The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

PC club drop, can't believe these are two bucks each. The ones this week I mean. Well every week really.

PC.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 107K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Messing about with morph sliders and Genesis 1.

Is with the basic head morphs ?
    Yep.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    Messing about with morph sliders and Genesis 1.

Is with the basic head morphs ?

Yep.

works well :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    PC club drop, can't believe these are two bucks each. The ones this week I mean. Well every week really.

Not much clearance there... wouldn't want to see an oncoming speed hump... o.o.
  • IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    IceScribe said:
    ps1borg said:
    IceScribe said:
    My complaint. Laptop computer no longer recognizes the power cord that came with it, so it won't recharge the battery. The cord apparently has lost its grabbiness and just falls out of the laptop. So does my hubby's identical powercord, just falls out with the slightest movement.

No complaint. But, my hubby's identical laptop will recharge my battery, so it's within the laptop where the grabbing/charging no longer occurs. His battery is now in my puter, and so I can use it.

Gonna be nice and chilly tonight in the Los Angeles area maybe 36F. After a summer that seemed to last for a year, it's a relief.

Output of entiire industrialised world bought undone by a fraying power chord *facepalm* :lol:

DRy heat for us today

Certainly in this part of the industrialized world, production ceased, with a lot of loud and critical commentary and some loud shouts of disbelief at the cost of replacing said cord, and or said battery from said hubby. All is well now, as we are successful with the battery switching and production will resume with new goodies obtained from the low low low sale from DAZ for items that will run in my old versions of Studio (3 and 4).

It's finally raining where I am, near Los Angeles! Yay! Not very cold either. Thermometer outside says 50F. The rain is polite. It drips, then stops, drips, stops. All day, easy to step outside and not get soaked. Complaint: Barely enough to soak the ground beyond a thin layer. We have a municipal water use surcharge, so neighbors simply stopped watering, and so many trees have withered to death in our neighborhood from lack of water. We had some good rains a few years ago, but that was El Nino effect which I guess has left. Our ancient floor heater was replaced by a craftsman who still knows how to install such ancient devices, a new one which was off by 1.5 inches, but he made it fit. Toasty! Our fireplace is unuseable after an earthquake which left the chimney stable, but cracked the fire resistant brick lining. Cost at time of estimate was $10K. It's probably 3x that by now. It looks lovely with a a pair of andirons, and a votive candle, total cost about $5.

I think the El Nino oscillation means when it rains here it is dry there and vice-versa. We just had fifteen years of dry, our turn to be wet now, they don't call us the land of drought and flooding rains for nothing. But we don't get earthquakes, we missed the Pacific ring of fire by a thousand miles or so phew, our wild fires are ebil enough :lol:

Rain is gone, just a few puffy clouds so it's going to be very cold for us tonight. Might get to 30sF.

I've read a little news about the wildfires in Australia, and the flooding. Very scary!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Hi M F M, we were wondering where you were.

I just noticed that Victoria 5 comes with different breast shapes.

I see you found the ridiculous shape! :-P Or should I say a ridiculous shape?

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    So I'm sitting here reading this thread because I'm curious what you all have been up to lately... Well, that and I got bored waiting for a render to complete...
    Yeah... so I'm just sitting here and I start to feel itchy... like I have little hairs tickling me...
    I scratch my arm.. my forehead... my neck...
    nothing too odd...
    But after a while it keeps happening...
    Only now it starts to feel like something is walking on me...
    lots of somethings...
    I turn the light on and find hundreds of little spiderlings all over me (mostly me), my desk and my keyboard.

Thank you mother nature for sharing your wonder and beauty...
    Now get it the hell off of me.

Just though I'd share that with those of you with arachnophobia.

Sleep well.

You're mean! I don't have that problem, though. I like spiders...though maybe not that much. :) I saw a thing on the weather channel dot com today about a town where there was major flooding. Afterwards there was what appeared to be snow all over. It looked like a blanket of snow in the picture. But it was spider webs...thousands and thousands of them. :bug:

Dana

So what do you call that, a swarm of spiders? Blanket doesn't sound important enough. Swarm of spiders? Like swarms of goblins in the Hobbit movie?

