Combining HD Morphs

Is it possible to combine Gen 8 HD Morphs such as Ana Maria, Claudia Octavia, & Fiona to create a new character?  

I'd like to purchase some Morphs to expierment with and want to know if this is possible.

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731

for your own use you can combine anything...but you cannot make that for sale.

But you should be aware that HD morphs do not combine well, they are designed for specific character features.

• Great,  so for example.  If I like the eye shape of one character, and the nose of another, can I combine the features to form a new character?  I'm trying to make

my own unique characters far from any recognizable stock figures.   thanks again!!

• I think you're going to find the only real answers will be gotten through your own trial and error.  DAZ Studio is awesome in letting us mix and blend characters and features, but sometimes what we have in our mind's eye has technical limitiations.  Some people will be completely thrilled with what they can create, others will shake their angry fists and rant over their sense of being restricted.  If you don't have much of a library available to work with, I recommend finding something on extreme sale, test with it and if the results suit your needs, then proceed to invest.  Aside from the technical aspect of "Is it even possible" only YOU can decide if it meets your expectations.

It would be cool if you can post some samples here of what you came up with after experimenting!

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    irocaye said:

Great,  so for example.  If I like the eye shape of one character, and the nose of another, can I combine the features to form a new character?  I'm trying to make

my own unique characters far from any recognizable stock figures.   thanks again!!

Most full character sets are not broken down to seperate eye and nose and other features like that. So while it may be technically possible to isolate the morphs you want, that is getting into some advanced stuff.

Your best bet for a unique character is to start with a base character that you like and then use some of the built in shaping morphs to modify that into something new.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

If you want that level of granularity, your best bet would be something like this morph set.