WELCOME TO THE 5TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND

jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
edited November 2013 in Freebies

WELCOME to the 5th annual “December Winter Wonderland” contest/challenge.

This years theme will once again be “Once upon a time, fantasy and fun” but with a twist. I want you to take characters in literature, film or stage, and tell a story about them that we don’t know. And since it’s December, it must have something to do with winter or December in it. It can be real stories or not but it has to be fantasy type stories. You will be judged on how close you have followed the theme as much as how much you catch the judges eye with your render.
I will have my famous 1-hour mini snowman render contest. I am starting it on the 2nd and running through the 14th announcing the winner on the 15th. There will be a $5 GC to use at DAZ from me and something from music to the winner. I will post the rules to the mini in another post. If you are looking for a snowman here is a snowbaby link from RDNA. http://www.runtimedna.com/newsletter/2012_11_24/index.html

THE RULES:
the standard contest rules will be upheld this month here is the link http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/ with a couple exceptions.
#1, I will allow 8 minimum for free items,
#6, I WILL allow all Morph++ free this months only
#11, I’m going to give a limit of 3 renders per person. Contest will end the usual time and day end of the month midnight as always.
ALL DAZ people will be considered a no count item so you can use ANY DAZ person for this months contest.

Winners will get the DAZ GS
1st is $15.00
2nd is $12.00
3rd is $8.00

Jaderail will also be giving his usual donation.

Music will also be donating his complete Santa Workshop

I am also looking for donations for entrants if anyone would like to donate this month

also, I'm looking for 3 judges as well.

I think that is about all so let's have some fun. I have pies and snowballs to start the fun

here is the link to the gallery http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/dec2013/

Post edited by jeeperz on

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 2013
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kendal

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

For those who have not seen it, here is my Santa's Workshop. Complete with many movable static props, the door open and close including the garage doors for Santa's sleigh, also included. The snow environment is also included. It is in Poser format for both Poser and Daz users. There are three .pp2 files...the workshop, the sleigh and the snow environment.

The three top winners will get this.

:-)

Real_Man_avatar_35886.jpg
    100 x 100 - 19K
    SW101.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 225K
    SantasSleighDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 176K
    SantasWorkshop1Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 160K
    SantasWorkshopSceneDaz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 217K
    edited December 1969

Thanks music.

edited December 1969

To the winner of the mini contest...I will donate my Santa's Store display with movable static props. A typical setting in many department stores. Having some fun here with it, I have the slobbering mad man Santa, which is NOT included. You must provide your own Santa...lol.

SantaDisplayDaz4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 274K
    SantaDisplayDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 154K
    SantaDisplayDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 100K
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Thanks music.

You're welcome dear.

SPLAT!

100 x 100 - 20K
    edited December 1969

to get things started.... I'll post the 3 winners from last year

a_winta.jpg
    475 x 675 - 289K
    princess.jpg
    640 x 462 - 78K
    lucy_and_schroeder.jpg
    640 x 384 - 27K
    edited December 1969

well that didn't come out in the right order... da winta queen was #1

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:
    Thanks music.

You're welcome dear.

SPLAT!

OMG music... I just noticed the splat on my avatar. FUNNY............ ROFLMAO

You crack me up... It took me a while to get it, I spent all day in bed yesterday will a tummy ache.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Hey...Hey! HEY!!!! Quit passin' dat pich'a 'round!! I done tolt ya dat it ain't me!!! Jeeze....

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

So who's making the banner? Happy Happy December everybody!

edited December 1969

Music usually does it, but I forgot to ask him.

edited December 1969

so before I start the 1-hour mini snowman render contest I just had to post this pix that I found, LMAO when I saw it

