dForce Homebody for Genesis 8 Female Promo Character name?

Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
edited December 2019 in The Commons

What is the character in the main promo for dForce Homebody for Genesis 8 Female? If it is a straight-up character. It is way better than anything Daz has made for a long while. Anymore, daz3d women look like men and daz3d men look like women.

UPDATE:

Thank you for the info. Nice work on her.

Post edited by Mr Bowen on

Comments

• SinzzSinzz Posts: 1

Most likely a custom character.

It's always the characters you can't buy that look the best.

• Was coming here to ask the same question.

• peachepeache Posts: 26

hello!

i'm very happy you like her! sadly, this is my baby Joselynne. she is an OC of mine that I have been working on and off again in zBrush &, because of this, you will not find her on the market.

characters are something I plan to do once I feel confident with my sculpts, so while I may never upload this particular character, expect to see some that have the same aesthetic in the future~

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@peache "characters are something I plan to do once I feel confident with my sculpts"

She looks very good. I hope you continue with your character work and finally release one.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961
    edited October 2019

[moved to other thread]

Post edited by evacyn on
  • Hi peache, I want to say I'm very impressed with the figure as well -- to the point that I spent a half an hour frantically searching the web for more info. I respect your wish not to share your work (often characters we create feel very personal). I would ask however, are the texture set and brows from a commercial figure or are they entirely custom as well?

All the best and I hope you're able to create more great products!

fastbike1 said:

@peache "characters are something I plan to do once I feel confident with my sculpts"

She looks very good. I hope you continue with your character work and finally release one.

thank you! I definitely will!

Hi peache, I want to say I'm very impressed with the figure as well -- to the point that I spent a half an hour frantically searching the web for more info. I respect your wish not to share your work (often characters we create feel very personal). I would ask however, are the texture set and brows from a commercial figure or are they entirely custom as well?

All the best and I hope you're able to create more great products!

ah, thank you so much ! & I really appreciate you being so understanding !

you can find the brows included with Mousso's character, Alabama, and her skin textures are a lightly edited versions of Murphy's textures. I hope this answered your questions & thanks a bunch for the well wishes ~

• hello!

i'm very happy you like her! sadly, this is my baby Joselynne. she is an OC of mine that I have been working on and off again in zBrush &, because of this, you will not find her on the market.

characters are something I plan to do once I feel confident with my sculpts, so while I may never upload this particular character, expect to see some that have the same aesthetic in the future~

Hello Peache :) Great job! You should be on the developement team. I know this is an old-ish thread, but I'm more interested in the body morph (excluding the head) of Joselynne, than the overall character. Is that what you mean when referring to your future plans on releasing/uploading models in the future?

• peache said:

hello!

what's the reason of not uploading her tho, like it's not she's gonna get kidnapped or something plus your gonna get paid from it and it's only a fantasy character so i don't know what are you thinking with your mind right there :/ 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,366
    edited March 2021

moudahaddad said:

what's the reason of not uploading her tho, like it's not she's gonna get kidnapped or something plus your gonna get paid from it and it's only a fantasy character so i don't know what are you thinking with your mind right there :/ 

An artist is entirely entitled to keep or want to keep creative control of their work. Any reason is fine, and no reason is necessary.

A lot of sellers want to create a visual trademark for their products, but even without that as a consideration, you can just want your character to be uniquely yours, not an actor that anyone can use. I know I wouldn't want to see the cover of some adult visual novel where one of my characters had been made seven cup sizes larger, with the promise that the contents involve several dozen pages humiliating them in various ways.

Also, more than that, as peache says, the textures are edited from another character, so resale would be against licence anyway.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on