it counts as one product.
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:

Did you pay for them separately? No? Then it's one item! ;-)

Dana

edited December 1969

Great stuff everybody! Some really nice renders and some full page work that really shows a good grasp of the comic style.

This is a NAE from me. I'm still goofing around with lighting and shadows and stuff. Balloon placement (done in Photoshop) is the biggest pain in the rump compared to old school. Honestly? I had an easier time drawing comics than doing it this way...but that's just me. I started out back in the stone age...

Ah, LG, methinks thou dost protest e'er much. Or something. Your usual high quality is showing through despite your claims to the contrary. May as well fess up. You cannot put out a bad piece of work. :-)

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Yep.. plus all the hair, clothes, envoirment... Shees... If computers could make obscene gestures ;)

Trust me, Krissy, they can. They may not be obvious but they're there. :gulp:

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    Krissy said:

Trust me, Krissy, they can. They may not be obvious but they're there. :gulp:

Yeah, like the Blue Screen of Death - translation: Bite me! Totally frozen screen, complete with hourglass cursor - translation: I'm not doing that! #### you! :lol:

Dana

• countrygirl4yacountrygirl4ya Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    JesterVII said:

Well, as an old country boy myself, I have to agree. Ain't nuttin' like country livin' ... and lovin' ... ;-P

Very true :)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2012

Kludge said:
    music2u4u said:
    Kludge said:

Sooo ... hmmm ... basically ignore the whole issue and hope it'll go away. This works. ;-)

lol...No actually I wasn't clear about this issue myself, as we have never really addressed it as something to actually have a rule on. We just kinda used some of the included content but consentrated mainly on trying to collect freebies with links for everyone to get the item used. So, we just kinda used the content included if needed, but I don't think we ever really claimed it as a working linked freebie, but just included the use of it since it came with the DS program. Same with Poser I think.

Okay, now I'm confused ... not that it takes a lot for that to happen. Heck, daylight confuses me. Anyway, the way I'm reading this is that individual freebies are preferred but ones that come with at least Studio (and maybe Poser) can be counted as well - possibly as needed to fill in the total number required? Or did I miss a step there? I probably did. It's something at which I excel. :down:

My take on this question (which I'll use in November unless music overrules me) is that content that comes with software counts as free if the software is free during the contest month, but it counts as paid content if you have to pay for the software.

Since it's only one download, it counts as only one item either way.

Post edited by robkelk on