Blankets are plenty important...go to bed in the middle of a cold winter night without one.

But actually, I call it spooky, creepy, and good that it was far from me. I like spiders, but I hate walking through one of their webs. Especially when it hits me in the face. Eww!

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Yeah, there are some pretty good PC items. There always have been. They're even better when they're on sale for $1! It's hard to complain about that.

Dana

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ps1borg said:

Not much clearance there... wouldn't want to see an oncoming speed hump... o.o.

Sacrificing comfort for style there hehe :lol: that's why they are called fashion victims I guess o/\o

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Yeah, there are some pretty good PC items. There always have been. They're even better when they're on sale for $1! It's hard to complain about that.

Dana

The impractical vehicles like the low slung bike are teh cute, very stylish :)

edited December 1969

IceScribe said:

snipsnip

Rain is gone, just a few puffy clouds so it's going to be very cold for us tonight. Might get to 30sF.

I've read a little news about the wildfires in Australia, and the flooding. Very scary!

A fridge full of beer gets us through most things here, is when the ice runs out and the beer gets warm that stuff gets scary :lol:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

IceScribe said:
    Getting a job seems to have all sorts of ridiculous hurdles these days. I remember just walking with the want-ad in the paper to my prospective place of employment, and getting hired, starting the next Monday. My granddaughter just got her first job---at a 99cent store! She's graduating with honors from high school, but that's who was hiring in her neighborhood that wasn't a food service job. She's a cashier, and learning to stock shelves. It's valuable experience, but jeeze, I had hoped for better for my descendants! My hubby decided to try for a job at the airport. He passed the tests, he passed the interviews, he met all the criteria, he was on the list. Then he got a notice that he could not fill the position---because he had a tattoo on his hand! Don't those guys wear gloves anyway? It's a tiny silly thing compared to today's taste in tats, barely noticeable, and of course a bandaid or a glove would have solved the problem. But he qualified in all the other stuff, but was really on the truth of it, too old. They are not allowed to say that or use that as a consideration. But I ask yez, in the city of Los Angeles, at the airport, what are the odds that others have more vibrant, more coverage, more controversial, or just more tats? He was just too old, and so am I. Today's employers can choose among younger people who don't remember days off, paid holidays, dental, vision and medical benefits, overtime pay, bonuses, and regular 40hours work week, are more credentialed, and more likely to go with the flow, as we used to say.

...yeah, age is an issue even though (supposedly) there are laws against discrimination. Companies would rather hire some kid fresh out of college o trad school with no life experience because they feel they can get away with paying them less and they (the grads) won't care because they feel fortunate they have a "foot in the door". Us older more experienced folks, well because of all the years we put in, we might demand more for out services than they want to offer. I really really hate it when I'm told I'm "over qualified". I don't really care if the position is a notch or two "beneath" the qualifications on my resume, I need a bleedin' job to keep a roof over my head.

In this case, accepting a step or two backwards can actually move one forward.

Now granted, because of certain physical limitations, I am not a good candidate for a position that requires a lot of muscle or very fine dexterity. That makes it tough enough as it leaves out most manual labour, warehouse, and assembly positions which make up a large portion of the "unskilled" labour force here. However to be passed over because of age is to say the least, very discouraging. I would actually appreciate it if they just stopped being so bloody evasive sometimes and flatly said they didn't hire me because I'm too old.

Of course then they might feel I could have a case to press. Yeah right, like I can afford an attorney who is better than their shysters, and even if I won, would I want to work there afterwards?

I saw Elysium the other night at the neighbourhood cinema (where my old age at least gets me senior rates). I couldn't help but feel that society wise, this could be where we are heading.

edited December 2013

DanaTA said:
    Well, I'm out of thoughts, then. But if you end up out on the street, how is that better than going somewhere warmer out on the street? I hope you can get something going for you.

