It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

I must admit, I feel the same about Indian food. I had some real Indian food and BLAM my tastebuds got shot to the moon! And that wasn't even the really spicy stuff! But yes, there's a massive difference between spicy, and flavoursome. If you can achieve both at once, you're a true master.

I'm not fond of the sort of "in your face" hot that something like Texas chili brings but rather the kind that sneaks up on you like a good curry or properly managed paprika. Even Asian hot peppers work better for me than others. They're decidedly hot but it's a different kind of hot ... if that makes any kind of sense.

I didn't finish my render because I crashed it and hadn't saved for a while. When I loaded my last save I thought "My God, I didn't realise I'd done so much work after this!" so I got a bit disheartened. And yes, I know we've had the discussion before about my saving, but never mind.

Okay, now I'm confused. Doesn't DS have an autosave in it? I haven't booted mine for a while but I thought it did. Oh, well ... mebbe not.

I did get Michael 5 today, he's free on this month's 3D Artist, so I thought I'd pick it up. Otherwise to be honest I probably wouldn't have bothered!

I looked at subscribing to "3D Artist" but at around $160 US per annum that just ain't gonna happen unless there's a heck of a ROI. Major - like $400-500 worth. But ... ummm ... my birthday's on the 18th ... *snicker*

edited December 1969

I mostly view, zoom then delete but
    the trouble with my Android and anything with a face is I have an app that autodetects the eyes and mouth and I get an evil irrisistable urge to deface your beautiful art %-P ;-P

Hmmm ... when have you seen a pic of me?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That gives me two to three days of 100% normal a week, well normal for me any way. All the crappy has paid off, who'd a thunk it?

Hmmm ... How do you define "normal"? ;-)

Anyway, great news. I take it then you're be entering the New York Marathon next year?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Wow, miss one day due to the weather being mean to me and everybody posts. I miss all the parties. :long:

P.S. Kludge normal is any day my brain was not replaced with a large wad of cotton, Fatigue does not belive Jello is my natrual bone and muscle structure and Arthur does not laugh at my meds and eat them like candy.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

hmm

funny-quote-pretend-to-be-normal.jpg
    450 x 614 - 48K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

ROFL! Wow, that's me.

edited December 1969

In the words of Alfred E. Newman, "What me Normal?". Okay it's really, "What me Worry?" but it's close enough for government work.

edited December 1969

If you look at pictures of me when I was about 7-8 I looked just like him.

edited December 1969

Well I guess that is better than Neil He had his phot's taken, when we were getting him security clearance for a job he could do early morning before going to College. The security guy took one look at the photo booth photos and laughed, said No way is Gerry Adam's getting security clearance to come in here.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Wow, miss one day due to the weather being mean to me and everybody posts. I miss all the parties. :long:

I miss the purties too but that's because they can all run faster than I can now.

P.S. Kludge normal is any day my brain was not replaced with a large wad of cotton, Fatigue does not belive Jello is my natrual bone and muscle structure and Arthur does not laugh at my meds and eat them like candy.

Taking things out of order as I am wont to do, Arthur is your pet hamster? They're terrible like that, you know. Actually, more like evil.

I find being brain-fried by meds a comfortably ... well, comfortable state of being. Not only is no thought required but no thought is usually even possible which suits me jes' fine. Heck, even the purple butterflies & calico elephants take the day off and the voices only mutter amongst themselves.

Some days I can walk with little physical discomfort and, after I get my wind, can do so for a while. Other days, every step is intensely painful - mostly hips & lower back but old age is catching up and other joints are joining the "fun." I'm not sure when the VA will do something beyond pump me up with Ibuprofen & Tylenol but it'll be nice when they decide maybe a little more proactive approach may be indicated.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    hmm

Gone to Facebook, this has. Or will soon. ;-)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    In the words of Alfred E. Newman, "What me Normal?". Okay it's really, "What me Worry?" but it's close enough for government work.

I told one of my psychonannies a while back that thinking inside the box gives me headaches while my thinking outside the box gives them to others ... and I far preferred not to get headaches. She had already read the records left by my previous docs so had some idea what was going on in my head. Her answer was that she had plenty of aspirin and was pretty much ready for whatever paths my mind took us on. She wound up being a lot of fun ... :-)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well I guess that is better than Neil He had his phot's taken, when we were getting him security clearance for a job he could do early morning before going to College. The security guy took one look at the photo booth photos and laughed, said No way is Gerry Adam's getting security clearance to come in here.

I don't know. Could be interesting ... although it is a good piece from Belfast. ;-)

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    I find being brain-fried by meds a comfortably ... well, comfortable state of being. Not only is no thought required but no thought is usually even possible which suits me jes' fine. Heck, even the purple butterflies & calico elephants take the day off and the voices only mutter amongst themselves.I would prefer the calico ele's and yurple flutterbye's to not knowing the names of my own family half the blooming Cotton days. I love when I just get brain block and can not say the words in my head, I feel SOO SPECIAL when that happens. The voices never stop, they just sputter the wrong words over and over and giggle alot.

