Tafi Avatars - anybody use them

ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
edited October 2019 in The Commons

Just got this with the latest Daz 3D Newsletter - anybody use them?

https://maketafi.com/vrchat

Post edited by Artini on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

No.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

I bet this gets piles of posts saying no, we really are not their target customers devil

I dare say quite fun for your average user as are all the little iPad movie making apps with 3D toon people, I even have some installed, are a fair few VR ones too you print a card to project them on with your phone.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I don't even get what this is used for, either I'm too old for this or their front page is not very self explaining ...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

As a DS user obsessed with VR, it's cool to see DAZ doing something with it. I don't do VRchat, but might have to try it now that I see this.

Unless anyone here is into VR, i doubt they would have a use for this.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

As a DS user obsessed with VR, it's cool to see DAZ doing something with it. I don't do VRchat, but might have to try it now that I see this.

Why isn't The Commons a VR chatroom?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273

This is steered to those who are gamers and the new hot item being VR Chat.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    Sevrin said:

Why isn't The Commons a VR chatroom?

Because the same whingers who cannot use it will whine because others should not enjoy what they don't or have features they don't use like everything else devil

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

No, I would prefer using my Daz models in VR, thanks. Maybe if Tafi did that I would be interested.

BTW, Tafi is made of what used to be called Morph3D. All Morph3D content has been pulled from stores that I am aware of, and Tafi is their new thing.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited October 2019

I know of them and might use them later if they produce tools that make pipelining DAZ content I buy into Unity or UE4 easier & of high quality pipeline. And as a fan of different cartoon styles I like the blue haired female avatar on their website. She looks like the stylistic counterpart to JoeQuick's male Toon Hero for G8M

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

BTW, Tafi is made of what used to be called Morph3D. All Morph3D content has been pulled from stores that I am aware of, and Tafi is their new thing.

Alll the old M3D stuff (or at least most) is in this bundle: https://www.daz3d.com/mcs-mega-bundle

• MadaMada Posts: 1,865

I think it would be fun to have a meetup in VRChat by all Daz Studio users who VR :)

Mada said:

I think it would be fun to have a meetup in VRChat by all Daz Studio users who VR :)

I am always in VR, in it now (taking a break from Blade and Sorcery, LOL). I would get VRChat for that

Playing No Man's Sky and Asgard's Wrath currently :) VRChat would be a great way for Daz Studio users all across the world to meet imo

Mada said:

Playing No Man's Sky and Asgard's Wrath currently :) VRChat would be a great way for Daz Studio users all across the world to meet imo

Hows your performance in NMS? Mine is terrible and I really want to like it after having the non VR version. What headset are you using?

Its been great - I have everything set to high and textures set to Ultra... takes a bit to settle down initially when you aproach a planet but after that its good.
    One thing I found helps with performance is to always lauch from inside steam - never use the shortcut on your desktop, I get all kinds of issues doing that. I have a rift and an index - it looks amazing in the index :)

edited October 2019

Just uploaded my first avatar to VRChat using the editor - looks great and the style works really well - will test it out a bit later today

TafiAvatar1.jpg
    175 x 175 - 11K
    Post edited by Mada on

Oh fiy VRChat works in pancake mode too, with headphones and mic

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I'm excited to try this! I think Daz models are a little much for use in VRChat but this will be useful if I ever get a VR setup. 

I like that style.

I am too poor for dedicated VR equipment but I do have a $10 plastic headset bought a WalMart that I can slip my iPhone or Google tablet (7" or less) into to play a VR game. I've actually only tried one and it was a lot of fun. It uses a bluetooth controller & head movement.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006
    Mada said:

I think I'd be up for that as well. Mind you, I have no idea what I'm doing in VR or in Daz.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

So instructions would need to be very clear. I don't use VRChat at the moment - I have a dog to talk to.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,435

I've got PSVR. So if VRChat ever ends up on an app on PSN, then I'll be there. 

I don't intend on getting VR for PC... Unless Daz3D implements it somehow into Studio, then I may consider it (providing my computer can run/cope with it).

• Yeah, VRChat looks like fu---

*Windows Only*

...: Yeah, never mind.