Rotate pelvis keeping feet static

Hello folks, have just updated to 4.12, usually use the G8F model

I've forever had problems when trying to make animations where the hip/pelvis twists whilst keeping the feet static, for the obvious reason that the legs and feet are parented to the hip rather than vice versa. What are the best fixes for this? At the moment, I'm thinking that the ideal fix would be if the transform gizmo in the bone tool's tool setting menu also facilitated rotation. This way one could rotate the pelvis, within reason, whilst the feet below stayed put.

What are the best work arounds for this the community has come up with so far?

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Hello folks, have just updated to 4.12, usually use the G8F model

I've forever had problems when trying to make animations where the hip/pelvis twists whilst keeping the feet static, for the obvious reason that the legs and feet are parented to the hip rather than vice versa. What are the best fixes for this? At the moment, I'm thinking that the ideal fix would be if the transform gizmo in the bone tool's tool setting menu also facilitated rotation. This way one could rotate the pelvis, within reason, whilst the feet below stayed put.

What are the best work arounds for this the community has come up with so far?

I usually rotate the hip and then manually put the feet back in position with appropriate bends and twists of the shin and thigh.   I use a duplicate figure given a solid colour material with the original pose as a guide to help.

If this can be done with IK chains, I'll change my methods but otherwise but I'm still waiting for some tuts!