Some days I can walk with little physical discomfort and, after I get my wind, can do so for a while. Other days, every step is intensely painful - mostly hips & lower back but old age is catching up and other joints are joining the "fun." I'm not sure when the VA will do something beyond pump me up with Ibuprofen & Tylenol but it'll be nice when they decide maybe a little more proactive approach may be indicated.
    My hands went first, then wrists, shoulders, hips, and various other parts I find useful from time to time. I got it young in life but that's just the way things go in my family. I still have the best eylie balls and blood presure out of us three but that's about it.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

BlumBlumBarry, do you play your games in 3D?
    I just ordered some nVidia shutter glasses but now I discovered my 3D vision Photo viewer can be configured to use my cardboard red/cyan ones too and even using those the included pics look pretty awesome, stereo moviemaker supports them but at the moment just tells me it cannot detect the glasses so hoping I can watch all my 3D renders with them.
    ( I do those in red/cyan or side by side at the moment, the latter gives me headaches after awhile crosseyed!)
    I would love to run around in a 3D game!
    exporing, not shooting!

edited December 1969

Neil has put on a bit of weight since, and doesn't look quite so much a ringer for the other guy. THis was taken last year, when he graduated from the Adult Education college, He is now at Uni.

neil.png
    404 x 466 - 269K
    edited December 1969

BlumBlumBarry, do you play your games in 3D?
    I just ordered some nVidia shutter glasses but now I discovered my 3D vision Photo viewer can be configured to use my cardboard red/cyan ones too and even using those the included pics look pretty awesome, stereo moviemaker supports them but at the moment just tells me it cannot detect the glasses so hoping I can watch all my 3D renders with them.
    ( I do those in red/cyan or side by side at the moment, the latter gives me headaches after awhile crosseyed!)
    I would love to run around in a 3D game!
    exporing, not shooting!
    Ya know if ya take your glasses off and run around your yard for awhile it will all look like 3D. I'm sure I read that some place.... Never tried it, I could be wrong. Without my spec's nothing looks too 3D to me. I get this surrealistick watercolor knid of thing.
    edited July 2012

chohole said:
    Neil has put on a bit of weight since, and doesn't look quite so much a ringer for the other guy. THis was taken last year, when he graduated from the Adult Education college, He is now at Uni.
    Holy Smokes. Neil has a US dead ringer, his name is Matt Young and he is my shadetree car mechanic for quick easy work on my cars. Almost a 100% match.
    edited December 1969

got an anaglyph walkthrough of my Yard! borrowed a second camera identical to mine to do it!

edited December 1969

OMG I WILL have to go outside and do something!
    my Carrara beta serial has expired.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I would prefer the calico ele's and yurple flutterbye's to not knowing the names of my own family half the blooming Cotton days. I love when I just get brain block and can not say the words in my head, I feel SOO SPECIAL when that happens. The voices never stop, they just sputter the wrong words over and over and giggle alot.

That maps to not knowing who I am or where I am or even when I am at times. There's a whole "This ain't Pittsburgh anymore" thing that happens which is scary and amusing all at the same time. (I did mention having a strange sense of humor, right?) While there are neurological issues these also come into the realm of my psychonannies while a few we know are neuro-irritations - shaking hands, balance issues (I mean physical not mental) and the like - and others are definitely psychiatric, there are some that there's still discussion about and may well be a combination. One of these is how speech gets scrambled and I simply cannot understand what someone is saying. It's just noise even though I know it's supposed to mean something. I forget words at times and will, on occasion, totally lose a train of thought before it has left the station but, thus far, I haven't had a brain lock like yours.

The voices, though. They're another problem. The mothership is never really quite clear what it wants.

My hands went first, then wrists, shoulders, hips, and various other parts I find useful from time to time. I got it young in life but that's just the way things go in my family. I still have the best eylie balls and blood presure out of us three but that's about it.

Wheee ... you've had a nasty course, haven't you. Some of my current physical, psychiatric & neurological issues stem from an exceptionally abusive childhood & early teen years (I may cover this in further depth another time.) while others are simply age and a somewhat active (at times a bit too active) life catching up with me. For example, one shoulder, the opposing wrist and a couple ribs kinda got racked up during a weight lifting accident and never healed properly. Add in a few other exciting moments and one has a bod that is prone toward not quite being ideal.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Yes. Yes, there is a resemblance. OTOH, Sein Fenn hasn't been all that active of late so I don't think they should be quite so stiff about it. ;-)

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    chohole said:

Yes. Yes, there is a resemblance. OTOH, Sein Fenn hasn't been all that active of late so I don't think they should be quite so stiff about it. ;-)

Ah but did I mention this was a few years back when this convo took place. You should know us old 'uns are always reminiscing about things in the past. I think this was about 1996 or 7 or so, and the Contract I was managing at the time (well one of them) was for the B of E, right in the heart of the CIty of London.

He has since moved to Ireland himself and is now reisdent in Dublin County, and attends Dublin Uni.

Was quite funny at the time, and BTW he did, of course, pass the security clearance and became one of the contract supervisors.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

How long has Neil been moonlighting as a mechanic?

edited December 1969

And commuting back and forth across the pond to do it. Hmm. I think there may be something my son is not telling me.

edited December 1969

Could be. You never know. Or maybe its something that your not telling anyone. Any skeletons in the closet? LOL.

edited December 1969

Only if Great grandad did some commuting after he got the Irish chamber maid in "trouble" and Jeff has found me a long lost cousin

edited July 2012

Hmm... It could just be Neil. His prices would pay for a commute, I dont mind because the work is always top notch.

edited December 1969

Neil's work is also always top notch

edited December 1969

Not sure it would be if anyone let him loose on a car engine though. It's not quite the same as pulling a pooter to bits and putting it back together again.

I prefer to keep thinking of Great Grandad legginig it off to the US of A when his Dad was mad at him for getting the Irish chamber maid up the du...I mean "in trouble". I rather like the idea of discovering a long lost cousin. Stranger things have happened.

This discussion has been closed.