Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

could the browser add-on get a listing of everything you own by full price rather than current sale price ( like high to low)?

Theoretically it could, but while Chrome is doing okay, Firefox is already struggling with some of the calculations it needs to do on the fly--and another feature that affects the displayed items would slow it down even more. So unless many people want this feature, I wouldn't risk putting it in.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693

Any chance for an iOS version ever?

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561

Any chance for an iOS version ever?

Sadly probably not. :-/ Apple requires you use their products to build stuff for their products...and my Mac died this past summer. T_T Also, Safari's extension system is...unique, so very little of the work we've done would even translate. We'd essentially be starting over... I did do some digging around using Firefox or Chrome on iOS to get around Apple's totalitarianism, but alas neither of those browsers can use extensions on that platform--here's a note from Mozilla on the topic: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-ons-firefox-ios We're sad they've made it such a pointlessly high hill to climb too... :'(

edited October 2019

Greetings Sale-or's! (heh)

I've just fixed a couple bugs in the Daz-Deals extension which should make shopping this sale even nicer!

First, I've removed the price sorting from the coupon links--sorry that took so long to tweak. I'd recommend using the "Clear All" button between coupon filtering as there's something in the Daz site code preventing a simple URL change to properly change the page. JavaScript is black magic some days...especially other people's...

Second, the "View These Artists Together" link handles the latest-and-greatest variation of the "artist tiles" on the Daz site. So, that growing list of artists at the bottom of the PC+ sales page should now be viewable as a group! Huzzah!

If you've got the extension all ready, it should just magically upgrade. If not, grab your copy below!

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc
    Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/

Enjoy!
    Overdrawn & Ati

Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 568
    edited October 2019

Thank you. :) It's nice to have the "view these artist together" link working again. And now that I know it's part of your extension, it makes sense that I don't have that option on my phone lol.

Post edited by Quasar on

@Quasar FWIW, if you use Firefox on your phone, the extension should work there also--I use it anyway. :) Not sure about Chrome, though, but might be worth a try.

• sueyasueya Posts: 824

Are any of the Couponia coupons still valid? How do I find out which products go with each coupon?

sueya said:

Are any of the Couponia coupons still valid? How do I find out which products go with each coupon?

I have no idea what those are. The coupon filter is for use with the monthly PC+ coupons.

• sueyasueya Posts: 824
    Ati said:
    sueya said:

I have no idea what those are. The coupon filter is for use with the monthly PC+ coupons.

I have just realised it is an old coupon. However when I went to the store to pay for my cart I had a message from "Piggy" about 7 coupon codes. Has anyone else seen this?

I presume they are all old codes.

edited October 2019

Let's keep this thread for discussion about the browser addon, please.

Post edited by Ati on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I suggest maybe you ought to do an emergency Virus scan,  You may have picked something up at another site

Chohole said:

I suggest maybe you ought to do an emergency Virus scan,  You may have picked something up at another site

Yeah...that does sound concerning. :-/ You might start a new thread with a screenshot of what you are seeing. It doesn't sound like Day...and it's certainly not the extension...

Greetings (again)!

I frequently want to know what items in my cart are on my wishlist, so I know if I am reducing that number or not. ;) Now, thanks to v2.4.5 of the Daz-Deals browser extension, I can!

I also took some time to add an "owned" warning note--as I have nearly checked out with stuff I already owned...this should help prevent that. :)

I hope you enjoy this small tweak!

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

Overdrawn said:

Greetings (again)!

I frequently want to know what items in my cart are on my wishlist, so I know if I am reducing that number or not. ;) Now, thanks to v2.4.5 of the Daz-Deals browser extension, I can!

I also took some time to add an "owned" warning note--as I have nearly checked out with stuff I already owned...this should help prevent that. :)

Nice additions. I also forget sometimes if a product in my cart is in my wishlist or not so that's handy. I tested a product I already own but didn't see a warning about it. Where does the warning show? In the cart?

Quasar said:
    Overdrawn said:

Greetings (again)!

Nice additions. I also forget sometimes if a product in my cart is in my wishlist or not so that's handy. I tested a product I already own but didn't see a warning about it. Where does the warning show? In the cart?

There should be an "owned" label similar to the "new" one. Try reloading the cart.

edited October 2019

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the warning even after rebooting Chrome.

OK, when I first go to the cart after adding a product, none of the little icons show up. If I leave the cart and come back, they all appear, including the owned warning.

Post edited by Quasar on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

On my main computer, the add-on is slowing down the wishlist so I get the yellow Firefox warning and the option to temporarily disable the addon, wait, or stop the script. Waiting doesn't help. I've reinstalled both Firefox and the add-on. The same problem doesn't occur on my laptop or my work computer. I only have 89 items in my wishlist. Sort by percentage off and manage nr of columns do work, but 'multiple wishlists' doesn't - this is as far as I can see what it times out on. Is this a known and/or solvable problem?

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Just started using this tool a few hours ago ... is there a way to filter for only 3DL products?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Just started using this tool a few hours ago ... is there a way to filter for only 3DL products?

Daz doesn't tag those separately.  Really wish they did, though.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    Sevrin said:

Daz doesn't tag those separately.  Really wish they did, though.

I know ... Right?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

my percentage off option is gone and I don\t know how to get it backcrying

Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter is checked

I was trying to enable the advanced feature to find base items for my freebie textures to no avail and lost it

my percentage off option is gone and I don\t know how to get it backcrying

Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter is checked

I was trying to enable the advanced feature to find base items for my freebie textures to no avail and lost it

Try disabling it, and then enabling it again.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I managed to eventually fix it unticking all the advanced stuff and closing reopening 

but not sure what I did to break it

• I can't believe this has been out for 3 years and I'm just now realizing it and installing it. @ati - thank you so much. This is awesome.

I can't believe this has been out for 3 years and I'm just now realizing it and installing it. @ati - thank you so much. This is awesome.

And @Overdrawn . :) This is not a one-man project. :)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I have an iMac and use Google Chrome as my primary browser for shopping on DAZ. I have been using the add-on for a while, love it. But in late August, I started noticing that on the store pages, PC+ and DAZ Original prices were showing only the 30% off prices, not the PC+ membership discount also. I skipped items, thinking the price was too high. The times I put an item into the Shopping Cart, the correct price would appear. So I would have to load the cart with various items, then decide what I could afford, and what had to go on my wishlist.

I have skimmed this thread, saw there was an update to the program in August, not sure it that is the source or not. I have deleted the add-on. Closed Chrome, reopened and added the add-on back on. I have checked the boxes, to make sure everything I want is checked, I did find some things were turned off! Fixed that. 

Do you have any suggestions for a 'Computers for Dummies' person that I might try?

My thanks,

Mary

But in late August, I started noticing that on the store pages, PC+ and DAZ Original prices were showing only the 30% off prices, not the PC+ membership discount also.

The prices are set by Daz, the addon does not influence what price is displayed. Are there any PC+ items now that behave like this, any only show the 30% off?

Yes, they all do. Here is a screeshot of a page of an item I bought today and the main page.

Screenshot 2019-10-27 12.01.24.png
    877 x 287 - 42K
    Screenshot 2019-10-27 12.03.48.png
    1809 x 617 - 1M

Try logging out of Daz, and then logging back in. If it does not help, then only Customer Support can help, as this is an issue with your account in some way.

I had tried logging out before, but did it again. No joy. Thank you. I will submit a CS help request.

This discussion has been closed.