off topic thread

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Stezza, I just saw this post

My area has just been upgraded to a Catastrophic Fire Danger for tomorrow.  surprise

all schools have been closed ... basically if a bushfire starts we have to either get out or die!

I'll just do some wacky modeling with fingers crossed yes

with an eye on Fires Near Me

For the love of the universe, be safe man

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Wishing you the best, Dave.  Be prudent!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Please take care, Stezza!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

only 1 single solitary thing left in my daz w/l.  only cuz it has beer pulls

• I regret rejoining the PC+  blowing over $200 this week as I don't feel terribly much like doing anything DAZ related

playing in iClone and Unreal Engine 4 at the moment

am very miserable and feeling unwanted

I regret rejoining the PC+  blowing over $200 this week as I don't feel terribly much like doing anything DAZ related

No!!!!   You are my hero (heroine).  Always feel wanted, Wendy.

The Commons and other forums are full of people trying to get the correct number of skin pores on a fake photo, which is fine for them.  De Gustibus Non Est Disputandem.  But I also want a community of people who appreciate attempts to render silly, whimsical, and completely unrealistic characters.  Hey, on occasion, those characters can depict very serious themes (doesn't have to be a habit, though).

Stay motivated Wendy.

• yeah I really wish Epic games would take Carrara off DAZ's hands

they don't love us

I did mostly but Carrara compatible stuff at least

• I regret rejoining the PC+  blowing over $200 this week as I don't feel terribly much like doing anything DAZ related

Over here there's a name for how you're feeling, it's called "buyer's regret" ... Shopping can give one something of a "high" ... when the spree is over, then there's the "down" to it all.

Joining PC+ to go shopping is the best way to go shopping for the prices are much better. Over $200 ... well their marketing team has done a very good job, many people went over budget and some spent thousands of dollars. Folk also like to collect things, not one house, but all of 'em, that type of thing.

If you bought anything in the last 30 days that you truly do not want to keep, you can return it be it for refund or store credit. Getting store credits is usually faster as the process involves fewer agencies. Just be mindful that items purchased in order to get special deals would result in much higher prices for the rest of that basket's contents. In other words it is not wise to return everything unless you are wanting to return the entire order(s).

I don't want to know how much I spent lol ... but it was well over $200.

• for someone who was trying not to buy anything it was a lot

yes spent tens of thousands over the years, I don't need more and am a bit unwanted by some

not the Carrara users hopefully but definitely by others outside this group of not just DAZ studio users

Sending positive karma to Stezza and anyone else threatened by the Aussie wildfires.  Anyone know if he is OK?

• Diomede said:

Sending positive karma to Stezza and anyone else threatened by the Aussie wildfires.  Anyone know if he is OK?

he posted on facebook last night and seemed safe

• Cyber friends are fine, but they are no substitute for human contact.  I think that we are all fragile in on way or the other, and need to find balance in our lives.

For somone like Headwax, it means taking off 6 weeks and surfing for hours each day. 

Me, I get lost in doing renders for days at a time, and sometimes need to stop and attend to real-word affairs and interact with real people.  It keeps me grounded.

• friends with fur are better heart

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,823
    Diomede said:

Got it yes

we survived the day... dodged a bullet in my area... but to show you how wacky my family is my brother is still trapped where he is, with flames lapping at his feet he fought the fire with just a bucket till three water bombing helicopters came by and dumped on him and the fire... he has escaped the fires three times over a couple of days. He told me it was as if the apocalypse had arrived.. very scared stuff.

if you’ve seen TV reports you will see how bad it is... and summer hasn’t started yet! 

Glad you are OK. 

Here on the other side of the world, as the Starks say, Winter is Coming.  Temperatures below freezing last night with wind gusts over 45mph.  Brrrrr.

we're still on limited internet posting inbetween uptimes ~ we had hot winds peaking around 90kph as well...

this is the area my brother is in at the moment with his bucket... surprise

scary.  he'll have stories to tell the grand kids 1 day.

Stezza, I just saw this post

My area has just been upgraded to a Catastrophic Fire Danger for tomorrow.  surprise

all schools have been closed ... basically if a bushfire starts we have to either get out or die!

I'll just do some wacky modeling with fingers crossed yes

with an eye on Fires Near Me

For the love of the universe, be safe man

Cbird said:

Please take care, Stezza!

all good thanks yes

funniest thing was my daughter messaged me 'dad do you and mum have a survival plan?'

yep I said ~ the plan is to get in the car and go.... just one problem though

'what's that?' dear daughter said

Mum has gone out and I don't have the car!

granddaughter said 'Poppy, get the computer first!'

in other news... I resisted joining the PC+ for another year... seeeemples devil

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,925
    edited November 2019

You are a stronger man than me Dave,

besides being a man with all the physical strength that is cheeky

you know what I mean, that guy Will Power

I shall at least buy much by people like Petipet who do Poser formats too and props in general with it.

only really cheap Genesis 8 thingys at PC+  prices mostly for the boys I can convert, Vicky has enough clothes already

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Happy to hear you are doing okay, Stezza. I hope your brother stays safe too.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Thinking of you Stezza... be safe and remember.... stuff can be replaced, you and your loved ones can't!!  cryingheartkiss  Silene

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Stezza, couldn't watch the video, unavailable in my country...but more importantly, so glad everyone is safe...so scary

Here in the US, my Mom still lives in California where wildfires have ravaged for weeks up and down the state...praying for you all, everywhere  heart heartheart

Diomede said:
    Mystarra said:

did you know, carrara can make a surface a particle emitter??? surprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

mind is racing with the possibilities

I did NOT know.  Sounds pretty cool.

Sadly you all missed Dimension theory's awesome particle simulations that used this

he had a few awesome YouTube videos no longer up  and all his stuff and sample car files were on the old forum not archived

all I found was this

the Carrara showreal has some of them

i assymed this was the explode modifier, but it doesn't look like the clip

ca explode.JPG
    863 x 523 - 103K
  • its particles emitted from a sphere he says

he used to have lots of them up and tutorials on the old forum

its particles emitted from a sphere he says

he used to have lots of them up and tutorials on the old forum

ohhh  thanks!  was about ready to cry in frustration  lol

Random thought (likely been thought before): browsing the store I realized I'm suffering from cute critter envy. 3DU stuff that fusses in Carrara and Precious with all the geograft add ons tease us. This has likely been discussed before, but could we create a cute critter of our very own? A Carritter? (Hmmm, needs work). Maybe a generic quadruped that we could all work on parented horns, or wings, or tails for? Our own textures? Morphs? This could be a fun Christmas/holiday gift to ourselves :)

I started trying to model one, then remembered how questionable my modeling skills are. Dumb thought?

• Well we could be like Stezza and start with a sphere or something laugh

Well we could be like Stezza and start with a sphere or something laugh

Stezza amazes me. I start with a sphere and end up with a lumpy potato (the kind under the kitchen sink, not the cute Mr Potato kind) :)

oooooo

a project smiley

oooooo

a project smiley

I volunteer to work on Carrara fur :)

This discussion has been closed.