New Shopping Cart Feature!!

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited December 2013 in The Commons

When you go to your shopping cart you should see a new column called "Original Price" this is the list price, or full non-discounted price, of an item. You will also see the price you will actually be paying for the product. This should make it easier to see which items are being discounted and by how much. Right now the 'how much' part is left to you and your math skills though.

**Edit** The Subtotal line is the full price for all products. The discount line is the total discounted amount for all products including coupons, shopping cart rules, and catalog rules, and the total is what you will pay at time of check out.

Please feel free to let us know if you are experiencing any issues with this.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

That ought to be a help. Thanks guys.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2013

I had an issue yesterday with PayPal. It sends you back to the DAZ site before you can change where you want the money taken from on PayPal. I ended up having to use my credit card. It looks like PayPal changed a few things on their login. And one time it just allowed me to login on a generic login screen without any options to change anything and not showing the usual item list. I kept on getting declined because I have to manually change the source when there aren't enough funds in the main account and I couldn't change it like you normally can. I'm hoping you guys didn't change that and maybe you can get with PayPal to get it working again. I couldn't locate where to change it on the regular PayPal site and I think they have it locked on Smart Connect so they make more money. You can only change it if you get to stay at the PayPal site for the next screens before coming back to DAZ.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 2013

Awesome, this is an excellent feature update to the store. Way to go!
    Feature idea: Left side catalog filter check box to hide already purchased items.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • AlowynAlowyn Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this!
    Now if we could get a "On sale through 00/00/0000 11:59pst" on the product page I'd give you even more of my money. :zip:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

When you use a coupon, does that get allocated to each item in the Price column as well?

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

When you use a coupon, does that get allocated to each item in the Price column as well?

Depends on the type of coupon. If it is a flat rate coupon ie $5 off your entire order then the discount will be distributed evenly among the products. So if you have 5 products each will show as $1.00 less. If it is a percentage off coupon then it works like a normal percentage discount.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I had an issue yesterday with PayPal. It sends you back to the DAZ site before you can change where you want the money taken from on PayPal. I ended up having to use my credit card. It looks like PayPal changed a few things on their login. And one time it just allowed me to login on a generic login screen without any options to change anything and not showing the usual item list. I kept on getting declined because I have to manually change the source when there aren't enough funds in the main account and I couldn't change it like you normally can. I'm hoping you guys didn't change that and maybe you can get with PayPal to get it working again. I couldn't locate where to change it on the regular PayPal site and I think they have it locked on Smart Connect so they make more money. You can only change it if you get to stay at the PayPal site for the next screens before coming back to DAZ.

Is this a new issue that arose around the time of the shopping cart change? Unfortunately I don't have paypal so I can't confirm it right now. If anyone else is experiencing this issue please speak up so we can try to nail it down.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

I can confirm the pay-pal behavior, but I don't remember when it first started appearing. Previously, when paying with pay-pay you were given the option to use pay-pal balance, credit card through pay-pal, or instant bank transfer from a connected account. Now it just connects to the pay-pal screen, and the only option is to confirm payment and continue back to DAZ. The last purchase I made that I didn't have enough funds in my pay-pal balance to cover the whole amount was about two weeks ago, and the difference was pulled out of my bank account without asking if I wanted to use a different payment method for the balance or enter a credit card.
    It may be that there is a default setting in pay-pal someplace we need to track down.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

I've bought a couple of things from other stores using PayPal. I don't have (or want) a PayPal account, so it lets me use a debit card. Won't accept my credit card, but the debit card goes through without a problem.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 2013

The PayPal changes are completely on their end. We use the simplest form of integration with PayPal so that, hopefully, you have as much flexibility with PayPal as you can have, but if they start changing things on their end and send you back to the Daz store before you're ready, there isn't anything Daz can really do about it. We first started hearing about them doing that almost a month ago.

Post edited by DAZ_Jon on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Actually Jared, I think it's about time everything was listed in the cart. Before I had to do all the math myself in order to be sure the final total was in fact what I should be paying. I can't count how many times, in the first couple of years I was a member here, I had to call Customer Service because the amount it said I was being charged didn't make sense to me.

By adding the columns/lines to the cart page makes it a whole lot clearer. Thanks. :coolsmile:

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

My last order was yesterday. I ordered something tonight to test, and the login screen was different. However, there was a CHANGE button to the right of the payment screen, and I was able to change the payment method.

