New Shopping Cart Feature!!

2»

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

It's not the new cart, it is the way/order the rules are applying. I'll take a look at them.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,991
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    The way the discounts are stacking and applying are the exact same as before and has been since the Magento cut over, so the end result price is the same as before the changes to the cart (we didn't touch the underlying logic for that at all).

The biggest problem now is it still isn't clear what all the actual discounts are and in what order they stack (the order they get applied is important for things where it is a flat amount off as they have different impacts depending if they get run at the beginning, end, or middle, which is just how marketing sets those up to be run). We could include all that information for every item, but then it quickly goes from a shopping cart to a large spreadsheet with lots of numbers and math which wouldn't make it very friendly to use.

Well, the way I see it, you'd just have to publish the "order of things" as a general information.
    "Discounts apply as follows:
    "First thing that is applied is percentage shop discounts. The second thing that gets applied is percentage special discounts. $values get dscounted at the end of the calculation for an item"
    or
    "First, %discounts are applied. The biggest discount is applied first, after that, smaller % discounts are applied in order of value.....etc."

Or however you have stacked them. :-)

Personally, I feel that the most useful thing would be to openly state your rules, maybe add an example or two for those of us who need to see (like me :-)), and then, just stick to the rules you set up.
    I mean, there shouldn't be more like four different variations of how you can stack discounts, that are in use here. :-)

• AlowynAlowyn Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Or default it to the current "simplified" version and have a check box that gives the customer the option of seeing the full breakdown. That way, we could open it up when we have a "Hmmm" moment and close it after we figure it out.

On a side note, thank you guys very much for all the work your putting in on the site & back end! I know it's easy to focus on the complaints because they tend to be more in your face about it, but there's a reason when I came back to 3D after a few years out I came right back here. You guys rock!
    Merry Christmas!
    -D

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2013

DAZ_jared said:
    I had an issue yesterday with PayPal. It sends you back to the DAZ site before you can change where you want the money taken from on PayPal. I ended up having to use my credit card. It looks like PayPal changed a few things on their login. And one time it just allowed me to login on a generic login screen without any options to change anything and not showing the usual item list. I kept on getting declined because I have to manually change the source when there aren't enough funds in the main account and I couldn't change it like you normally can. I'm hoping you guys didn't change that and maybe you can get with PayPal to get it working again. I couldn't locate where to change it on the regular PayPal site and I think they have it locked on Smart Connect so they make more money. You can only change it if you get to stay at the PayPal site for the next screens before coming back to DAZ.

Is this a new issue that arose around the time of the shopping cart change? Unfortunately I don't have paypal so I can't confirm it right now. If anyone else is experiencing this issue please speak up so we can try to nail it down.

Yes, this is a new issue as I've been buying a lot of stuff from DAZ the past few weeks and I've almost always been taking the funds from my balance rather than their default credit line payment. It appears that PayPal changed something as their page layout is different with an additional box to choose or fill in data.

Post edited by Kevin Sanderson on
  • Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

Supercope said:
    My last order was yesterday. I ordered something tonight to test, and the login screen was different. However, there was a CHANGE button to the right of the payment screen, and I was able to change the payment method.

That is new. I didn't see that when PayPal started giving me problems.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I hadn't actually noticed the new feature till I saw this thread listed. I did buy something today and as long as I wasn't overcharged I'll be happy.

CHEERS!