snowbutt.jpg
    200 x 144 - 44K
    edited December 2013

WELCOME to the 1-hour snowman mini render challenge. for those of you that have never tried the 1-hour mini render, now is the time. The winner will get a $5 DAZ GC from me as well as the Santa Store Display from music2u4u. The render I posted was what gave me the idea for this challenge. I was able to do it in under an hour.
    The rules are simple, there are no rules… well maybe a couple of them.
    1. you must have a snowman in your render (it doesn’t have to be a free one and can be any gender)
    2. You must post before you start your render letting us know you are entering the challenge so that the DAZ clock will show what time you start, and you must post again before the hour is up with your render done. If you fail to get it done within the hour, then it doesn’t count. You can try again, but you have to make a completely different render.
    3. YOU MUST START OUT WITH A BLANK PROGRAM WHEN YOU BEGIN THE CHALLENGE, once you make your first post then you can go back and start adding your props and stuff. I have no way of knowing if you cheat or not so you are on your honor in this one. You can use any combination of paid or free items, all paid, all free, it doesn’t matter. You don't need to list the items you used. Now I can hear you all saying, “there is no way I can get everything together and render it in under an hour”. Now here are some tips to help you achieve this in under an hour.
    1. have your program up and running BEFORE you post the first time
    2. make sure you know what you are doing and where all the files are so that you can get to them quickly
    3. Set your rendering options to the lowest setting so you don't forget. My system for one takes forever to render at high rez. You can go back later and render it again at the higher rez and re-post the render after the fact. The most important thing is to get it done in the 1 hour allotted time. This is the challenge. But fun for those up to the challenge….

Postwork is not allowed for the render if you have to go back to do the higher Rez. If you can do the render and NOT have to re render at higher Rez and you can do it in under an hour.... Go for it. Don't know if that is possible but if it is, then please keep Postwork to a minimum since most barely have enough time to complete it in under an hour.

The mini will run through the 14th and I will announce the winner on Sunday the 15th.

my_1hour_mini_rendr.jpg
    648 x 455 - 280K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2013

NAE - just something to show what can be done in five minutes with four sphere primitives (two white, two black). I'm sure you can do a better job than this. (Some proper textures, and maybe a bump map, would work wonders here. A cone primitive for a carrot-nose would also help...)

primitive_snowman.png
    400 x 517 - 93K
    Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

was going to post several winners from the past mini's but the site only lets me go back to 2012 si here is the winner from last years mini. THIS WAS DONE IN UNDER AN HOUR.

snow_mystery_assanis_21.jpg
    993 x 740 - 526K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Off topic but...Renderosity has started their annual Holiday Give-away!

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes that is mentioned in the thread on Christmas Calenders

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes that is mentioned in the thread on Christmas Calenders

Sorry, I don't bop around to a lot of threads. I didn't even know there was one for that. Thought I was doing something nice.

Dana

edited December 2013

since I can't get on the older site threads to give you some more examples, here are some more that were entered for last year

turf_2.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 505K
    SnowBabyFridge.jpg
    600 x 485 - 14K
    Hostile_Natives.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 82K
    deer-snowman1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 152K
    edited December 1969

now don't be shy everyone..... Lets get going.... the mini only goes through the 14th...

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I plan on entering but I am stuck at work ATM.

I am sure you will some takers soon. :)

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,196
    edited December 1969

How many times can you enter the mini contest? I tried to find that out from it's main post but my eyes are going buggy hunting down Christmas freebies..lol

edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    How many times can you enter the mini contest? I tried to find that out from it's main post but my eyes are going buggy hunting down Christmas freebies..lol

I've never had anyone ask before so I guess as many times as you want to. I only have a limit for the main contest so go for it CalieVee enter as many as you like for the 1-hour mini.

edited December 2013

I made you a banner Jeeperz. In honor of BWSman. The image that Jeeperz posted got him a win at Runtimedna so I thought why not give him a nod. If you down loaded the banner berfore 2:15 DAZ time then please download again the first one will not work. It was too big.

Dec-banner.png
    480 x 80 - 20K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2013

That's odd - I can't upload the signature image. I can upload other images, but not "sig_img_1437216.png"

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    I made you a banner Jeeperz. In honor of BWSman. The image that Jeeperz posted got him a win at Runtimedna so I thought why not give him a nod. If you down loaded the banner berfore 2:15 DAZ time then please download again the first one will not work. It was too big.

thanks Dolly, but I can't get either of them to load. once we get it worked out I'll get it on my signature.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    That's odd - I can't upload the signature image. I can upload other images, but not "sig_img_1437216.png"

Maybe because it's a png?

Dana

edited December 2013

Sorry guys that the siggie is not working. I did a png cause we had a jpg last month. Don't know why it is being stuborn do you need the jpg? cause your last month you loaded up a png?

Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    well that didn't come out in the right order... da winta queen was #1

LMAO!