Capture.JPG
    852 x 498 - 47K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Love this feature. Helps make sure the cart is correct, as before I had to take everything out and test one by one.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 1969

This is a great idea. Thank you for making it possible. :-)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Actually Jared, I think it's about time everything was listed in the cart. Before I had to do all the math myself in order to be sure the final total was in fact what I should be paying. I can't count how many times, in the first couple of years I was a member here, I had to call Customer Service because the amount it said I was being charged didn't make sense to me.

By adding the columns/lines to the cart page makes it a whole lot clearer. Thanks. :coolsmile:

+1

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Jon-about a month ago seems right for the pay-pal change. I had a feeling it was on their end.

Supercope-thanks for pointing out the change button. That is what I was going to go looking for.

Jared-I didn't say this earlier but I think the change to the cart will be incredibly helpful. Good work guys.

edited December 1969

Is this new cart working right? It is not giving the same end result as showing the actual price being loaded into the cart- I don't think it works with the Snowball discount. I just bought all new snowball items, all at 30% off, and then with my snowball savings, calculated out what it should be. Since many people are at 10 to 20%, let's do someone with a 20% discount getting most the items.

The products (drum, dj, relax, brothers, melody, grow.up) all come to 74.72 with the 30% already applied. (That is their current price.) THAT is what would go in the old cart. Snowball 20% off would be14.94 deducted. We were promised the discounts stack, and these are all new items that qualify. That person would have paid 59.78 in the old cart.

NOW, with this new cart, the total price is entered and the 20% comes off that. Total price for those at full price is 106.70 and 20% off is 21.34. That makes that person now pay 85.36

What am I not seeing or seeing incorrectly? I've bought enough to be fairly certain that the snowball discounts were coming off the totals of the sale prices that were already in the cart- that is what stacking IS.

edited December 2013

Another example- if things are discounted at 40%, and someone is at 50% discounts, they get a 70% discount.
    (100.00 x .40=40.00 off so that is 60.00. Then half of that is 30.00 that they get off (and pay.) If you are paying 30.00 out of 100.00 it is 70% off.

The old cart would be as follows: (prices with a 40% discount)
    9.00= 9.00 x .40= -3.60, for a price of 5.40
    9.00 = final price 5.40
    Total would be 5.40 x 2= 10.80
    Obviously, the 50% off would be 5.40. I'm keeping this simple.

New cart: full price shown
    is 18.00 and getting half of that is only a 9.00 discount and that person is paying 9.00 instead of 5.40

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

And the cart is inconsistent within the same order. When you buy from Zev0's store, it goes to 40% off. So I took the original prices as they have done, multiplied by .40 and subtracted that amount, and then applied my percentage off. It worked fine for the skin overlay bundle, toe control was off by one penny, Brothers Growing up was wrong (off by 30 cents for my discount) The original price is 19.95 and 40% off is 7.98 so that's 11.97, then apply your discount.

The Growing up gen 2 male was also off 24 cents for me. 14.95-5.98 (40%) = 8.97 then do your discount
    THIS ADDS UP AND IS NOT RIGHT!!!!

edited December 1969

To continue, those total 76.80. Take 40% off and that is minus 30.72. That leaves 46.08 then apply your discount. It was off by the same amount as those totals I gave you (at least its consistent where it is wrong.) It's off .54 cents.

This certainly adds up when you buy a lot of things, which is what many are doing to take advantage of the discounts. Britney is going to be swamped unless you show me where I am wrong. Not saying that is not a possibility.

edited December 2013

Brothers gives you an extra 10% discount, when you buy it together with Growing up Bundle, so it would be 37% off the original price, not 30%. (12,57 instead of 13,97)
    The Growing Up bundle costs 1$ less when you already have any other of the Growing up bundles... maybe this explains some of the inconsistencies?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 2013

Well, I checked and it says excludes new releases, so that means the two that were off were the new releases. That explains Zev0s, which I don't want to muddy the waters of my original post. (EDIT- took out statement as the two that were off were both on the snowball page and do qualify.) And it's supposed to be 40% off, not 37%, isn't it?

My original post, I got ALL SNOWBALL items and my discount with this new cart does not give me the correct amount compared to the old cart, which had the already discounted (30% typically) items in the cart, then it just applied your snowball savings. As my first example shows, you won't get the same discount.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

No, the Brothers would be 37% - 30% "new" discount, and 10% extra discount, placing it at 12,57. As a new item, it doesn't qualify for the 40% discount you get for the rest of Zev0's shop.

edited December 1969

I'm not even bothering to figure that out- it gets complicated when mixing things that do and don't qualify, etc.

