Olympia 6 Discussion and Render Thread (previously Olympia 6 Preview Thread)

Comments

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,142
    edited December 1969

I was going to get her yesterday but didn't have time, went to go get her now &Olympia; 6 Pro Bundle
    $61.23 with out the snowball, she should of been in today's like all the rest, I was going to pay the 48.98 but can't now. :(
    Wait. It went up in price? I was waiting to payday to get the bundle.

What's the snowball?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

Kharma: thanks I just popped 3 spotlights on her...I am not very good at all with lights and being new at Studio that was the easy way for me....Trish
    Here is one from today......The eyes are a little glossy in this one...it is probably me and the way I have her set up...

oly1a.jpg
    900 x 600 - 109K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

I think Kory is my favorite......I have to play with this hair more can't get rid of this line(circled in red)...and it was me there is an adjustment for the eye reflection
    Kharma: what outfit do you have on your model???

cory.jpg
    567 x 581 - 93K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Trish it is ranger outfit. I think lighting is my enemy..it takes lots of practice to get it right. I have that hair but haven't tried it yet

• PulpArtstPulpArtst Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

This is the Olympia texture on the skin converted to LuxRender material and I used the V6 eyes and reflections. This was rendered in Luxus. I'm really liking the model, but then again all of the Gen2 stuff has been very good.

Olympia_Up_Close_Luxus.png
    562 x 750 - 572K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

I think Kory is my favorite......I have to play with this hair more can't get rid of this line(circled in red)...and it was me there is an adjustment for the eye reflection

Try using smoothing on the hair it helps somewhat to smooth out the bends.

edited December 2013

Try using smoothing on the hair it helps somewhat to smooth out the bends.

Thank you I will try that

Kharma thanks...I have light sets and light sets......and I can't figure them out so I just use spots......I just do what Novica told me shut them all off and work with them one by one

Post edited by Trish on
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,142
    edited December 1969

Ok, I done bought it (with other stuff).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    A tribute to Boris Valejo and his piece named "Αstarte"..but this time featuring Genesis 2 female - Olympia 6 character with some morph fixes directly out of Poser pro 2014 and Octane renderer...a few hours of postwork in photoshop to bring it closer to the oil techique of Boris...hope you like it!

That's a gorgeous piece of work there. Very much like Boris or Julie!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

I like her as well her body shape is nice and her face quite pretty.

scorpio64dragon, that is GORGEOUS!!!

what is the bra/pantie combo??

edited December 1969

Thank you Jakiblue,
    the outfit is Xurge's Amazon for V4, it autofits nicely, I fiddled with the textures the metal I used DS fires real metals and changed the Displacement map to a jpg I think the displacement is quite high probably could do with being lowered a bit.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Thank you Jakiblue,
    the outfit is Xurge's Amazon for V4, it autofits nicely, I fiddled with the textures the metal I used DS fires real metals and changed the Displacement map to a jpg I think the displacement is quite high probably could do with being lowered a bit.

oooo i have the amazon by xurge - how embarrassing I didn't recognize it! LOL!!!!! I actually like the displacement on it...that's what grabbed my eye. :D

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Isikol said:
    A tribute to Boris Valejo and his piece named "Αstarte"..but this time featuring Genesis 2 female - Olympia 6 character with some morph fixes directly out of Poser pro 2014 and Octane renderer...a few hours of postwork in photoshop to bring it closer to the oil techique of Boris...hope you like it!

That's a gorgeous piece of work there. Very much like Boris or Julie!

thank you man..i appreciate it...and everyone who is voting my image at the galleries section. i dont want to pollute this thread with thanks messages so i thank you all in advance :)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I must say Olympia would be the favourite Gen2F so far, although I cannot say - I didn't use Gen2F shapes apart from the base. See looks believable, that's the point. The face - well, it's not meant to be a drop-dead, but she looks realistic, almost like your aunt that was crowned a national beauty (around five to ten years ago).

I still expect new shapes for Gen2M, which I like much more (David 6? My choice would be Justin 6). And, above all, Gen2K (Genesis 2 Kids). Mature morphs would be great too (grandmas and grandpas).

WOW, Love the hips and waist. Really looking forward to her...

But I BEG YOU DAZ!!! Release her after CHRISTMAS!
    My kids still need presents and I still have to buy stuff for Christmas Dinner.

SHOW SOME MERCY PLEASE!

DAZ seems heartless in the matter :D.

Barubary said:
    They don't like alternating enough, though, to add a black character skin to the collection. Or a freckled skin. Or really anything but another pale white girl.

I would greatly appreciate more variety. Sickleyield makes cool Asian and African morphs, but she needs textures to go along and I heard Elite series does not convert very well to Gen2F. Nidale has lovely skin, although it's not black, rather tanned.

Cassia & Callidora Outfit by DemonicaEvilius & Silver

That tunic looks wonderful. I cannot find it in the shop though. Any ideas?

