The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 2013

Yay, now Genesis has elf ears. I need to buy Genesis Creature Creator heads. The hair took eight minutes to render in 3Delight.

Genesis_kid_elf.jpg
    503 x 576 - 80K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Whoa teh cuteh elf ears :) Iz raining and gloomy here, wet but warmish. Rain is still a novelty making everything shine like someone amped up the specular highlights :)

edited December 1969

SNOW! tnite

doh, haven't been to laundry mat yet. really should go before sky dumps snow

leftover pizza for me, chickie nuggies for bubby.

hack,hack,wheeze, gargle, uh oh coughing better stay home and put warm socks on.

got shaders to mix :) iz that like alchemy?
    sssnnippp

Devotions. Node or layer cult?

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Anyone else catch this?

hehe you can imagine Dr Strangelove coming up with the calculations for that one :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Well, I'm out of thoughts, then. But if you end up out on the street, how is that better than going somewhere warmer out on the street? I hope you can get something going for you.

Dana

...it doesn't matter much where it is as I don't have the "survival skills" necessary to make it on the street anyway.

I suppose I don't, either, sadly.

Dana

I would ship a fridge full of beer to you all if I could :)
    ...OMG, I remember that beer.

I'm from Milwaukee and I ought to know
    It's Draft Brewed Blatz Beer
    Wherever you go
    Smoother
    Fresher
    Less filling that's clear
    Blatz is Milwaukee's Finest Beer.

Thank you for the thought and the memory.

Yes is a great picture :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    A Seasonal Complaint:

Christmas songs,
    Christmas songs,
    Christmas songs all day.
    Everywhere are Christmas songs,
    And I can't get away...Hey!

Restaurants,
    In the stores,
    On the radio.
    All I hear are Christmas songs,
    Everywhere I go.

I don't really mind
    When it's Christmas week...
    But they start so early now
    The Holidays seem bleak.

Oh Christmas songs,
    Christmas songs,
    Please give me a break.
    No more jingling "Jingle Bells"
    I've had all I can take!

Been doing that at the shopping mall since November here I try to tune out but now ppl in stores are wearing red hats so that's getting difficult :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Anyone else catch this?

hehe you can imagine Dr Strangelove coming up with the calculations for that one :)
    ...'like the self destruct arming code for the USS Enterprise NCC1701 in Star Trek III, The Search for Spock:

"00-Destruct-0"

Guess the Klingons were like the Ancient Romans and didn't have the concept of "0".

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Anyone else catch this?

...'like the self destruct arming code for the USS Enterprise NCC1701 in Star Trek III, The Search for Spock:

"00-Destruct-0"

Guess the Klingons were like the Ancient Romans and didn't have the concept of "0".

There are a lot of things for which they didn't have concepts! :lol:

I'm off to watch the news...see what terrible things have happened, or will happen. Then see how terrible the weather will be. :smirk:

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Anyone else catch this?

"00-Destruct-0"

I'm off to watch the news...see what terrible things have happened, or will happen. Then see how terrible the weather will be. :smirk:

Dana

Hopes that wasn't too traumatic :lol: Sharks have bumped crocs from the news here, it must be close to summer :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Anyone else catch this?

"00-Destruct-0"

Dana

Hopes that wasn't too traumatic :lol: Sharks have bumped crocs from the news here, it must be close to summer :lol:

The jury is out on that one. There is already snow on the cars. I don't know if we escape the ice or not. And now I have to go out tomorrow to help mom. Fun.

Dana

edited December 1969

So much frozen water is a wonder to us :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

"Oh da wedder outside is frightful..."
    No snow here, but on our fifth day in a row of rain (unless I lost count, which is entirely possible) with one more tomorrow...then The Big Bright Thing In The Sky™ comes back.
    Maybe I'll go outside and try to build a Rainman.

Capture.JPG
    562 x 381 - 34K
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    "Oh da wedder outside is frightful..."
    No snow here, but on our fifth day in a row of rain (unless I lost count, which is entirely possible) with one more tomorrow...then The Big Bright Thing In The Sky™ comes back.
    Maybe I'll go outside and try to build a Rainman.