My main issue is the first post. All items were qualified. It didn't give me the correct discount for snowball savings. The total of the items at 30% off minus my percent discount is NOT what the cart is doing.

edited December 2013

Okay, let's see. I will do it with 40% discount, as I can directly compare to the cart.

Growing up
    Original price $14.95*30% New discount = 10,465, rounded to 10,47
    10,47*40% Snowball discount = 6,282, rounded to 6,28, minus 1$ (because you are buying "Brothers") = 5,28
    BUT
    What it seems to calculate here is
    Original price $14.95*30% New discount = 10,465, rounded to 10,47
    10,47 minus 1$ (because you are buying "Brothers") = 9,47
    9,47*40% Snowball discount = 5,682, rounded to 5,68

Brothers
    Original Price 19,95*30% New discount = 13,965, rounded to 13,97
    13,97*40% Snowball discount = 8,382, rounded to 8,38.
    8,38*10% extra discount (because you buy "Growing up") = 7,542, rounded to 7,54

Content Creators Drums
    Original Price 39,95*30% New Discount = 27,965, rounded to 27,97
    27,97*40% Snowball = 16,782, rounded to 16,78

DJ Remix
    Original Price 19,95*30% New Discount = 13,965, rounded to 13,97
    13,97*40% Snowball = 8,382, rounded to 8,38

Relax
    Original Price 10,95*30% Discount = 7,665, rounded to 7,67
    7,67* 40% Snowball = 4,602, rounded to 4,60

Total amount expected:
    $42,98

Total amount in Checkout: 42,99 (which is probably due to different rounding...)

Looks okay to me. However, for the record, I have to say that I had to recalculate several times until I found out how to apply the discounts the way DAZ does. It needs to get used to.

Cart2.JPG
    877 x 850 - 77K
    edited December 1969

It needs to be the way the cart was when they promised us these stack, and do it the same way. I'm going to NOT use a store that has a certain deal with it, I don't know where you got the $1 off, but my cart was off by more than $1 anyway. Thanks for trying. I need DAZ to answer this- it's really not up to you. (That's a compliment, not a criticism.) So Jared, how do you explain the discrepancies in my first example, based on what the cart was doing, and the new one now? Isn't that what it's doing?

edited December 1969

I just tried it on one with a discount already applied, and one full price one, and it worked.

It must be the Zev0 thing throwing it off.

edited December 2013

Novica said:
    It needs to be the way the cart was when they promised us these stack, and do it the same way. I'm going to NOT use a store that has a certain deal with it, I don't know where you got the $1 off, but my cart was off by more than $1 anyway.

http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions says you get 1$ off the price.
    And for the record, the price I was fiddling with, was where to put the 1$, as I first substracted it from the final result, then from the initial price.
    The discounts do not behave any differently from before.
    The problem, IMO, is that you add together discounts for the entire cart, when you have different discounts for different items applying.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

The way the discounts are stacking and applying are the exact same as before and has been since the Magento cut over, so the end result price is the same as before the changes to the cart (we didn't touch the underlying logic for that at all).

The biggest problem now is it still isn't clear what all the actual discounts are and in what order they stack (the order they get applied is important for things where it is a flat amount off as they have different impacts depending if they get run at the beginning, end, or middle, which is just how marketing sets those up to be run). We could include all that information for every item, but then it quickly goes from a shopping cart to a large spreadsheet with lots of numbers and math which wouldn't make it very friendly to use.

edited December 2013

Well, it wouldn't matter WHAT level of snowball savings you're at- the cart gave me ZERO using this new method.
    (And yes folks, I AM logged in. I tested the cart before and after this.)

It gave me no discount whatsoever. The price is the exact same as the 30% off price shown in the cart- no further discounts.
    Item is 14.95 on sale for 10.47 and I don't get ANY further discounts. Whether I would be 10%, 20%, or whatever- NO FURTHER DISCOUNT IS GIVEN. It is charging me 10.47

I am logged in. Did it three times, tested other carts with this one in the middle, I AM LOGGED IN. It did not recognize my snowball discount at all.

Cant argue with this one
    EDIT Well DUH, it is a new item. So yeah, you can. Carry on.

Post edited by Novica on