• jebbryheartjebbryheart Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

What is the outfit in the diana promo?

edited December 1969

It looks similar to one of these sets:

http://www.daz3d.com/classic-fantasy-lady-of-the-moon
    http://www.daz3d.com/martian-princess-base
    http://www.daz3d.com/dm-briana-bundle

Anyway, something close to Danie and Marforno.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

looks like Classic Fantasy by AlphaSeed from the RuntimeDNA store
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that is this one: Classic Fantasy from AlfaSeed (RuntimeDNA). Google is your friend :).

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

They don't like alternating enough, though, to add a black character skin to the collection. Or a freckled skin. Or really anything but another pale white girl.

I would greatly appreciate more variety. Sickleyield makes cool Asian and African morphs, but she needs textures to go along and I heard Elite series does not convert very well to Gen2F. Nidale has lovely skin, although it's not black, rather tanned.

Silver said:
    Cassia & Callidora Outfit by DemonicaEvilius & Silver

That tunic looks wonderful. I cannot find it in the shop though. Any ideas?

Not sure on Cassia & Callidora they were sold to Daz so who knows what mad plans they have :D And Nidale is meant to be more a black/white mix and her skin is quite darker then the promos used. I posted some of my orignial renders, they are lurking back somewhere in these pages ;)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 2013

They're either going to be snowball specials sometime in the next few days, or DAZ will hold them for later. Possibly January, possibly hang onto them until March Madness -- although I doubt that if the characters are specific to Olympia. The Olympia parade of new content isn't over yet. There are a few more items still to be turned loose.

ETA: I'll have to say that even though I'm still grousing at the gender split, I like the look of *all* the new character bases. I'm severely undewhelmed by most of the clothing that's accompanied just about all of the women, but the base shapes are lovely and nicely distinct from one another. I'm looking forward to seeing the different iterations of the male shape as well.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

here is one of my first Olympia renders with the big cat

image.jpg
    668 x 668 - 139K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

Here are two of Olympia.

Female2.jpg
    852 x 994 - 300K
    Female1.jpg
    852 x 994 - 349K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

A bit late to the party, but I recently picked up Olympia. Here's the four girls who came with the pro bundle.

Olympia.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 667K
    edited December 1969

I dialled in a bit of the Girl 6 body as well.

Amazonoly2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 352K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Olympia, dialed with V6 and Gia - well, you don't see much of the morphs right here...

2013-12-21_Future_web.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 777K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I love her butt too (but I would though, wouldn't I, hehehe)

but sometimes she's all front...

olympia_6.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Once again a Olympia, V6 and Gia mixture

2013-12-23_Christina_at_West_Park_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 733K
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,006
    edited December 2013

Rendered for PC Inspiration Contest—December 18, 2013 & The December 2013 Challenge: End of the Year

"Santa Olympia"

USED:
    Olympia... http://www.daz3d.com/olympia-for-genesis-2-female
    http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/end-of-summer-hair-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-female-s
    Santa Hat... FREE from MostDigitalCreations (http://www.daz3d.com/furify-fur-shaders for the trim & pom pom http://www.daz3d.com/the-fabricator for the red felt bit)
    my own background

Rendered in Daz3d… signature done in Paint Shop Pro 7

Thought you all would enjoy seeing my Olympia... Few questions... Is she SUPPOSED to take longer to render??? She takes almost 3 times longer to render than the Genesis 1's... also... not sure how to use the SSS featured buttons.. they reeeeeeeeeally messed her up royal when I used them... Not sure if there's a bug or I'm not using them right... she ended up all white... no features.. and I couldn't get her back until I tried a few other skins on her... I'm NOT touching those SSS settings again... they seem a waste to me. If anyone could answer my 2 questions.. I'd appreciate it.. MERRY OLYMPIA CHRISTMAS!!! I love her character. Thank you for creating her. :)

ENJOY!

SANTA_OLYMPIA_14minute_renderR_BEST_DONE_SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 411K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

This was the first bundle that has been released for G2F that I feel was "meh." I don't do many non-modern renders and when I do it's almost exclusively medieval-European. Amazon and ancient-Rome-esque stuff just doesn't do it for me and there is too much of it in this bundle for it to be worth picking up. It all does look like it's solid quality, tohugh.

That's my review!

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,006
    edited December 1969

Rendered for The December 2013 Challenge: End of the Year

"Winter Olympia"

USED:
    Olympia... http://www.daz3d.com/olympia-for-genesis-2-female
    http://www.daz3d.com/candeecurlz-hairstyle (used BOW ONLY from http://www.daz3d.com/minnie-bow-hair-for-genesis )
    http://www.daz3d.com/casual-jeans-and-t-shirt-for-genesis-2-female-s (jeans LEATHERIZED and Top FURIFIED)
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/frosty-boots-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/rocks-n-drops-fantasy-scene-kit

Rendered in Daz3d… signature done in Paint Shop Pro 7

Thought you all would enjoy seeing Olympia as a plain normal gal ;)

ENJOY!

WINTER_OLYMPIA_41minute_renderRr_BEST_DONE_SIGN.jpg
    1252 x 1558 - 599K