100& chance of rain is pretty confident :)

wb.png
    429 x 168 - 25K
    edited December 1969

Snow on the ground and cars here. It's still doing something...it looks like rain, but the snow is still on the cars and the deck and the grass, so it might be freezing rain. Well, weather.com says it's 36F here, so maybe it's just rain. But why is the snow still there. Diane left the house at 7:00 and said it was raining then. It should be melted by now, right? :blank:

Got to go.

Dana

edited December 1969

Slow start to my morning. Chug-chug-sluggish... :blank:

edited December 1969

There is ice and snow on the ground. Ice is finally starting to melt.

I checked the temperature for Minneapolis, MN. It feels like -25 degrees F with the wind. wow

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is it monday already?

hooked up my old teac receiver to listen to the holiday music stations.

is it me or are a lot of christmas songs like sob stories?

edited December 2013

I can't comment about the Christmas songs because I don't listen to them songs on the radio.

I can run process explorer without seeing a blue screen error. yay

edit: I should not have saved the screenshot as a .jpeg file. I see blurry compression artifacts

process_explorer.jpg
    600 x 500 - 148K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

ahh warming up with veggie souppe. instead of peeling potatoes i used the farm cut spuds :) carrots with the crinkly cut. fesh thyme, put the whole twigs in.

radio was on a roll with good christmas songs, mr.grinch, snoopy, chipmunkks :0 Alvin! Okay!

squirrels should get together for a christmas album.

edited December 1969

....last I understood the squirrels were chewing on Totte's internet cables.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,360
    edited December 2013

I could've swore it was my cats chewing on the cords. I've had to smack them on a ass a few times cause of it

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I have a headache. I do not feel like asking for a pain killer as I doubt it would help.

edited December 1969

cats and squirrels in cahoots? can it be worse than a zombie alpakalypse?

edited December 1969

ahh warming up with veggie souppe. instead of peeling potatoes i used the farm cut spuds :) carrots with the crinkly cut. fesh thyme, put the whole twigs in.

radio was on a roll with good christmas songs, mr.grinch, snoopy, chipmunkks :0 Alvin! Okay!

squirrel_with_banjo.gif
    188 x 184 - 75K
    squirrelharmonicaavatar.gif
    140 x 150 - 93K
    sant.gif
    240 x 248 - 69K
    edited December 1969

...was over on the ESPN site to check the latest college BB rankings. Found a curious article that dealt with the issue of low scoring games.

Now last week in the Big Ten - ACC Challenge, Wisconsin drew Virginia as an opponent. Now the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) is known as The #1 power conference in all of College basketball and has a lot of teams that usually score pretty high (80s - 90s). The Big Ten teams on the other hand tend to play a more "defensive" game, particularly, Wisconsin. The final score in that match-up was 48 - 38, Wisconsin winning the contest with its "suffocating" style of defence. 38 points was also the lowest Virginia had been held to in over 20 years. As a friend of mine mentioned, that score is more what one would expect in a girls' HS basketball game instead of a 1A collegiate tournament.

In the article there was a statement that just made my morning:

[ESPN.com]...but the NCAA deserves credit for putting itself on the right track. The reasoning might be a bit backward -- don't force the referees to call more fouls because scoring is down; force referees to call fouls because they're fouls -- but there's no reason to stop there. If you can get Wisconsin up to 73 a game just by whispering in the refs' ears, we'll operate under the premise that anything's possible.

...BTW, Wisconsin moved up in the AP poll to #4 in the nation with a 10 - 0 record. They may not score a lot of points, but the do get wins.

edited December 1969

Morning. A big storm crossed over us in the night, is cool and a little squelchy underfoot right now :)

edited December 2013

is it monday already?

I guess

When we finally kiss good night
    How I'll hate going out in the storm!
    But if you'll really hold me tight
    All the way home I'll be warm

(something da da) is slowly dying
    And, my dear, we're still goodbying
    But as long as you love me so
    Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Sam Cahn I think :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    is it monday already?

I guess

When we finally kiss good night
    How I'll hate going out in the storm!
    But if you'll really hold me tight
    All the way home I'll be warm

(something da da) is slowly dying
    And, my dear, we're still goodbying
    But as long as you love me so
    Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Sam Cahn I think :)

they be playing a rod stewart version of that song.
    at the end the female vocal says like 'yoo know how to wear a girl down'. maggie may? :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

banjo on my knee :)

This discussion has been closed.