Bryce Render Challenge number 37 ← That Way Madness Lies →

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,098

mermaid, Jamahoney, Horo, MelanieL, Hansmar, ed3D, Tim82 : thanks for the nice comments.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Horo, many thanksyes.

MelanieL...'calm out of chaos' is what I always think when ever looking at these ants on the ground (and between my toes sometimes, too wink).

Cheers, Hansmar...some ants are more mad than others, as some move at extraordinary, amazing speeds.

Thanks also, Ed3D...it was a 'sweet' render to do cheeky.

Jay

edited September 2019

It's kind of hard to avoid the whole 'climate change' issue at the moment, and as there is a bit of madness about the various people, opinions and research out there, I'll think I'll call this 'World Madness' (2nd entry).

Jay

ClimateChange.jpg
    1200 x 611 - 538K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996

Jay - I love it, the idea and the presentation....awesome, blue button pressed. laugh

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,116

Jay - excellent how you present the topic. Reading opinions and reports, we came a long way from nuclear winter to global warning.

edited September 2019

Cheers, Mermaid...if only pressing such a button could solve it all wink.

You're so right, Horo (temperature-rise, pollution, ozone, oceans and ice-melt), but so many more areas being affected. Thanks again smiley

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,981
    Jamahoney said:
    Thanks also, Ed3D...it was a 'sweet' render to do cheeky.

Jay

_alright then     _giggle_ _giggle_

Jamahoney : Excellent idea, cool image.  A real actual problem !

edited September 2019

Jamahoney :  World Madness     good idea  _well done

Post edited by ed3D on

Oh thanks, AdBc and Ed3D...yes...if we get enough button-presses here on the Bryce Forum, I'm sure the climate will finally be fixed devil

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited September 2019

Fantastic idea, Jay, and very well made.

My third entry: "What is it good for?"

I used free items from the web and the VAW City by Drachenlords. The explosion was made in Bryce.

Rendering in Bryce, of course.

explosion2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 578K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, high-five!

Jay

Hansmar - awfully well done.

Hansmar - awesome, love the explosion

Hansmar : Outstanding render, the explosion is very realistic. Good work.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Jay, Horo, Mermaid, adbc: Thanks. But please, you and others: send in some renders, there is just a few entries so far.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2019

@Tim82
    Ah, Mushroom Home is best home. This is cute and nice! Congratulations!

@Jamahoney
    Yes, now i see! "Summer Madness", great combo of ants and honey. I also like how lights goes through honey stick.  I think one can mistake this render for a social advertisment photo in magazine. "World Madness" - also great work, touches problems that can't be ignored.

@adbc
    "What happened here?" Something really shocking, i suppose. Nice!
    p.s. It reminds me a bit of a moment from a videogame called Demon's Souls. That game is dark fantasy, with undead knights, dragons, magic etc. And if you have internet connection when playing it, you can see footsteps of different players in various forms. Some players leave useful messages for others that you can read (like advice on how to defeat demon king or evil vivern), but sometimes you see a bloodstain. Bloodstain is left where other player died  (you can even touch it to play animation of player's ghost last moments, to understand how he died). And in some places of virtual world of that game, where there is very powerful and strong enemy awaiting new players, you can see tons and tons and tons of such bloodstaines, left by many other players who failed to defeat the evil. So when you see such, you know what to expect.

@Hansmar
    War, war never changes :(
    Great depiction.

But please, you and others: send in some renders, there is just a few entries so far.

Well, this is a difficult theme (madness), perhaps. Me, for example, still haven't thought of right idea for it.

Post edited by akmerlow on

Hansmar - yes, I also noticed that there are very few - though excellent - entries. Unfortunately, I haven't got an inspiration yet.

edited September 2019

This is one of the most challenging challenges,  my 1st entry; I used elements from these two products and freebies. http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-environments-inclement-weather  and  https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-terrain-stacking/

Sheer Madness

sheer madness.jpg
    900 x 450 - 256K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • @ akmerlow: Thank you

@ Jamahoney: Summer Madness - Really cool render and a great idea.
    World Madness - Very good idea for a current topic. Well presented.

@ adbc: beautiful interaction of materials and light. I like it .

@ Hansmar: Very good explosion, even if the topic is scary. Good work.

@ mermaid: Beautiful scenery and it is really crazy to stand on the wings of an airplane in this weather.

Hansmar:     good explosion

mermaid:    well done

akmerlow, drachenlords : thank you.

mermaid : Excellent render. Very well done.

Hansmar : lack of inspiration I suppose, have some ideas but still WIP......

Thanks drachenlords, ed3D and adbc

• Here is my last entry. The madness only to look at his phone and forget the world around him.
    Title: Smombie World

Smombieworld.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 736K
    edited September 2019

mermaid - that's indeed madness to fly in this weather and on top of it, on top of the aircraft.

drachenlords - great entry The modern world has its own madness.

Amazingly, I had an astronomical madness idea.

My first entry.
    Name: Unwelcome.
    Used: Selfmade geocrafted terrain, Gasclouds_B07 HDRI from Hypertextures Base.
    Shooting stars made from cones and spheres, in Bryce 5 such could be made with volumetric spot lights within seconds.

Unwelcome

Unwelcome.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 195K
    Post edited by Horo on

Yeah, Mermaid...that guy on the plane is simply, well...wink mad.

Cheers, Drachenlords...and LOVE your last entry...so funny, and so relevant today (I was walking past a famous monument one time, where up to a dozen young people were sitting on the steps, but jeez, it was so funny as everyone of them was thumbing through their phone, and none communicating with each other).

Very nice, Horo...I'd say reality more than madness, as we will get struck someday.

Jay

• @ Horo: Thank you.
    Your entry is absolutely Wow! Very nice Armageddon mood.

@ Jay: Thank you.
    Yes, it is sometimes really crazy how some people do not talk anymore, sit next to each other and prefer to chat.

drachenlords - excellent entry, very apt for today's world.

Horo - thanks. Unique idea and awesome render

Jay - thanks

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

some really greaat renders so far...nice work everyone :)