Bryce Render Challenge number 37 ← That Way Madness Lies →

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076
    edited September 2019

Horo : very nice tunnel, beautiful fish eye effect. Madness to go inside for people with claustrophobia.

My last entry : "After the bushifire".

After the bush fire.jpg
    973 x 486 - 148K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

adbc - thank you. Very well done scene, the ash and burnt ground look great under this sky.

Horo : thank you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Adbc - awesome see the lighting is excellent

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2019

Very nice, AdBc...and so apt, too, as the current Amazon forests are being subject to such (intentional bushfires ??? etc.,).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

S Ray: Totally mad; reality is more mad than fantasy (often).

Horo: That is a fantastic scary hallway. Wonderful fish-eye view.

Thank you Hansmar.

mermaid, Jamahoney : thank you.

• @ ed3D: I'm looking forward to the final result.
    @S Ray: Violent. Well done and unfortunately very true.
    @Horo: Very good tunnel effect. Acts really menacing in this endless space.
    @ adbc: Very good work. Looks fantastic in this very successful light.

drachenlords - thank you.

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited September 2019

Some fun and often poignant images. 

I've really enjoyed viewing them…

Here's my entry.

Title “Nobody touches my dolly”

Hallway and Genesis 2 stuff from DAZ. Posed in DS 4.6. A little modeling work done in Modo.

Primarily illuminated by a single dome light and 2 radials for fill lighting.

Rendered at 16 RPP, TA enabled. Just over 12 hours to render. Most of the reader time was due to dome lighting the trans mapped hair.

Good luck to all and thanks for taking a look!

Bryce Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/10dulcbue/

Voyager 4 Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/16xw3g6au/

nobudy_touches__my_dolly.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 163K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Dan - oh my, that guy wasn't lucky. Great idea and render.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    Sray...great scary render...sadly this madness is becoming all too common... Adbc... great scene after the fire... Ed3d...good start Danwhiteside...scary scene... leave that dolly alone if you want to live. Fun scene

drachenlords, mtnmen : thank you.

Dan Whiteside : scary... superb render.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited September 2019

Horo:     _Very Good_

adbc:    _ well done

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited October 2019

_And 

Title: supposeing  Here Comes The Night  ?? or  Sweet Dreams  ??

_clothes are Pajamas for Michael 5 - made the top texture

_made Bed and Safety Posts with Blender

Here-Comes-the-Night-1FF.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 479K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited October 2019

My entry:

"Queuing for a new iPhone"

I'll add more detailed comment later.

street 16.jpg
    1935 x 1290 - 2M
    Post edited by akmerlow on

ed3D - or the night brings bad dreams. Nicely done scene.

akmerlow - haha, now that's a cool idea. Quite some people around. Well done.

ed3D : thank you. Great image, she looks scared about the night.

akmerlow : great idea, lots of people. Nice scene.

• Hi
    My picture is still rendering and I wanted to ask for a bit more time. I'm afraid I think I'll need still 12 hours. Thanks a lot.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Dan Whiteside - cool idea and awesome render.

ed3D - vey nice image, I agree she looks afraid.

akmerlow - great idea, it is madness when Apple releases a new model.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@akmerlow... truly madness for sure... fun image... lots of crazy people

edited October 2019

So, if you allow corrections, here is an improved version:

Now, more details:

An idea came to me after my friend told me a story from his life. One day he was returning to work during lunch break and stumbled upon a big queue of people in front of clothing shop. Then several guys approached him and said that they will pay him if he'll wait for an hour in the queue until they return back. Of course, he refused. Also, he heard that some people were selling their places in queue for a huge price. All those people were in a line for new sneakers released by a well known sport clothes brand; and while those sneakers were expensive, price for places in queue was several times more than price of product itself. Madness! Then i remembered that behaviour is same every time new iDevice is being released, but ultimately it doesn't matter what exactly they are lining up for.

What i used:

City street is "Einkaufsstrasse" by Mausel at sharecg. When i sent it from DAZ to Bryce "as it is", it took around 3600 mb ram, which was awful! Then i followed an advice from SlepAlex and decided to change textures to Bryce-native materials. That helped hugely; also decided not to import elements that i wouldn't show in frame, so in the end city street with procedural materials made Bryce eating just 200 mb ram, which was certainly good enough. Materials i borrowed from pre-installed bryce library or some additional content packs, though slightly adjusted for different colours etc. I admit that my results look "outdated", like 90s render, hopefully in future i'll improve skills of choosing best materials or learn how generate realistic walls etc. myself. I went with most simple light and sky setup because i was getting very weird results with IBL etc. so i decided that it "works ok" in this simple but functional way.

"Lowpoly People" is another freebie, downloadable from sketchfab, author is  Loïc Norgeot. They are 1500 polys with x1024 diffuse map, pretty lightweighted. Before adding them to scene, i experimented with methods of turning those five people into crowd - see my other thread for details. But unlike those population experiments, for this city scene i coudn't do crowd with random replicate (it didn't work with collision detection option for some reason), and instancing lab method didn't prove to be right tool either (as it lacks collision detection afaik). So i went into traditional way of manual copy paste, i mean, making instances, then more instances, then more instances, while moving here and there, to fill up the whole street. I also changed pivot (origin handle) for each person so i could freely rotate them (as their pivot was in some weird place after import). I got around 2000 people in scene, i guess, as result.

Cars are freebies as well. The one in the centre of street is "Muscle Car" by Anders Lejczak (btw it seems like he used bryce... in early 00s, then moved) and two other cars are Celica GT by yomiuri. Found these models at poserdazfreebies wiki.

street 19.png
    1935 x 1290 - 4M
    Post edited by akmerlow on

akmerlow - even better.

Horo, adbc, mermaid010, mtnmen - thanks for kind comments.

-

I added comments in previous post with freebies crediting.

thanks for kind comments _

edited October 2019

ENTRY

Title:   Here Comes The Night .. Sweet Dreams,  then

Here-Comes-the-Night-1FF.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 479K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited October 2019

Finally here my first (and most probably last) entry for this challenge. "Hitmen Madness"

Hitmen Madness

ThatWayMadnessLies.jpg
    1137 x 1022 - 674K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

OK     does anyone else need any more time?

Horo:
    "Mad Passage" - or maybe you are wizard or sorcerer or even elf yourself, and this is hotel where all fairy and legendary creatures live! So say "hi" to your neighbors in the morning!

adbc:
    "After the bushfire" - this may sound inappropriately from me, but first impression i get from you picture is... pretty beautiful land. Only after reading title i payed attention to state of trees and ash on the ground.

Dan Whiteside:
    “Nobody touches my dolly” - oh, never never never again! :o

ed3D:
    "Here Comes The Night .. Sweet Dreams,  then" - nice expansion on idea.

Electro-Elvis:
    "Hitmen Madness" - wow, the hunter becomes the hunted!