Dana

...it doesn't matter much where it is as I don't have the "survival skills" necessary to make it on the street anyway.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    Well, I'm out of thoughts, then. But if you end up out on the street, how is that better than going somewhere warmer out on the street? I hope you can get something going for you.

Dana

...it doesn't matter much where it is as I don't have the "survival skills" necessary to make it on the street anyway.

I suppose I don't, either, sadly.

Dana

edited December 2013

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

I would ship a fridge full of beer to you all if I could :)

bt.png
    546 x 352 - 160K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    M F M said:
    Wow new thread, and already page 8 O.o... hey y'all (^_^)n.

No sign of Teh Loach yet?

*waves* meh give it some time :)

wavy wavy :) welcome back

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    winter hasn't even started yet. not even the shortest day of the year yet. yet we're closer to the sun. north america is on the shorter wobble?

playin with my boyds faeries music box. one plays the tea for two song and ... one is 'thats what friends are for'.
    wined wined ... duhruhduh duhruhduh

Storm is passing over, early afternoon here and getting real dark already and a hot north wind blowing fat raindrops all over :)

non moisturish of winter and the crackle of live static lectricity - zwap - owww :lol:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

BEER!

edited December 1969

Should make more of an effort for good stuff I guess :lol:

GISRacer2_02_006smlMod1.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 90K
    edited December 2013

iz so cute when my buppycakes sleeps with his head on a pillow.

not sunrise yet. is coffee or tea better before sunrise?

should i try to go back to sleep or tackle the cloister of trials at macalania? boss battle with seymore coming up and i don't have the dispell spell yet.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Tronscape? :)

edited December 2013

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

BEER!

hehe hopes you have plenty :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Tronscape? :)

I thought since it was a bit Tron like there should be a landscape instead of a machine scape :)

edited December 1969

SNOW! tnite

doh, haven't been to laundry mat yet. really should go before sky dumps snow

leftover pizza for me, chickie nuggies for bubby.

hack,hack,wheeze, gargle, uh oh coughing better stay home and put warm socks on.

got shaders to mix :) iz that like alchemy?
    choochoos to render
    animations to finish
    manuscripts to edit
    muffins to bake
    naps to take
    buppy to snuggle

and iz 11am already ?! i need a tardis to do everything, type 40.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'm up and had 1 cup of coffee. Evidently the spiders didn't get me last night. Reports that Austin had some light snow, but my daughter said it was gone by 7:30 when she got up. Lots of wrecks on the icy roads though.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I see you found the ridiculous shape! :-P Or should I say a ridiculous shape?

Dana

Natural Gravity Morphs for Genesis Female make breasts look more... natural. :D

Genesis_ngm.jpg
    503 x 576 - 90K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

...OMG, I remember that beer.

I'm from Milwaukee and I ought to know
    It's Draft Brewed Blatz Beer
    Wherever you go
    Smoother
    Fresher
    Less filling that's clear
    Blatz is Milwaukee's Finest Beer.

Thank you for the thought and the memory.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

..outracing the volcano?
    edited December 1969

SNOW! tnite

doh, haven't been to laundry mat yet. really should go before sky dumps snow

leftover pizza for me, chickie nuggies for bubby.

hack,hack,wheeze, gargle, uh oh coughing better stay home and put warm socks on.

got shaders to mix :) iz that like alchemy?
    choochoos to render
    animations to finish
    manuscripts to edit
    muffins to bake
    naps to take
    buppy to snuggle

and iz 11am already ?! i need a tardis to do everything, type 40.

...no snow (yet) but really cold.
    12-08.jpg
    489 x 502 - 72K
    edited December 2013

found i had a paulaner in my lettuce drawer from like last Febr,

is it still good to drink? would make pizza extra special!

i'm trying the tc on the sylfie texture :) doin the tc on my lil 1gb netbook.

hmmm what they mean commit charge?

comchg.jpg
    385 x 547 - 102K
    Post edited by Mistara on
This discussion has been closed.